Kodi Community Forum
Release XBMC LCDproc Python addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Release XBMC LCDproc Python addon (/showthread.php?tid=143912)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - burritoboy9984 - 2013-12-16

(2013-12-16, 22:24)herrnst Wrote:
(2013-12-16, 22:18)burritoboy9984 Wrote: Yes, I'm hitting the power button on the remote, and the power option is set to suspend.
Alright, that makes it clear. This doesn't work ATM (in Frodo, that is). You need to work around this with something like this, although I'm not sure how this can be done in OpenELEC.

Regards,
nst

Ok, thx for the advice, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help
Erik

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - herrnst - 2013-12-17

(2013-12-16, 22:57)burritoboy9984 Wrote: Ok, thx for the advice, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Maybe this Wiki article in the OpenELEC.tv Wiki (paragraph "OPTIONAL: Restarting irexec on suspend and resume") will help you with this - put the python script somewhere and make it executable, and then use the suspend/resume thingies to start/kill the script like described on the script.xbmc.lcdproc wiki page (needs a little adaption, though).

HTH,
nst

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - HiPi - 2014-01-14

First of all, thx for great add-on!

I wanted to make small customization, but so far with no success :-) Particularly, I would like to change format of PlayerTime and PlayerDuration info labels depending on media type, e.g. when playing video I would like to have HH:MM format instead off default HH:MM:SS.

In infolabels.py I changed:
def InfoLabel_GetPlayerTime():
return InfoLabel_GetInfoLabel("Player.Time")

to:
def InfoLabel_GetPlayerTime():
if xbmc.Player().isPlayingVideo():
return time.strftime("%H:%M", InfoLabel_GetInfoLabel("Player.Time"))
else:
return InfoLabel_GetInfoLabel("Player.Time")

but with no effect :-( Add-on starts with no error or warning messages, but when playing video I still get PlayerTime displayed in HH:MM:SS format. Obviously, I should change something else. Any hint?

Thx.

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - herrnst - 2014-01-14

(2014-01-14, 13:20)HiPi Wrote: I wanted to make small customization, but so far with no success :-) Particularly, I would like to change format of PlayerTime and PlayerDuration info labels depending on media type, e.g. when playing video I would like to have HH:MM format instead off default HH:MM:SS.

You don't need to fiddle around with the sources to achieve this (indeed, with that change you just broke things like the progress bar percentage calculation).

Just open up your ~/.xbmc/userdata/LCD.xml in your favorite editor, then change the corresponding line you want a different time-format to e.g.:
Code:
$INFO[Player.Time(hh:mm)]
(or use e.g. "mmConfuseds" to use minutesConfusedeconds).

HTH,
nst

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - HiPi - 2014-01-15

Great, works exactly as I wanted it to!

Thx!

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - baseofdrum - 2014-01-30

Hi,
is there anyway to get the silverstone imon run with xbmc under windows 7 ??
is there any win version of this addon ??

thank you

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - herrnst - 2014-01-30

(2014-01-30, 00:20)baseofdrum Wrote: is there anyway to get the silverstone imon run with xbmc under windows 7 ??
is there any win version of this addon ??
Since there's no port of LCDproc for the Win32 platform (at least not that I know of) -> No.

nst

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - baseofdrum - 2014-01-30

that's bad,
thank you anyway
need to find an other solution, since they stopped to develope the xbmc on imon ;(

imon VFD showing just first line - dmnc_net - 2014-02-01

Hi folks,

I'm testing this display:
Code:
15c2:0036 SoundGraph Inc. LC16M VFD Display

My enviroment is OpenELEC 3.2.4, VFD driver imon, XBMC LCDproc addon v. 2.3.2.
Most of time the 16x2 display is showing just one row, sometimes both but it's rare and imho with some random circumstances. Does anybody experienced this too or how to debug it?

Cheers.

EDIT: Ok, it seems to be LCDd (LCDd 0.5.6, LCDproc Protocol 0.3) problem, so it is not related to XMBC LCDproc addon. Anyway it makes me unhappy Sad

EDIT: ... ok it seems to be a HW problem ... can't delete this post, any moderator please?

... yes, I have unmounted the PCB and second line goes on, so now I'm going to check connectors, isolate wires from the board as mentioned on the SIlverstone FAQ

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - herrnst - 2014-02-01

(2014-02-01, 13:45)dmnc_net Wrote: EDIT: ... ok it seems to be a HW problem ... can't delete this post, any moderator please?

... yes, I have unmounted the PCB and second line goes on, so now I'm going to check connectors, isolate wires from the board as mentioned on the SIlverstone FAQ
Personally I'd keep the post so others experiencing similar effects know it might be caused by hardware and/or LCDproc driver issues.

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - Rorwin - 2014-02-09

Hello i am using your nice addon with a mdm166a. Everything is working.
I have two questions.
Is there a way to display the playtime/Remaining as one line with big digits ? I saw big digits only with the clock.
and the oder question. Can i change the height of the Progressbar ?

Thank you for this addon!

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - herrnst - 2014-02-09

(2014-02-09, 12:16)Rorwin Wrote: Hello i am using your nice addon with a mdm166a. Everything is working.
Finally some feedback regarding the mdm166a display and it's support, thanks! Smile

(2014-02-09, 12:16)Rorwin Wrote: I have two questions.
Is there a way to display the playtime/Remaining as one line with big digits ? I saw big digits only with the clock.
You can have one of the LCD.Time pseudolabels in e.g. the video block in your LCD.xml to make the addon show the current play time in big digits (remaining not supported though). Example:

Code:
$ cat ~/.xbmc/userdata/LCD.xml
<video>
  <line>$INFO[LCD.TimeWide21]</line>
</video>

Can of course be done for music and all others (where it makes sense). Also see the configuration docs for reference (really need to shove that stuff into the XBMC wiki...)

(2014-02-09, 12:16)Rorwin Wrote: and the oder question. Can i change the height of the Progressbar ?
You can either utilise the display's dedicated "bars" to display progress (IMHO recommended) or put a "$INFO[LCD.ProgressBar]" into one of your <line>'s to have progress bars. For double-height, you might try to put two <line>'s with the progressbar tag in your config, but I don't know if and how this works Smile

Regards,
nst

Hey,
Quote:
Code:
<video>
</video>

Can of course be done for music and all others (where it makes sense). Also see the configuration docs for reference (really need to shove that stuff into the XBMC wiki...)
I have tried that, but i only got a half line of the Digit. All the numbers are cut in the middle and it displayed the top part of it.

Regards

Rorwin

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - herrnst - 2014-02-09

(2014-02-09, 15:25)Rorwin Wrote:
Quote:
Code:
<video>
</video>
I have tried that, but i only got a half line of the Digit. All the numbers are cut in the middle and it displayed the top part of it.
Am curious: Can you please put $INFO[LCD.TimeWide22] into the same line, and tell me about the result?

i got

Code:
<tvshow>
<line>$INFO[LCD.TimeWide22]</line>
    </tvshow>

in my config. it shows again a half part of the Digit. The first liine is empty and on the second line there is a half digit display.
i also noticed the it does the same in the screensaver mode. only half of the digits