Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread (/showthread.php?tid=137540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-04, 16:46)dave2384 Wrote: Hi guys,

I like to use the big fan viewtype for my movies and I was wondering how i would change the flags on the bottom right to show the UK certificate onstead of the screen size e.g 480 and remove the audio flag. Any help would be great.

I've come up with a workaround, it's not pretty though as Big Fan is not as easy to edit as landscape Confused I'm guessing you wanted it to look something like this:

At the moment it's just a dirty hack, needs refining and the icons need repositioning. Will need more time to figure it out properly, need to work out how to resize the MPAA flag also. Two questions though. Which viewtypes (bearing in mind tv shows can use up to three at the same time) are you using currently? Secondly, do you not use the audio flag at all, or just in big fan for movies?

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - dave2384 - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-07, 19:37)Deano316 Wrote:

I like to use the big fan viewtype for my movies and I was wondering how i would change the flags on the bottom right to show the UK certificate onstead of the screen size e.g 480 and remove the audio flag. Any help would be great.

I've come up with a workaround, it's not pretty though as Big Fan is not as easy to edit as landscape Confused I'm guessing you wanted it to look something like this:

At the moment it's just a dirty hack, needs refining and the icons need repositioning. Will need more time to figure it out properly, need to work out how to resize the MPAA flag also. Two questions though. Which viewtypes (bearing in mind tv shows can use up to three at the same time) are you using currently? Secondly, do you not use the audio flag at all, or just in big fan for movies?

That looks great, how did u get the bluray flag there, i have taged some of my stuff with either bluray or dvd and they do not show. I only use the big fan for Movies as i get to see the fanart more, i do not worry about the audio flag too much, just the Certificate and wether it is bluray, dvd or xvid really. For tv shows i use the showcase view i think and then episode view. Thank you again for you time in look into this.

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-07, 23:29)dave2384 Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 19:37)Deano316 Wrote:

That looks great, how did u get the bluray flag there, i have taged some of my stuff with either bluray or dvd and they do not show. I only use the big fan for Movies as i get to see the fanart more, i do not worry about the audio flag too much, just the Certificate and wether it is bluray, dvd or xvid really. For tv shows i use the showcase view i think and then episode view. Thank you again for you time in look into this.

Whilst I carry on working this out, you may want to spend a bit if time tidying your .nfos. If you open a movie nfo, towards the bottom just under trailer and studio I think, you'll see the the video and audio sources. Change the video source to 'bluray' and save. If you refresh the movie in your library (when prompted select local) your source flag will change to bluray. Rinse and repeat where necessary (I had to go through around 900 movies! Confused)

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-08, 05:20)Deano316 Wrote: Whilst I carry on working this out, you may want to spend a bit if time tidying your .nfos. If you open a movie nfo, towards the bottom just under trailer and studio I think, you'll see the the video and audio sources. Change the video source to 'bluray' and save. If you refresh the movie in your library (when prompted select local) your source flag will change to bluray. Rinse and repeat where necessary (I had to go through around 900 movies! Confused)

Criminey! Surely there's a little program or batch file that could do that... Not that i know of one!

What if you don't have a "source" tag in the .nfo? I have codec, aspect, width, and height under the video tag...

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - sergiocos - 2012-07-08

there's no need for nfo editing, just rename any file with a source tag inside, like this:
Drive.2011.BluRay.720p.x264.mkv

Then you will have the bluray icon after refreshing the movie Wink

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - dave2384 - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-08, 05:20)Deano316 Wrote: Whilst I carry on working this out, you may want to spend a bit if time tidying your .nfos. If you open a movie nfo, towards the bottom just under trailer and studio I think, you'll see the the video and audio sources. Change the video source to 'bluray' and save. If you refresh the movie in your library (when prompted select local) your source flag will change to bluray. Rinse and repeat where necessary (I had to go through around 900 movies! Confused)

I have just been going through a couple of my nfo files and noticed there are no <videosource> sections in any of them. Normally use ember media manager, looks like i might have to add them all myself.

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - phil65 - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-08, 13:21)dave2384 Wrote:

I have just been going through a couple of my nfo files and noticed there are no <videosource> sections in any of them. Normally use ember media manager, looks like i might have to add them all myself.

no, we look for video source in filename, not in nfo file.

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - dave2384 - 2012-07-08

So as long as it had bluray or dvd in the title it will pick it up, ok that is not so bad to rename for, ember has a good bulk rename. Thank you for that phil

(2012-07-08, 13:24)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-07-08, 13:21)dave2384 Wrote:

no, we look for video source in filename, not in nfo file.

I don't use EMM, but I'm constantly exporting my library to keep the artwork and nfos up to date. For the record, this is the part I updated and it worked fine for me:

Code:
<studio>Columbia Pictures</studio>
    <trailer>21 Jump Street-trailer.mov</trailer>
    <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <codec>bluray</codec>
                <aspect>2.424242</aspect>
                <width>1280</width>
                <height>528</height>
                <durationinseconds>6577</durationinseconds>
            </video>

Maybe I should try EMM, it might save me some of the heavy lifting.

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - Martijn - 2012-07-08

<codec>bluray</codec>
isn't a valid tag

<source>bluray</source>
would fit better however i don't think that is supported

(2012-07-08, 14:25)Martijn Wrote: <codec>bluray</codec>
isn't a valid tag

<source>bluray</source>
would fit better however i don't think that is supported

I've not coded it myself guys, I just altered what was already there. I was just editing the taglines and studios one day and saw one of the nfos looked liked that. Changed a few others and it worked for me. The nfos in my library were created by XBMC, I don't use anything else.

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-08, 14:59)Deano316 Wrote: I was just editing the taglines and studios one day and saw one of the nfos looked liked that. Changed the a few others and it worked for me. The nfos in my library were created by XBMC, I don't use anything else.

One alternative to manually editing .nfos is using XWMM. It's a little easier on the eyes. It will just involve one more step of exporting the library as separate files when you're done editing. I like to use it especially for taglines because you can just copy/paste from moviedb or imdb easily.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - sergiocos - 2012-07-08

ok, let's try again! the nfo has NOTHING to do with the bluray image. there's nothing in the world that you can write inside the nfo to display the bluray icon. the only thing/hack it's to write the source inside the filename.
valid examples: bluray ,blu-ray ,bdrip ,brrip
as in

LE: Scratch that, i was wrong, seems like <codec>bluray</codec> displays the bluray icon, even bluray, dvd are not codecs. Strange, though. Anyway, using source in filename seems easier Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-08, 22:10)sergiocos Wrote: ok, let's try again! the nfo has NOTHING to do with the bluray image. there's nothing in the world that you can write inside the nfo to display the bluray icon. the only thing/hack it's to write the source inside the filename.
valid examples: bluray ,blu-ray ,bdrip ,brrip
as in

LE: Scratch that, i was wrong, seems like <codec>bluray</codec> displays the bluray icon, even bluray, dvd are not codecs. Strange, though. Anyway, using source in filename seems easier Smile

Your way probably is easier, I have a habit of doing things the long way round! Wasn't trying to cause a fuss, just sharing something I discovered Wink

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - sergiocos - 2012-07-08

And you were right, i should verify first before posting, but i was sure that filename is the only way to go.