Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube (/showthread.php?tid=356934)

RE: YouTube - R.O.H.3000 - 2022-12-12

anyone know how I can search for something WITHOUT triggering YouTube API REQUESTS?

RE: YouTube - koteufel - 2022-12-13

(2022-12-12, 16:04)IAmNotAUser Wrote: Quick Edit: I reverted those two edited lines (on current version, 6.8.23+matrix.1) in update_watch_history() back to how it was originally in x.x.20 and my watched status has started feeding back again correctly. Happy to create a PR if it wasn't a deliberate change, but will wait for an answer first Smile
Thanks for pointing this out.
Could you show us which code to edit?

RE: YouTube - enzospeed - 2022-12-14

Youtube videos has no sound after update to v20 on Xbox. Any one face similar issue?

Channels not updating with latest videos - pgordash - 2022-12-14

Kodi 18.8, YouTube plugin 6.8.23 on Firestick.  I have multiple YouTube channels that do not show the latest videos for 12+ hours after they are available in the native YouTube android app.

One channel example is https://www.youtube.com/@Level1Techs/videos

The video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWOKmW_w8eY at the current time is not showing up in the Kodi YouTube plugin but has been posted for 10+ hours already.

This seems to be a new issue within the last couple days.

Thanks for any help,
Paul

RE: YouTube - Vibes - 2022-12-14

Is there any way to get the list of youtube notification videos (like when you press the bell icon on android app) in this plugin? That would've been great.

RE: YouTube - Luterin - 2022-12-15

I'm running Kodi 19.3 on a Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 (Android 11, Shield 9.1.1), with YouTube 6.8.23+matrix.1, and yesterday (or the day before) the plugin stopped working. I get an error as soon as I start Kodi, "YouTube Error, check the log for more  information". And this happens when the Kodi UI is ready, but before I have clicked anything. If I try to go to the YouTube addon, I get the same error again.

I've also tried rebooting the Shield and clearing Kodi Cache, but haven't helped.

I don't think anything updated, so figured it might have been a temporary YouTube issue, this is why I waited a little before reporting.

Log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/uhafifelox.kodi

RE: YouTube - effe.rnr - 2022-12-16

(2022-12-15, 18:52)Luterin Wrote: I'm running Kodi 19.3 on a Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 (Android 11, Shield 9.1.1), with YouTube 6.8.23+matrix.1, and yesterday (or the day before) the plugin stopped working. I get an error as soon as I start Kodi, "YouTube Error, check the log for more  information". And this happens when the Kodi UI is ready, but before I have clicked anything. If I try to go to the YouTube addon, I get the same error again.

I've also tried rebooting the Shield and clearing Kodi Cache, but haven't helped.

I don't think anything updated, so figured it might have been a temporary YouTube issue, this is why I waited a little before reporting.

Log:
are you logged in?

had the same issue. I think this comes from loading youtube widgets while you are not logged in. After logging in the error disappeared.

RE: YouTube - Luterin - 2022-12-16

(2022-12-16, 01:20)effe.rnr Wrote:
(2022-12-15, 18:52)Luterin Wrote: I'm running Kodi 19.3 on a Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 (Android 11, Shield 9.1.1), with YouTube 6.8.23+matrix.1, and yesterday (or the day before) the plugin stopped working. I get an error as soon as I start Kodi, "YouTube Error, check the log for more  information". And this happens when the Kodi UI is ready, but before I have clicked anything. If I try to go to the YouTube addon, I get the same error again.

Log:
are you logged in?

had the same issue. I think this comes from loading youtube widgets while you are not logged in. After logging in the error disappeared.

Hmm, so you think this might be an issue related to my Youtube API keys? Not using any Youtube widgets, and, the times it happen earlier when API keys were an issue, I got a specific error about the keys, not a "total breakdown" like this, but perhaps that is what it is.. I will look into it tomorrow or so, if no other feedback about this shows up...

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

RE: YouTube - Kaylakaze - 2022-12-17

(2022-12-12, 16:04)IAmNotAUser Wrote: Quick Edit: I reverted those two edited lines (on current version, 6.8.23+matrix.1) in update_watch_history() back to how it was originally in x.x.20 and my watched status has started feeding back again correctly. Happy to create a PR if it wasn't a deliberate change, but will wait for an answer first Smile

Thanks for this. This change has been driving me nuts for the last couple of weeks, having Youtube keep recommending things I've already watched and me not being able to tell myself if I've watched something or not.
Now if only the history playlist thing actually worked.

RE: YouTube - Thundersun - 2022-12-19

Can you please fix the problem with history folder from youtube addon not showing up ? I can't see the folder even knowing that it's active on the configuration.

YouTube with GPIO pushbutton crashing system - siennamediatest - 2022-12-19

I am building a kodi box with rpi 3 model B, designed to be used by dementia patients in a retirement home. I have installed 2 buttons on the case so that nurses/caregivers can easily access a few functions, though it's mostly running on timers to play content. One of the buttons is a play/pause and works well. The other button calls the youtube addon to play a selected playlist. When I first set it up it worked, but now it almost always crashes the system. I've looked through the logs but I'm a bit of a noob and I don't know how to parse it to determine what's wrong.
-is rpi3 with 1gig of ram not enough to pull up a big youtube playlist?
-am I incorrectly calling the playlist function? Is this a syntax error?

https://paste.kodi.tv/isabiyemoj.kodi the whole crash log is 10 times too big to post in its entirely, so I'm including as much as I can of the end of the log before the system crashes- I can post the full .zip of the log or paste it in chunks if that helps.

The py file for the button addon is:
import sys
sys.path.append ("/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.rpi-tools/lib")
import xbmc
from gpiozero import Button
from signal import pause
button= Button(17,bounce_time(4),)
def vidplaylist(): 
    xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=swloMVFALXw)")
button.when_pressed = vidplaylist
pause()11

RE: YouTube - effe.rnr - 2022-12-21

(2022-12-16, 01:32)Luterin Wrote:
(2022-12-16, 01:20)effe.rnr Wrote:

Log:
are you logged in?

Hmm, so you think this might be an issue related to my Youtube API keys? Not using any Youtube widgets, and, the times it happen earlier when API keys were an issue, I got a specific error about the keys, not a "total breakdown" like this, but perhaps that is what it is.. I will look into it tomorrow or so, if no other feedback about this shows up...

did you solve the problem meanwhile? I think I have the same issue now (with same hardware)

Log:

Code:

2022-12-21 18:37:44.692 T:31601   ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'json.decoder.JSONDecodeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: Extra data: line 19 column 2 (char 513)
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/startup.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                       from youtube_plugin.kodion import service
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/service.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                       from ..youtube.provider import Provider
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                       from .provider import Provider
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                       from ..youtube.client import YouTube
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                       from .youtube import YouTube
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 21, in <module>
                                                       from .login_client import LoginClient
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/login_client.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                       from .__config__ import api, youtube_tv, developer_keys, keys_changed
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/__config__.py", line 222, in <module>
                                                       _api_check = APICheck(__context, __settings)
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/__config__.py", line 30, in __init__
                                                       self._am_jstore = LoginTokenStore()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/json_store/login_tokens.py", line 17, in __init__
                                                       JSONStore.__init__(self, 'access_manager.json')
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/json_store/json_store.py", line 39, in __init__
                                                       self.load()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/json_store/json_store.py", line 59, in load
                                                       data = json.load(jsonfile)
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/json/__init__.py", line 293, in load
                                                       return loads(fp.read(),
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/json/__init__.py", line 357, in loads
                                                       return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/json/decoder.py", line 340, in decode
                                                       raise JSONDecodeError("Extra data", s, end)
                                                   json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Extra data: line 19 column 2 (char 513)
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: YouTube - Luterin - 2022-12-22

(2022-12-21, 20:46)effe.rnr Wrote:
(2022-12-16, 01:32)Luterin Wrote:
(2022-12-16, 01:20)effe.rnr Wrote: are you logged in?

did you solve the problem meanwhile? I think I have the same issue now (with same hardware)
No, I haven't gotten around to it yet, had too much other things to do. Haven't even tried removing my API keys from api_keys.json to see what happens. Couldn't find the link on where/how to create new keys among my bookmarks, but perhaps I will find some spare time the nearest days and try to fix it all. If it even is related to the API keys, otherwise I don't know what to do, except using YouTube outside of Kodi, which would be very sad.

RE: YouTube - effe.rnr - 2022-12-22

(2022-12-22, 09:15)Luterin Wrote:
(2022-12-21, 20:46)effe.rnr Wrote:
(2022-12-16, 01:32)Luterin Wrote: Hmm, so you think this might be an issue related to my Youtube API keys? Not using any Youtube widgets, and, the times it happen earlier when API keys were an issue, I got a specific error about the keys, not a "total breakdown" like this, but perhaps that is what it is.. I will look into it tomorrow or so, if no other feedback about this shows up...

No, I haven't gotten around to it yet, had too much other things to do. Haven't even tried removing my API keys from api_keys.json to see what happens. Couldn't find the link on where/how to create new keys among my bookmarks, but perhaps I will find some spare time the nearest days and try to fix it all. If it even is related to the API keys, otherwise I don't know what to do, except using YouTube outside of Kodi, which would be very sad.

Okay. I completely reinstalled the addon (deleted the settings) and now it works again (with my own api keys).

RE: YouTube - Luterin - 2022-12-22

(2022-12-22, 13:19)effe.rnr Wrote:
(2022-12-22, 09:15)Luterin Wrote:
(2022-12-21, 20:46)effe.rnr Wrote: did you solve the problem meanwhile? I think I have the same issue now (with same hardware)

Okay. I completely reinstalled the addon (deleted the settings) and now it works again (with my own api keys).
Great! Did you use the same API keys as before, or did you create new ones?