Kodi Community Forum
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback (/showthread.php?tid=365120)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Krobar - 2022-02-28

(2022-02-11, 23:49)damagedspline Wrote: BTW, when you play in VLC, does it use DirectSound or WASAPI for audio? Also, when using VLC do you see in your receiver info if the audio arrives as intended (especially for DD+/ATMOS/DTS:X). For me ATMOS & DTS:X work flawlessly using WASAPI.

Sorry, it was MPC-HC I was using. It was outputting in WASAPI and the receiver correctly detected DD+ and played the stream with MPC-HC. I put a lot more detail including a sample file and testing from multiple other users here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17427

A receiver manufacturer checked the output and said Kodi is outputting one good HDMI audio frame followed by 5 blank HDMI audio frames which is enough to cause most receivers to continually re-lock. To be clear on why this is legacy it only affects rips from Universal HDDVDs (1.5Mbit DD+). It will work if you disable bitstream audio output but I have to keep manually changing between bitstream on and off to work around this issue (Needs PCM) and playback Atmos/DTS:X (Needs Bitstream).

I tried to fix the issue and managed to get some partial audio but I just don't have the skills needed to fix this myself:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=365570&pid=3072842#pid3072842

If you have time to look at it that would be awesome but I understand why it has sat in the issue queue for a long time.

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - damagedspline - 2022-03-03

Updated first post with Kodi v19.3.4 - libbluray updated to 1.3.0!!!!

everything works the same as in previous versions - 2D & 3D titles, either encrypted (using makemkv as decoder) or non-encrypted.
3D bluray discs menus are broken as they always had.

I just received a few days ago the Hobbit 3D Extended trilogy set (was on sale at Amazon US) and tested with this new build  Big Grin  (well, only the first 30min of the battle of the five armies)

Next on my TODO list is to attempt to clean the libbluray update commit from all MVC/MFX related stuff and to push Kodi upstream, maybe it will be accepted.
After that I added a new item this fork todo list - fix the bluray menu in 3D mode.

@Krobar - unless kodi upstream plan a new v19.4 your up in line after that

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - K0D1User1138 - 2022-03-04

Can you give a bit more info on what is and importantly is not working now?

You mentioned you got the Hobbit 3D but does this version easily resolve the no 3D on right-eye first movies now?

Is there still issues with HSBS and HTAB files?

3D menus from discs don't interest me as I've not used discs in years now. I understand some rip their entire discs to ISO and would like those features to work. I find effort to get MVC MKV 3D, HSBS/HTAB files and other readily used 3D formats is where the bulk of progress needs to be made before I can consider moving beyond what sort of mostly works with 18.3.

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - damagedspline - 2022-03-04

(2022-03-04, 01:37)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Can you give a bit more info on what is and importantly is not working now?

You mentioned you got the Hobbit 3D but does this version easily resolve the no 3D on right-eye first movies now?

3D menus from discs don't interest me as I've not used discs in years now. I understand some rip their entire discs to ISO and would like those features to work. I find effort to get MVC MKV 3D, HSBS/HTAB files and other readily used 3D formats is where the bulk of progress needs to be made before I can consider moving beyond what sort of mostly works with 18.3.

For me, all of my example HTAB & HSBS files work except one file which is high frame rate (FPS = 47.94) 3D HSBS and only when playing it with auto upscale to full resolution. It should be an easy fix but I'll add it to my todo list. Everything else works fine for me except the 3D Blu-ray menus...

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Krobar - 2022-03-04

(2022-03-04, 01:37)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Can you give a bit more info on what is and importantly is not working now?

Recent V20 builds have resolved the no 3D for right eye first films for my setup. Watched Drive Angry (A right eye first title) the other day and it looked great in 3D. The recent V20 build is the best  Kodi 3D build I have used.

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - K0D1User1138 - 2022-03-04

Which v20 build?

I would like to test but haven't seen it posted at the beginning of this thread.

Also, as I've not been paying much attention, what are the better features of v20? There's really just  things (aside from 3D support) that Kodi NEEDS to fix IMO and that is native support for extras for media as well as the ability to export to individual files on an item by item basis, not one giant batch export of the entire library to generate a single new NFO file.

I know this isn't really the thread to discuss all that.

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Krobar - 2022-03-04

(2022-03-04, 20:21)K0D1User1138 Wrote: been paying much attention, what are the better features of v20? There's really just  things (aside from 3D support) that Kodi NEEDS to fix IMO and that is native support for extras for media as well as the ability to export to individual files on an item by item basis, not one giant batch export of the entire library to generate a single new NFO file.

This build is based on the V20 current branch, it is Alpha. @damagedspline kindly provided it as it fixed the sound crashes I was getting with V19. It includes the MVC patches but not the recent libbluray fixes, make sure you backup your user folder before upgrading in case you want to roll back: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366453&pid=3087566#pid3087566

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - damagedspline - 2022-03-05

(2022-03-04, 20:41)Krobar Wrote:
(2022-03-04, 20:21)K0D1User1138 Wrote: been paying much attention, what are the better features of v20? There's really just  things (aside from 3D support) that Kodi NEEDS to fix IMO and that is native support for extras for media as well as the ability to export to individual files on an item by item basis, not one giant batch export of the entire library to generate a single new NFO file.

This build is based on the V20 current branch, it is Alpha. @damagedspline kindly provided it as it fixed the sound crashes I was getting with V19. It includes the MVC patches but not the recent libbluray fixes, make sure you backup your user folder before upgrading in case you want to roll back: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366453&pid=3087566#pid3087566
Yeah, i dont want to delve into the v20 mvc releases until kodi upstream reaches atleast the beta stage as its just too much for me to maintain in parallel at the moment... So I posted it on the audio issue thread for testing purposes.
That is why i didn't post it here because i did not fully tested it so i cant say its bug free

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - damagedspline - 2022-03-06

First post updated with v19.4 release.

All of the goodies of v19.3.4 but resynced on top of v19.4.

Not included in this build: Regarding the 3D bluray menu - I was able to get it working but it is very not stable - sometimes the BR menu seems to freeze, when infect it is active so it is a redrawn issue. When it seems frozen, clicking enter or the arrow buttons perform the menu actions but the view is not updated with the changes and if start a clip from the menu was selected it will start the play fine even regardless if the BR menu seemed frozen or not..

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - K0D1User1138 - 2022-03-06

Just to reiterate, HSBS/HTAB works fine? Right-eye first files are recognized and playback fine? The issue you have to resolve in in regards to full ISO rips of 3D Blu-rays with 3D menus?

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - damagedspline - 2022-03-07

(2022-03-06, 23:11)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Just to reiterate, HSBS/HTAB works fine? Right-eye first files are recognized and playback fine? The issue you have to resolve in in regards to full ISO rips of 3D Blu-rays with 3D menus?

I tested multiple HTAB & HSBS example files and they all worked ok for me - except for high frame rate when auto upscale is enabled.

The 3D bluray menu issue is with my 3D disc collection. When I insert a disc to the drive and in kodi select "show bluray menu" it will always complain that the player does not support 3D and i have to click stop to go back to kodi.
In short, I am referring to real bluray menus like in dedicated physical bluray player.
I want that my home theater setup will be as complete as possible and work out of the box. So so far i made the hardware based auto upscale to hsbs and htab clips and it is a very giant leap in that direction. Now missing proper 3d bluray disc menu support to complete the circle.

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - K0D1User1138 - 2022-03-07

Thank you for the clarification. I hope to do some testing soon.

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Aphykit2006 - 2022-03-08

Hi
Thank you for maintain this version and for you'r hard work.
Testing v 19.4 soon
Regards

Need a little help getting 19.4 to work - rbmcgee - 2022-03-28

Symptoms:
When I start a 3D movie (without glasses) it seems like its playing in 2D.  When I put the glasses on, the left eye seems very dark, if not black.  The right eye is 2D.

Specifics:
All 3D movies (frame-packed) have been ripped to the hard drive with MakeMKV (movie only).  Back in the day I used to be able watch 3D movies perfectly with the old Kodi.  I was very happy to see this fork.

System:
Windows 10 version 21H1
Chip: Intel i3 9100 w/ 630 graphics (9th gen)
Driver: 26.20.100.7642
Kodi 19.4 

Settings:
Full Screen (non-windowed)
3D MVC HW support tested from 20->5
When movie starts it does flash "stereoscopic mode hardware based"

Am I a lost cause or do I have to start understanding my receiver and/or HDMI cables?

RE: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - udobroemme - 2022-03-28

It looks like you're affected by a known bug with some Intel gpu/driver/Windows version combinations. Does your display support over/under playback? Then it might be a good idea if you use use the "over/under" instead of "Hardware" Kodi setting. I have the same GPU generation (P630) and for me only over/under works with all Windows versions later than 1803.