Kodi Community Forum
Release XBMC LCDproc Python addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Release XBMC LCDproc Python addon (/showthread.php?tid=143912)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - Morphy99 - 2014-02-18

Is there a way to display recently added movies/episodes to the lcd? Had a look at the Infolabel wiki couldn't see anything relevant though.

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - herrnst - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-18, 02:24)Morphy99 Wrote: Is there a way to display recently added movies/episodes to the lcd? Had a look at the Infolabel wiki couldn't see anything relevant though.
If there isn't some sort of $INFO tag available for this, then no.

nst

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - barcoboy - 2014-02-19

Hi everyone. Got this working beautifully with a Raspberry Pi and PiFace Control and Display board running under Xbian.

One question though... is it possible for your plugin to support the five tactile buttons on the Piface CAD? I've got everything configured in LCDProc to read the buttons, but if I understand correctly, LCDProc sends this information to the client whenever a button is pressed, and it is up to the client to perform whatever action depending on what button was pressed.

I have LIRC working with a remote control, but it would be awesome to get these five buttons working as well so I could quickly navigate around in XBMC without the remote.

Thanks!

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - herrnst - 2014-02-19

(2014-02-19, 03:39)barcoboy Wrote: Hi everyone. Got this working beautifully with a Raspberry Pi and PiFace Control and Display board running under Xbian.
Regarding "Raspberry Pi": Do you also experience any problems regarding the order of PlayIcon and ProgressBar tags, with the ProgressBar not showing if it's placed in a line below a line containing the PlayIcon tag?

(2014-02-19, 03:39)barcoboy Wrote: One question though... is it possible for your plugin to support the five tactile buttons on the Piface CAD? I've got everything configured in LCDProc to read the buttons, but if I understand correctly, LCDProc sends this information to the client whenever a button is pressed, and it is up to the client to perform whatever action depending on what button was pressed.
While this would be a very nice addition for "full" LCDproc support, this isn't supported at the moment and would probably require some major refactoring of the client/server communication stuff (and I also don't have appropriate hardware to test/develop with so this would be a blind implementation) - sorry (patches welcome, of course Wink ).

nst

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - Cyberdyne_de - 2014-02-19

@herrnst:
I am still using Frodo (Ich würde gerne wechseln aber ich traue mich nicht. Läuft gerade alles so gut). Is there an automated way to "apply the diff"? I think I will make these few changes by hand. Please tell me that there is an other editor than vi! I used vi ten years ago and can't (don't want to) remember anything. I am quit bussy right now but as soon as I can I will test it.

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - barcoboy - 2014-02-19

(2014-02-19, 09:54)herrnst Wrote: Regarding "Raspberry Pi": Do you also experience any problems regarding the order of PlayIcon and ProgressBar tags, with the ProgressBar not showing if it's placed in a line below a line containing the PlayIcon tag?
I've never used the ProgessBar tag at all on the Raspberry Pi, as with only 2 lines of display I prefer to see the title and time information. Only when I have a four line LCD, such as on my original XBox, do I use a ProgressBar. I will do some testing tonight though and see what happens if I change my second line from a title to the progress bar.

(2014-02-19, 15:26)barcoboy Wrote: I will do some testing tonight though and see what happens if I change my second line from a title to the progress bar.
Thank you very much!

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - herrnst - 2014-02-19

(2014-02-19, 12:59)Cyberdyne_de Wrote: @herrnst:
I am still using Frodo (Ich würde gerne wechseln aber ich traue mich nicht. Läuft gerade alles so gut). Is there an automated way to "apply the diff"? I think I will make these few changes by hand. Please tell me that there is an other editor than vi! I used vi ten years ago and can't (don't want to) remember anything. I am quit bussy right now but as soon as I can I will test it.
You might aswell try this frodo-branch containing the commit, and then even be lazy and just download a full ZIP package Wink

Yes, I am soooooooooooooo lazy! Big Grin
Thank you very much! I only tested the big clock (hoping that there are no new bugs) and it is working great. I tested the normal screensaver when XBMC is showing the menu and the screensaver when a film, a TV-show or a music track is paused and every time I got a perfectly working 8-digits big clock.

Let's see what barcoboy says but as far as I know the PiFace display is a HD44780 display and I am pretty sure that it will show the same bug. If not it would be very strange!
Update:
Upps! I just saw the the PiFace is connected via MCP23S17 (SPI). Let's see if it makes a difference.

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - barcoboy - 2014-02-20

Looks like I am having the same issue as delinend is having. If I place a ProgressBar on line #2 after the PlayIcon and time indication on line #1, nothing shows up on line #2 of my LCD (ie: no ProgressBar), but if I simply swap the order of line #1 and line #2, everything looks fine. This is both while playing music and watching a video.

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - delinend - 2014-02-21

Hi.

I'm testing Gotham builds (r17767 from today) on my RaspberryPi, and sudenly i can't install XBMC LCDproc 2.3.2 anymore :-(
It say... "Dependencies not met. Please contakct Add-on author"

Any ideas ?

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - herrnst - 2014-02-28

All,

am well aware of the dependency problem with gotham and the addon version in the repository. The neccessary (simple) changes are already committed to the addon's GIT and gotham will get it's "own" version the next days (but don't hold your breath Wink ). The adventurous can of course install the updated version from GIT via this ZIP archive to get your displays working again.

nst

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - sfnetwork - 2014-03-07

(2014-02-28, 11:31)herrnst Wrote: All,

am well aware of the dependency problem with gotham and the addon version in the repository. The neccessary (simple) changes are already committed to the addon's GIT and gotham will get it's "own" version the next days (but don't hold your breath Wink ). The adventurous can of course install the updated version from GIT via this ZIP archive to get your displays working again.

nst

This version works great for me on Gotham, thanks

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - herrnst - 2014-03-07

An update on using script.xbmc.lcdproc on Gotham:

(2014-02-28, 11:31)herrnst Wrote: am well aware of the dependency problem with gotham and the addon version in the repository. [...]
(2014-03-07, 01:37)sfnetwork Wrote: This version works great for me on Gotham, thanks

The updated version (2.5.0) with updated depends and a few minor improvements (OpenELEC users will benefit as it seems there are occasions where OE adds bbcode tags to some labels - they are filtered out now before text goes to LCDproc; also, the screensaver behaviour change proposed by Cyberdyne_de is included) has been pushed to the addon repo yesterday and should by now be installable by everyone. So if you updated to the GIT version due to the depends problem, it is recommended to uninstall that and reinstall from the repo again to be safe on updates.

Please also note that further development will happen in the Gotham version only, but of course if some issues arise with the Eden and/or Frodo versions, they'll be addressed, while I believe the two version work stable and reliable in the state they are currently at.

Best regards,
nst

RE: XBMC LCDproc Python addon (testing needed) - sfnetwork - 2014-03-07

(2014-03-07, 09:59)herrnst Wrote: An update on using script.xbmc.lcdproc on Gotham:

(2014-02-28, 11:31)herrnst Wrote: am well aware of the dependency problem with gotham and the addon version in the repository. [...]
(2014-03-07, 01:37)sfnetwork Wrote: This version works great for me on Gotham, thanks

The updated version (2.5.0) with updated depends and a few minor improvements (OpenELEC users will benefit as it seems there are occasions where OE adds bbcode tags to some labels - they are filtered out now before text goes to LCDproc; also, the screensaver behaviour change proposed by Cyberdyne_de is included) has been pushed to the addon repo yesterday and should by now be installable by everyone. So if you updated to the GIT version due to the depends problem, it is recommended to uninstall that and reinstall from the repo again to be safe on updates.

Please also note that further development will happen in the Gotham version only, but of course if some issues arise with the Eden and/or Frodo versions, they'll be addressed, while I believe the two version work stable and reliable in the state they are currently at.

Best regards,
nst

Working great so far (OE)
Thanks again