Kodi Community Forum
CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error (/showthread.php?tid=328282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - barney63 - 2021-10-07

October 7/2021 FIVB Beach Volleyball 03:30 EDT - Stream Not Available Yet
2 Volleyball events in Archives work ok

I wonder if any of the Volleyball will work, there is one event listed for tomorrow and 9 events on October 9 and 4 events on October 10

Hopefully the CHL hockey on October 9 will work

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - jbinkley60 - 2021-10-07

(2021-10-07, 14:34)barney63 Wrote: October 7/2021 FIVB Beach Volleyball 03:30 EDT - Stream Not Available Yet
2 Volleyball events in Archives work ok

I wonder if any of the Volleyball will work, there is one event listed for tomorrow and 9 events on October 9 and 4 events on October 10

Hopefully the CHL hockey on October 9 will work

Yeah, so far it looks like the Volleyball isn't working on Live Streaming but the archives are fine.  We'll see on the Hockey on Oct 9th.  Are the settings working OK now ?

Jeff

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - barney63 - 2021-10-07

(2021-10-07, 15:50)jbinkley60 Wrote: Yeah, so far it looks like the Volleyball isn't working on Live Streaming but archives are fine.  We'll see on the Hockey on Oct 9th.  Are the settings working OK now ?

Spectrum is green Smile

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - barney63 - 2021-10-09

Bad news: CHL Hockey/Beach Volleyball and Road to the Olympic Games Beach Volleyball will not play.  Getting the Stream Not Available Yet Error

For some reason the website video will come up but won't play in Firefox.  Brave and Chrome will play the website video ok, although when the video is stopped and restarted it goes back to where it started instead of where it should be if it were live.

Is .996 the latest version of the addon, I got a little confused when the latest one didn't have the results number changes and then the changes were put back in

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - jbinkley60 - 2021-10-09

(2021-10-09, 21:31)barney63 Wrote: Bad news: CHL Hockey/Beach Volleyball and Road to the Olympic Games Beach Volleyball will not play.  Getting the Stream Not Available Yet Error

For some reason the website video will come up but won't play in Firefox.  Brave and Chrome will play the website video ok, although when the video is stopped and restarted it goes back to where it started instead of where it should be if it were live.

Is .996 the latest version of the addon, I got a little confused when the latest one didn't have the results number changes and then the changes were put back in

Yes, 0.996 is the latest version.  I had previously uploaded a version which said it was 0.996 but really wasn't.  Thus I uploaded the real 0.996.  If you can run a set of logs with the Hockey I will see what we are getting back from CBC Sports. 

Jeff

(2021-10-09, 21:52)jbinkley60 Wrote: Yes, 0.996 is the latest version.  I had previously uploaded a version which said it was 0.996 but really wasn't.  Thus I uploaded the real 0.996.  If you can run a set of logs with the Hockey I will see what we are getting back from CBC Sports.
Log file for CHL Hockey

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - jbinkley60 - 2021-10-09

(2021-10-09, 22:03)barney63 Wrote:
(2021-10-09, 21:52)jbinkley60 Wrote: Yes, 0.996 is the latest version.  I had previously uploaded a version which said it was 0.996 but really wasn't.  Thus I uploaded the real 0.996.  If you can run a set of logs with the Hockey I will see what we are getting back from CBC Sports.
Log file for CHL Hockey

CBC did not return a URL. See line 3496. Entrycount = 0 .

Jeff

(2021-10-09, 22:45)jbinkley60 Wrote: CBC did not return a URL. See line 3496. Entrycount = 0 .
I wonder what changed from before

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - jbinkley60 - 2021-10-10

I think we're just going to find some things available real time and some not. It will be interesting if they add the hockey games to the archive.

Jeff

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - jbinkley60 - 2021-10-10

I see the hockey game in the archives and for now I can play it.

Jeff

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - barney63 - 2021-10-10

(2021-10-10, 01:10)jbinkley60 Wrote: I see the hockey game in the archives and for now I can play it.

To me that should have been available to watch live in the Live Schedule.  The CHL is junior hockey and they just signed an agreement to go on all the CBC platforms, the NHL Hockey Night in Canada is the big leagues, the one I could understand not being available.  I understand there can be rights issues but the stuff we haven't been able to watch lately is small potatoes in comparison.  It's not making sense.  The next non volleyball event is regional skating (not a big event) on Oct 13.  We'll see what happens there.

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - barney63 - 2021-10-13

Skate Ontario Day 2 is now playing in the Live Schedule
There is also the Canadian Long Track Skating at 1800 EDT, hopefully that will play as well

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - jbinkley60 - 2021-10-14

(2021-10-13, 14:24)barney63 Wrote: Skate Ontario Day 2 is now playing in the Live Schedule
There is also the Canadian Long Track Skating at 1800 EDT, hopefully that will play as well

Yep.  I was actually able to play it here.   I am doing some additional testing to see if I can determine a way to tell the difference between a stream not being ready (i.e. it is too early) or not available out of region.  Right now It seems like I get the same response from the CBC Sports website but I am still testing.

Jeff

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - barney63 - 2021-10-14

(2021-10-14, 00:22)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 14:24)barney63 Wrote: Skate Ontario Day 2 is now playing in the Live Schedule
Yep.  I was actually able to play it here.   I am doing some additional testing to see if I can determine a way to tell the difference between a stream not being ready (i.e. it is too early) or not available out of region.  Right now It seems like I get the same response from the CBC Sports website but I am still testing.
@jbinkley60  Unfortunately the Canadian Long Track Skating at 1800 EDT did not play at Live Schedule (it did at the website).  I think it was the Stream Not Available Yet error.  I wish I knew a way to get the url when it plays at the website.  Thanks Jeff for staying with it.

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - jbinkley60 - 2021-10-15

We've got Hockey Night finally coming up tomorrow evening.  I'll be curious if either you and I can see it.  As I've been tracking the CBC Sports website responses I am trying to get them to 3 categories and then have the Kodi notifications match:

1.  No URL posted yet for a future event.  Typically these events are too far in the future.  The website just return:  http://www.cbc.ca/sports
2.  URL is posted but there is no corresponding stream data.  No MediaId is returned by the CBC Sports website.
3.  Streaming is working in Canada but not elsewhere.  Out of region issue. 

Right now #2 and #3 seem to be reporting back the same thing so I can't differentiate them.  I am trying to catch an event where you are seeing it but I am not to see if I can find anything unique between #2 and #3.

Jeff