Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread (/showthread.php?tid=137540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - Deano316 - 2012-08-03

(2012-08-03, 17:41)phil65 Wrote: please use the modding thread for stuff like that.

No problem. I'll keep to the modding thread until I have something finished, or working at least. Thanks phil Wink

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-03

Okay, moved from the main thread and want to try and get a working version of this mockup which I'm sure some of you will have already seen:

Aside from tweaking the look, I've tried chopping the code about but nothing seems to change Confused So what's different? Tagline has been moved to the top, gradient and drop shadow added, logo moved to the floor and increased in size by 50%.

I've had loads of great help on this thread already, even got a mod added to Nox 3.5, anyone willing to help me with this one?

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - defluo - 2012-08-03

Made a start. Obviously I need the gradient on top. Not sure where that is

(2012-08-03, 20:20)defluo Wrote: Made a start. Obviously I need the gradient on top. Not sure where that is

Excellent work my friend!! Everything I used came from Nox, cant get to my pc for the next quarter of an hour. As soon as i get on it, I'll tell you exactly what I used and from where Wink

Okay...I'll run through everything for those that might want to know.

For the gradient I repurposed homemenu_gradient from Nox-media-home. I had to flip it and then it needs to be moved a bit higher than the top of the screen for it to sit right.

The ratings flag is from Nox-media-flags-rating-info. (I'm guessing you know that)

The font is Ubuntu Condensed.

The logo is 50% larger than it was previously.

The other floor logos were shrunk 20%.

Added a drop shadow to the tagline to make it pop a little.

The resizing of the floorlogos is probably unnecessary. The tagline font can ultimately be whatever you like.

I think that's everything. I think long term I'd like to shorten the gradient for the floorlogos. The main logo is now lower, and makes the extra seem redundant.

I see you're using the new white theme. It's a great looking alternative. Thanks for taking the time to help deflou Big Grin

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - defluo - 2012-08-03

Not made a lot of progress but I'm done for tonight

You've already got further than I ever did Wink Have to power down myself for a few hours, got work shortly Confused

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-08-03

The white version is looking cool too!

You think the floor gradient is a bit intrusive? I think it washes out the fanart. On my install (which I'm also using the Lite theme), I ended up going with the alternate floor, mainly because it drops the white gradient altogether. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this defluo. You and Deano came up with some good mods last time around. Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-04

(2012-08-03, 23:17)thrak76 Wrote: The white version is looking cool too!

You think the floor gradient is a bit intrusive? I think it washes out the fanart. On my install (which I'm also using the Lite theme), I ended up going with the alternate floor, mainly because it drops the white gradient altogether. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this defluo. You and Deano came up with some good mods last time around. Smile

Perhaps I'm being a bit too picky with the gradient, just want it to look perfect. Thanks for the move, I think the main thread wasn't the place for this, besides which it allows for a better "reveal" later on Big Grin As far as the theme goes I have to admit I'm in the minority right now, the white Nox isn't for me. Maybe I'll warm to it, who knows.

As far as the progress goes, defluo is doing us proud. It's just frustrating that I can't code and help out. I'll have to settle for being the "idea man". Blush

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - defluo - 2012-08-05

Due to Britain actually doing well in the Olympics I've been distracted. Managed to work on it a bit today.

First screenshot is me attempting to use the white gradient for the white theme. This however became an issue with white backgrounds so I switched it to black.

Though the blade screenshots don't show it perfectly there is some shadow behind the tagline so it should stand out regardless of the colour of the fanart. It's by no means finished, but I can safely say I've made progress

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-05

Outstanding!! I see its starting to take shape. I've been distracted by the Olympics too, Team GB is doing well for a change Big Grin Although as usual we lost in the football Sad

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Shinu - 2012-08-06

i'm looking to mod my fullscreen video info to use logos instead of clearart whenever they're both present. can someone direct me as to how to go about this?

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Kokonutcreme - 2012-08-08

Does anyone know how to mod the OSD display so that the default button focused is Stop instead of subtitles?

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - leepenny - 2012-08-08

Just an observation but on the images above the logos look a little blocky is that due to expanding the logo or the light background?

-- Having a white background I think shows up the minor flaws in the logos - nothing to do with the great work youve put in here btw

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-08

(2012-08-08, 12:09)leepenny Wrote: Just an observation but on the images above the logos look a little blocky is that due to expanding the logo or the light background?

-- Having a white background I think shows up the minor flaws in the logos - nothing to do with the great work youve put in here btw

I'm guessing that the flaws in the logos is a temporary thing, could be due to resizing or just because it's a WIP. There are a few things that need tweaking but I think it's better to wait and see a more finished product before we make any suggestions. Wink