Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-10-16

el_Paraguayo Wrote:I'd think that it's possible!

2 methods spring to mind:

1) Easiest: What's the method for pulling up the random fanart? Is the name of the movie stored anywhere? Or is it just a multiimage control pointing to a fanart folder? If it's the former, nice an easy and shouldn't need a script, if the latter then let's look at option 2...

2) Harder: Get the name of the fanart and do reverse lookup in movie database. Would need a script, but not a complex one. I could probably build the functionality into the randommovie script.

Ok. I've done #2 - I've added a bit to the randommovie script (which I may need to rename as the script's functionality grows). It takes the fanart path and looks it up and plays the appropriate movie.

NB, this just works with the main fanart attached to a movie (i.e. it won't work with extrafanart).

Also, this is (pre-)Eden only. Getting to work on Dharma is probably possible but a bit more complicated. Depends on the demand from users I guess.

Lastly, I only said this option was 'harder' so that, once I'd done it, everyone would think I was amazing... Nod

- Martijn - 2011-10-16

el_Paraguayo Wrote:NB, this just works with the main fanart attached to a movie (i.e. it won't work with extrafanart).

We are currently working on the Extrafanart Downloader and we might be thinking of adding some db function to remember what has been downloaded for a certain movie/tvshow.
Maybe if this is functional in the future you could look-up the extrafanart in our db and find the movie that belongs to that.

- ialand - 2011-10-16

butchabay Wrote:Example:

TV Show Name
-- Season 1
--- fanart.jpg

So important you have Season 1, not Season1 or Season01!

ok (grrr... all mine are Season 01).. would you consider extending this to movie sets too? A fanart for the set then the fanarts for the movies in the set?

Movie Group
-- Movie 1
--- fanart
-- Movie 2
--- fanart
-- Movie 3
--- fanart
fanart (for the group)

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-10-16

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:We are currently working on the Extrafanart Downloader and we might be thinking of adding some db function to remember what has been downloaded for a certain movie/tvshow.
Maybe if this is functional in the future you could look-up the extrafanart in our db and find the movie that belongs to that.

Yes, I could.

I could probably do it already based on the file structure needed for extrafanart.

However, to be effective, it really needs to be an official, xbmc implemented solution (ideally accessible via the JSON interface) so that it works for all users.

Then it's a case of making sure the script knows exactly what type of fanart it's looking up as well. That would need to be coded into the skin.

But, yes, it's definitely doable!

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-10-16

I became mad trying to make Extrafanart Downloader work on my Mac Dharma setup

I think I gonna wait until it is officially integrated to stable version

- feerlessleadr - 2011-10-16

i'm having some problems scrolling up and down using the fanart view.

Whenever i use the mapped page up or page down button on my remote, it skips too far up or too far down skipping approx 4 too many shows. This causes me to not see 4 shows everytime I scroll up or down.

I am using v 2.06 with one of the more recent nightlies.

- Martijn - 2011-10-16

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:I became mad trying to make Extrafanart Downloader work on my Mac Dharma.

I think I gonna wait until it is officially integrated to stable version

We made some improvements. The only thing that's not working yet is samba (smb://) support. Maybe try our latest version. I've posted a link to a install .zip file.

- ialand - 2011-10-16

@butchabay

butchabay Wrote:Example:

TV Show Name
-- Season 1
--- fanart.jpg

So important you have Season 1, not Season1 or Season01!

ok I see, Season 1, Season 01 (space is important Smile ) just set up a few and works great!

Except...

the fanart dosen't switch till you actually select the 1st ep of the season.

ie.

Select Show (main fanart)
Select Season (dosen't change)
--- the selector bar starts on the ".." to go back
arrow down to episode, fanart changes to that season

Small thing but noticed.

Would be LOVELY to have a way to select/save season fanart from the menus?

- Martijn - 2011-10-16

ialand Wrote:@butchabay
the fanart dosen't switch till you actually select the 1st ep of the season.

ie.

Select Show (main fanart)
Select Season (dosen't change)
--- the selector bar starts on the ".." to go back
arrow down to episode, fanart changes to that season

This can't really be solved i think. The "bug" is also in Aeon Nox and it has to do with the internal workings of xbmc.
I 'solved' this by disabling "show parent folder items" in system settings and just using the BACK button to go up a level.

- ialand - 2011-10-16

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:This can't really be solved i think. The "bug" is also in Aeon Nox and it has to do with the internal workings of xbmc.
I 'solved' this by disabling "show parent folder items" in system settings and just using the BACK button to go up a level.
Oh, nice, I'll give that a shot, thanks Smile

- PatrickBateman - 2011-10-17

butchabay Wrote:Hi Pat,
The problem now is that textures are compressed, so what you can do with the stable cev2 is to download uncompressed texture (media folder) in the first post, delete textures.xbt and replace with the files inside the downloaded media folder. The you can just delete or replace the cirrus image.

Ahh,

Cool.. Cheers butcha, I should have realised. Loving the new options though, I like to keep my box as slim, minimilistic and light as possible and I love how your still adding these features as well as all the extra functionality of all the new features, gui etc too.

I know it's hard keeping everyone happy but you guys are doing an Incredible
Job!

- ysutarko - 2011-10-17

hi, it seems i can't hide weather menu on v2.06. how to fix it?
thank you kindly in advance

- butchabay - 2011-10-17

ysutarko Wrote:hi, it seems i can't hide weather menu on v2.06. how to fix it?
thank you kindly in advance

Sorry working here, you have weather plus ?

Dharma Eden ?

- butchabay - 2011-10-17

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Ok. I've done #2 - I've added a bit to the randommovie script (which I may need to rename as the script's functionality grows). It takes the fanart path and looks it up and plays the appropriate movie.

NB, this just works with the main fanart attached to a movie (i.e. it won't work with extrafanart).

Also, this is (pre-)Eden only. Getting to work on Dharma is probably possible but a bit more complicated. Depends on the demand from users I guess.

Lastly, I only said this option was 'harder' so that, once I'd done it, everyone would think I was amazing... Nod

I know i will never use it, but great you've done it Smile

Just give me a msg on how to integrate it ...

cheers

- butchabay - 2011-10-17

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:This can't really be solved i think. The "bug" is also in Aeon Nox and it has to do with the internal workings of xbmc.

Thanx for clearing this up mate.

That's why i've posted in aeon nox, i thought season fanart shows only on episode level and now we know why Nod