Kodi Community Forum
Win Error: unable to create application. Exiting - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Win Error: unable to create application. Exiting (/showthread.php?tid=205904)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - Hisma - 2015-06-26

just had this error out of the blue. just turned on my computer, tried to load kodi, no joy. Tried re-installing, no luck. I haven't done any sort of modifications that I know of.

Think I will have to do a full uninstall/reinstall. sigh.

I am running v15 beta 2.

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - Hisma - 2015-06-26

welp, fresh install did fix, once I deleted my roaming/kodi directory. That is an unnacceptable solution for me however, since my kodi has been customized so heavily over the years.

before i deleted the kodi directory, i had made a backup. so i reverted to my original kodi directory, and started deleting files from the /userdata directory. found once I deleted "profiles.xml", all is good.

No idea why that fixed it, but it did.

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - SoWErA - 2015-08-02

Same problem on Windows 10 when running in portable mode using latest dx10 kodi version and solved it by running the shortcut as admin(my account is admin so wierd).

Edit: Apparently my account didn't have access to change files for airdc folder after changing it it worked without admin.

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - Dialhot - 2015-08-14

(2015-03-14, 08:57)fritsch Wrote: The workaround was pushed - so all is in that should make it work: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/fd9b6598765b0bff900ef9eae5d7dbbca69a5add

Hi everyone,

Sorry to register just to ask for something, but would it be possible to merge this to Isengard branch ?
Obviously the grace period is still at 10sec on it: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Isengard/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAE.cpp

I was more than happy to find this problem workarrounded by fritsch on Helix; but very dissapointed to see it coming back with Isengard Confused
Actually my PC is rather old and slow, and each time I run Kodi the windows service Audiosrv eats a lot opf CPU (> 50%) and takes time to answer to Kodi. This prevents the application to start half of the time Sad

Thanks.

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - fritsch - 2015-08-14

Can you try: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218274 please?

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - Dialhot - 2015-08-14

Hi again,

Thanks for the fast answer.
My config does not handle Dx11, is that an issue ?
I'll give this version a try anyway, and let you know.

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - fritsch - 2015-08-15

It should run never the less. If it's not the case - keep what you have, cause all future versions of kodi won't run on your HW anyways anymore.

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - Dialhot - 2015-08-16

I did not see that this way but you are right Sad

Application is running but no DX11 Api then no DXVA acceleration, so barely unusable for HD video rendering.
Code:
13:03:00 T:3852  NOTICE: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - Your video driver doesn't support DirectX 11 Video Acceleration API. Application is not be able to use hardware video processing and decoding

Anyway audio engine init seems to no more fail because of the latency.

I guess I'll stick to Helix then Confused
It's sad the fix you did in Helix was not cascaded to Isengard 15.0, at least I would have had this one Smile

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - carade - 2015-08-19

(2015-06-26, 03:59)Hisma Wrote: welp, fresh install did fix, once I deleted my roaming/kodi directory. That is an unnacceptable solution for me however, since my kodi has been customized so heavily over the years.

before i deleted the kodi directory, i had made a backup. so i reverted to my original kodi directory, and started deleting files from the /userdata directory. found once I deleted "profiles.xml", all is good.

No idea why that fixed it, but it did.

This resolved it for me too! Nice find.

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - mjccox - 2015-08-19

If your Kodi is working properly you should get the addon "Backup" it can put a copy of your userdata and addons folders from AppData somewhere safe on your computer... I had this error happen to me.. Luckily I had these folders backed up... I did try to restore from within Kodi and it didn't work properly...

So I exited and navigated to the AppData/Roaming/Kodi/ folder from windows explorer.
Replaced the userdata folder and the addons folder with the ones I had backed up.
Once Kodi is restarted you have it back to the way it was without the need to redo anything.

Of course this is assuming that you have the backups.

I tried to just replace just the profile.xml and it didn't work for me. but this did.

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - T800 - 2015-08-27

I had this tonight. I had to remove the script.cu.lrclyrics add-on data folder. It wouldn't let me delete it either I had to move it then delete it.

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - Kingdelboxeo - 2015-09-08

I am getting this error I am on windows 7(work comp) but it somehow reads KODI as if I were on XP and it wont open

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - Orion88 - 2015-09-14

Hi,

14th Sept 2015.

I am not very savvy about the inner workings of these things. So can't really follow log files and such.
I developed this problem yesterday (last night to be exact). I had been trying to deal with a separate problem I am having with Win 10. My file 'runtimebroker.exe' is grabbing 100% of my CPU. I was trying to eliminate possible causes and deleted a number of things. Haphazard to be honest. Anyway afterwards Kodi would not load.
I tried reinstalls, nothing helped. Tried the 'fix' on Youtube, nope.
I just moved the Kodi directory in roaming (effectively backing it up by moving it). This worked. I then replaced it and moved profiles. Still works.
I'm not sure of the purpose of 'profiles', so what will I have lost?
Again, I only have a very basic grasp of all this stuff.
Thanks

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - Guaitiao - 2015-09-24

I am running Isengard 15.1 on Windows Vista 64bits. I am having this error (Error: Unable to create application. Exiting) every time my computer goes to sleep mode. I recover my Kodi by just deleting my profiles.xlm file under C:\Users\guaitiao\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata. without the need to re install everithing. However, after the system has recovered, all my old configuration is lost. Even when I kept a backup of my old config, I need to do some manual setting to restablish my preferred configuration. This is a problem. Could someone look into to this problem to see how is the best procedure to fix this problem without loosing all the configuration? At the best, on how to eliminate this problem? I just deactivated all my sleep modes in Win to avoid this problem. Please any help on solving this issue will be well appreciated. Thanks to all.

RE: Error: unable to create application. Exiting - Kingdelboxeo - 2015-09-24

I deleted everything related to KODI on my appdata and temp files and still getting the error