Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED] (/showthread.php?tid=220360)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-09-20

(2015-09-20, 10:37)Thales Wrote: Hey Gade. I've been away from Kodi for a few months now and am just now catching up with all the updates. So forgive me if I missed this in the change logs or thread discussions.

Just wondering if some sort of "extras" indicator for the tv show main page is on the "to do" list. By that, I mean some way to tell from the main menu that the "Browse Extras" menu is available for that show in the context menu. Or is that not even possible with the VideoExtras?

Think something like this might be doable?

extras screenshot

Hi Thales.

Great to have you back! Smile

I have been planning an Extras indicator for quite a while now. The plan was to add an overlay to posters and banners of all movie / tv show views, but that would require a lot of work, which is the reason nothing have happened yet.

The easy way would be to add a media flag, like you did - and I think this will be the solution.

I like the style of your extras media flag. Is it a full image or an image with text on top?

(2015-09-20, 10:37)Thales Wrote: (Oh, and thank you thank you for adding the option for themes. (Or was it always there and I just never noticed it?) I was always having to quit Kodi after each Rapier update to unpack the textures file, copy over a few modified files, repack it, and copy it back. Today I noticed the color themes and had the idea to create a theme with just the few modified files. It worked perfectly. Now I shouldn't have to quite Kodi after each Rapier update. (It is just a few small changes like making the bottom bar more transparent so I can see more of my fan. Stuff like that. Nothing major.))

The themes has been added recently. I have also added a flat theme, which looks pretty nice (and more modern).

Adding your changes as a theme is a very good solution - if your changes are only the images. Just remember to add your theme after each update Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Thales - 2015-09-22

I just made an "extras" flag if you need it. I opened up a random studio flag for your skin folder to use as the size template. 161 x 109 pixels.

I've got a png here with just the text and a transparent background like your other flags. I also have a Photoshop file with the text as a layer if needed.

Let me know if you want to try a different look and I can whip it up real quick.

extras files

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-09-22

(2015-09-22, 09:31)Thales Wrote: I just made an "extras" flag if you need it. I opened up a random studio flag for your skin folder to use as the size template. 161 x 109 pixels.

I've got a png here with just the text and a transparent background like your other flags. I also have a Photoshop file with the text as a layer if needed.

Let me know if you want to try a different look and I can whip it up real quick.

extras files

Hi Thales.

Thanks so much for the files.

I have decides to only include a VideoExtras media flag - instead of a poster overlay (which doesn't quite fit with the skin). And I absolutely can use your files for that.

But I don't know if it will make it into the next update. There's still some things to figure out Smile

Cheers
Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - markcwee - 2015-09-23

After last update, Kodi doesn't crash anymore on subtitle dialog menu. Thanks Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-09-24

(2015-09-23, 22:30)markcwee Wrote: After last update, Kodi doesn't crash anymore on subtitle dialog menu. Thanks Gade

That's great to hear.

I did some minor changes and bugfixes for the subtitles dialog, so I'm happy to hear that they did the trick Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-09-27

A new update is available. This update contains bugfixing and new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Rapier 8.3.5 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

Some of the highlights for 8.3.5 (** = screenshot below):
  • Flat Theme (almost no rounded corners / shadows) **
  • Fanart View **
  • Full support for CinemaVision script and MyPicsDB add-on
  • Added Xzener's reflected movie / tv show genre icons to the skin.rapier/extras folder
  • Redesign of NextUp Info and Still Watching dialogs **
  • Up to 20 items for home screen movies, tv shows and music recently added widgets (before it was 10)

CHANGELOG
Code:
8.3.5 (25-September-15)
- Bugfixing in weather window for Hourly and 16 Days animated icons.
- Redesign of NextUp Info and Still Watching dialogs.
- Removed About window.
- Added Google Maps dialog for plugin.image.mypicsdb (requires manual installation).
- Minor bugfixes for subtitles dialog.
- When CinemaVision is running, the busy dialog will be hidden.
- ExtendedInfo season menubar work.
- Added episode count label to ExtendedInfo season information window.
- Changed button "Scroll Plot/Description" in View Options to one global setting.
- Added Xzener's movie / tv show genre icons to the skin.rapier/extras folder (huge thanks to Xzener and IIIdefconIII).
- Added Information button in fullscreen music OSD.
- Rearranged Media section in the skin settings (no settings removed).
- Moved Next Aired Status Media Flag from view options dialog to Media section in the skin settings.
- Disabling media flags in the skin settings now also disables next aired status and studio media flags in the tv show and season library.
- Added filter wizard and translation editor dialogs for plugin.image.mypicsdb (requires manual installation).
- Added up to 20 items for home screen movies, tv shows and music recently added widgets.
- Added home screen pictures recently added / random widget (requires manual installation of plugin.image.mypicsdb).
- Added Latest / Random image backgounds to pictures home screen category and windows (requires manual installation of plugin.image.mypicsdb).
- Added support for CinemaVision script (script.cinemavision) (script.cinema.experience is still supported).
- Updated addon.xml.
- Added Fanart View for movies, sets and tv shows.
- Added better add-on support to presets dialog when creating custom categories / submenus.
- Added flat theme (almost no rounded corners / shadows).

Added Fanart View for movies, sets and tv shows.

The media info can be disabled in the view options.

You can hide the top bar as well, and also the media flags to achieve a more minimalistic layout.

Redesign of NextUp Info and Still Watching dialogs.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST...

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.0 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-09-27

CONTINUED...

Added flat theme (almost no rounded corners / shadows).

ENJOY!

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.5 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - markcwee - 2015-09-27

clap clap clap Smile

[feature request] - fred_gaou - 2015-10-02

Hi,

It's nice to have duration script support then an option to set it to display duration in human readable format such as 1h30 instead of 90 minutes. But the duration is still in minutes in list view. And it would be great all the view modes could display duration.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.5 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-10-02

(2015-10-02, 17:26)fred_gaou Wrote: Hi,

It's nice to have duration script support then an option to set it to display duration in human readable format such as 1h30 instead of 90 minutes. But the duration is still in minutes in list view. And it would be great all the view modes could display duration.

Hi fred_gaou.

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually, the script isn't needed anymore as the function is coded directly into the skin now.

Could you provide a screenshot? Ot give me the exact list view - is it movies, tv shows, episodes etc.? Maybe I don't remember it correctly, but I don't recall duration being displayed in any list view other than music videos (and I will correct that one).

I would love to correct any inconsistencies.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.5 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - fred_gaou - 2015-10-02

yes, movie → list view.

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.5 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-10-02

Thanks, I will fix it Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.5 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - blondeshanks - 2015-10-05

Hi Gade,

Just a quick query about the homescreen widgets.

My TV Shows widgets are pretty full with Recently Added, In Progress on one side and then Upcoming TV Shows and the TV Show widget below that but when I go to movies I only have Recently Added.

Is there an option to add more widgets to the movies screen? Ideally, what I would like to see is something kind of info slide out from the left when I select movie from a widget and maybe a 'Recommended Movie' widget below the Recently Added.

What do you think? Is something along those lines possible?

Thanks Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.5 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - Gade - 2015-10-05

(2015-10-05, 10:34)blondeshanks Wrote: Hi Gade,

My TV Shows widgets are pretty full with Recently Added, In Progress on one side and then Upcoming TV Shows and the TV Show widget below that but when I go to movies I only have Recently Added.

Is there an option to add more widgets to the movies screen? Ideally, what I would like to see is something kind of info slide out from the left when I select movie from a widget and maybe a 'Recommended Movie' widget below the Recently Added.

Thanks Gade

Hi blondeshanks.

Something like that is definately possible using the ExtendedInfo script. What about a widget with recommended movies sliding in from the bottom left once you focus a recently added or in progress movie? And when you click a movie in the recommended movie widget it can open up the ExtendedInfo movie information dialog.

Cheers
Gade

RE: [RELEASE] Rapier 8.3.5 for Kodi 15.x Isengard - blondeshanks - 2015-10-05

(2015-10-05, 11:14)Gade Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 10:34)blondeshanks Wrote: Hi Gade,

Thanks Gade

Hi blondeshanks.

Something like that is definately possible using the ExtendedInfo script. What about a widget with recommended movies sliding in from the bottom left once you focus a recently added or in progress movie? And when you click a movie in the recommended movie widget it can open up the ExtendedInfo movie information dialog.

Cheers
Gade
That sounds awesome, I'm happy with anything that uses the empty space at the moment Smile

Thanks Gade