Kodi Community Forum
CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error (/showthread.php?tid=328282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - skyhigh69 - 2021-10-16

Well here is what website shows vs kodi, looks like the event going to work, we shall see. Looks like an OHL game will be on before the NHL

And in Kodi:

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - barney63 - 2021-10-16

@jbinkley60

Both of the events (below) in the Live Schedule so far today have worked Smile
QIPCO British Horse Racing  - Just for testing information purposes, after the event concluded, it is now giving the "This Event Stream Hasn't Started" error
Road to the Olympics Beach Volleyball played from the Live Schedule

Edit:  CHL Hockey Calgary vs Red Deer is not playing in Live Schedule "Stream Not Available Yet" error (it is playing at website)
2021 Canadian Long Track Championships is not playing in Live Schedule "Stream Not Available Yet" error (it is playing at website)

I am wondering if any of this has anything to do with needing authorization from needing to be logged into CBC GEM (free service using username and password) that is required for the CBC TV addon

Edit:  Just noticed that the CHL game is now playing on the CBC TV Addon and the NHL games are scheduled there for later as well.  That begs the question why will they play in one addon and not the other.  Is it something to do with authorization for certain events (even though CHL worked previously in the CBC Sports Addon)

Edit:  This is interesting, Hockey Night in Canada (HNIC) Hockey Central (Pre game):
Shows up in the Live Schedule, but won't play - "Stream Not Available Yet"
Can't be found at the website
But it is playing on the CBC TV addon

Edit:  Hockey Night in Canada (HNIC) Ottawa at Toronto:
Shows up in the Live Schedule, but won't play - "Stream Not Available Yet"
Can be found and played at the website
It is playing on the CBC TV addon

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - skyhigh69 - 2021-10-17

well if its working in another addon is there any point in fixing this addon?

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - barney63 - 2021-10-17

(2021-10-17, 19:48)skyhigh69 Wrote: well if its working in another addon is there any point in fixing this addon?
Because most of the stuff (aside from NHL) is not aired on the network (CBC TV addon) 

The network might show the final game but CBC Sports will show the whole tournament. 

Another factor not many people know about is that there are several areas in the country without CBC OTA service.  Not all areas in the country were updated with a CBC digital transmitter when the analog transmitters were shut down.  So if you're like me, someone who really cut the cord (no cable/satellite/Netflix/Disney) I also don't have CBC via OTA.  That's why I am all  over this and grateful to MetalChris and Jeff for what they have done.

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - jbinkley60 - 2021-10-24

Sorry that I've been away for a bit.  I've been watching this thread but have been tied up on a few other things.  I've posted v0.997 which has a new setting for logging responses from the CBC Sports website without putting Kodi into debug mode.  It has 3 options, Off, Normal and Detailed.  Off is the default.  Normal and detailed can be used to troubleshoot Live Stream Events which don't play properly.  With the Normal setting parsed responses are logged from the CBC website and with Detailed the raw responses are written to the log file.  Normal will be sufficient for most troubleshooting.  

You can download the latest version here .

I've not been able to find anything unique between a stream not being available in my region vs. not being available at all.  This logging enhancement may help.

To the question around whether a GEMS login is required to display certain streams, I am not sure.  The addon goes to the same page your browser does and parses that web page.  So, in theory, the addon and browser responses should be the same but we can see times that they aren't.  There are a few possibilities for this behavior.  To rule out the GEMS login question, the key would be to find an event where it isn't playing on the browser and then login to the page in your browser.  If it starts displaying the stream then we know a GEMS login is required for that page.  If it doesn't make a different then we know that GEMS isn't required.  Maybe someone can do this testing and based upon the findings we can determine next steps. 

I am curious if any of the Hockey Night live events are playing for folks in Canada ?

Jeff

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - barney63 - 2021-10-24

Hey Jeff, good to have you back.  I've installed .0.997

Unfortunately, lately it seems, nothing that is playing at the CBC website will play at Live Schedule

Right now the 2021 Canadian National Squash Championships on CBC: Junior Finals are playing at the website
I'm getting "Steam Not Available Yet" in Live Schedule
That seems to be the response given when I try to play live events in Live Schedule

I just went to the CBC GEM website and logged out.  I am still able to play (at the websites) the 2021 Canadian National Squash Championships that are playing at the CBC GEM and CBC Sports websites without being logged in.  It's a puzzler.

(2021-10-24, 17:58)barney63 Wrote: Hey Jeff, good to have you back.  I've installed .0.997

Unfortunately, lately it seems, nothing that is playing at the CBC website will play at Live Schedule

Right now the 2021 Canadian National Squash Championships on CBC: Junior Finals are playing at the website
I'm getting "Steam Not Available Yet" in Live Schedule
That seems to be the response given when I try to play live events in Live Schedule

I just went to the CBC GEM website and logged out.  I am still able to play (at the websites) the 2021 Canadian National Squash Championships that are playing at the CBC GEM and CBC Sports websites without being logged in.  It's a puzzler.

Ok.  If you can change the logging setting to Detailed and then try to play a live event and upload the logs, I can look at it.  Make sure it is something which is playing on the website without logging in.  Also let me know which browser you are using.  It might be something whee I have to change the browser string which is being presented to the CBC website.,

Jeff

Log file

Detailed is turned on and Firefox is the browser.  Squash is playing in browser
Clicked on Squash in Live Schedule - "Stream Not Available Yet"
Not logged in to anything

(2021-10-24, 18:37)barney63 Wrote: Log file

Detailed is turned on and Firefox is the browser.  Squash is playing in browser
Clicked on Squash in Live Schedule - "Stream Not Available Yet"
Not logged in to anything

Thanks.  That is helpful.  It was the typical no events returned message:

CBC Sports Live Schedule entry count is 0 for event: 10:00 EDT - 2021 Canadian National Squash Championships: Junior Finals

If you could do the same for one which works with the addon I will spend some time parsing through the web pages being returned to see if I am missing something.

Jeff

Will do, unfortunately there are three live events on the webpage playing right now and none are working in Live Schedule - "Stream Not Available Yet"

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - barney63 - 2021-10-30

(2021-09-30, 13:47)jbinkley60 Wrote: Ok, I had some spare time and added full error checking for Live Schedule streams which aren't ready yet for one reason or another.  You will now see two different error messages depending on what comes back from the CBC Sports website.

Error Messages

Stream Not Available Yet  -  CBC either hasn't posted the URL yet in their Live Schedule listing or the one they posted is invalid and doesn't yet contain the stream information.
This Event Stream Hasn't Started.  Please check back later.  -  CBC has posted the URL and good stream information but the event hasn't been started yet.
Tried to watch 2021 Skate Canada International on CBC: Ice Dance Rhythm Dance in Live Schedule
Not getting either of the above errors anymore
Getting the "CBC Sports Error Check the Log for More Information" error

Just wondering, is the addon checking this page for the videos

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - jbinkley60 - 2021-10-30

(2021-10-30, 02:26)barney63 Wrote:
(2021-09-30, 13:47)jbinkley60 Wrote: Ok, I had some spare time and added full error checking for Live Schedule streams which aren't ready yet for one reason or another.  You will now see two different error messages depending on what comes back from the CBC Sports website.

Error Messages

Stream Not Available Yet  -  CBC either hasn't posted the URL yet in their Live Schedule listing or the one they posted is invalid and doesn't yet contain the stream information.
This Event Stream Hasn't Started.  Please check back later.  -  CBC has posted the URL and good stream information but the event hasn't been started yet.
Tried to watch 2021 Skate Canada International on CBC: Ice Dance Rhythm Dance in Live Schedule
Not getting either of the above errors anymore
Getting the "CBC Sports Error Check the Log for More Information" error

Just wondering, is the addon checking this page for the videos

I looked in the Live schedule and do not see a listing for 2021 Skate Canada International on CBC: Ice Dance Rhythm Dance.   I checked the CBC website and there is nothing for it in their schedule.  The link you sent above  https://www.cbc.ca/player/sports is a generic link and the addon would never call it.  Everything the addon calls would be something like:

http://www.cbc.ca/1.6223125 

This is the link for "Road to the Olympic Games: FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Championships - Kitakyushu" coming up at 1PM.  The error you got is from Kodi and not the addon catching an error.  If you post your logs I might be able to see what caused it.

Jeff

(2021-10-30, 16:12)jbinkley60 Wrote: This is the link for "Road to the Olympic Games: FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Championships - Kitakyushu" coming up at 1PM.  The error you got is from Kodi and not the addon catching an error.  If you post your logs I might be able to see what caused it.
Hi Jeff   Just tried the above in Live Schedule and got the same generic Check the Log error.  Log is posted here.  Unfortunately, no luck getting anything to work in Live Schedule

RE: CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error - jbinkley60 - 2021-10-30

(2021-10-30, 19:20)barney63 Wrote:
(2021-10-30, 16:12)jbinkley60 Wrote: This is the link for "Road to the Olympic Games: FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Championships - Kitakyushu" coming up at 1PM.  The error you got is from Kodi and not the addon catching an error.  If you post your logs I might be able to see what caused it.
Hi Jeff   Just tried the above in Live Schedule and got the same generic Check the Log error.  Log is posted here.  Unfortunately, no luck getting anything to work in Live Schedule

It looks like something may have changed on the CBC Sports website.  I am seeing generic 400 errors which is causing the error we are seeing now.  I'll have to do some investigation to see if I can figure out what they have changed,

Jeff

(2021-10-30, 21:53)jbinkley60 Wrote: It looks like something may have changed on the CBC Sports website.  I am seeing generic 400 errors which is causing the error we are seeing now.  I'll have to do some investigation to see if I can figure out what they have changed,
Thanks, they must have done something to go from having the links work to nothing working at all now and also a different error message.  Hope you can find something to bring it back