Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- stoli - 2010-12-13

@ppic - since you are around - does the passion repo notify users when an update is available the same way the 'official' repo does?

Thanks,

- Sharpe - 2010-12-13

stoli Wrote:@ppic - since you are around - does the passion repo notify users when an update is available the same way the 'official' repo does?

Thanks,

Hey mate - yes it does - very nice skin by the way.

- stoli - 2010-12-13

Sharpe Wrote:Hey mate - yes it does - very nice skin by the way.

Thanks for the info and the compliment!

- smilenkovski - 2010-12-14

Hi stoli!
I think that trailer window can be bigger now, I think that with this skin we can reach the maximum trailer window.( and not only trailer but movie window when Tabbed). I'm using poster view.
P.S.
And one wish, is it possible to have big poster thumbs when Show fanart is ON? (exact size like when Dark view is ON in poster view). I know that some can think that this is not quite logical but that kind of view can be interesting.

- stoli - 2010-12-14

smilenkovski Wrote:Hi stoli!
I think that trailer window can be bigger now, I think that with this skin we can reach the maximum trailer window.( and not only trailer but movie window when Tabbed). I'm using poster view.

I'll look into this - I haven 't really given the video windows any attention other then the initial size increase. I also want to work on the borders - I'm not keen on the current background for the video window.
Quote:P.S.
And one wish, is it possible to have big poster thumbs when Show fanart is ON? (exact size like when Dark view is ON in poster view). I know that some can think that this is not quite logical but that kind of view can be interesting.

Shouldn't be a problem, but I will be making the big poster zoom/animation an option in settings as I really don't care for it. :-)

- stoli - 2010-12-14

Small update today:

- Fixed main menu to return focus to same item node. I.E. Enter movies, exit movies, Movies will be selected on main menu.
- Changed font in Music Vis from all caps back to standard.

- jeepcook - 2010-12-15

stoli Wrote:Small update today:

- Fixed main menu to return focus to same item node. I.E. Enter movies, exit movies, Movies will be selected on main menu.
- Changed font in Music Vis from all caps back to standard.

great fixes !!

- filigran - 2010-12-15

stoli Wrote:- Fixed main menu to return focus to same item node. I.E. Enter movies, exit movies, Movies will be selected on main menu.

Um, silly question, but how do you make it NOT do that? Just curious. Smile I prefer that behaviour (that it goes to the last item selected and not a default one), and use it in my own skin, but I've never managed to get it not to do that.

- Kalliban - 2010-12-15

I got a weird bug today! I started my htpc up and while I was browsing my tv-shows I changed to files-view to play a non-scraped show. This resulted in the screen turning black. It still played sounds when I used the arrow keys but the screen stayed black no mather what. I then exited xbmc (alt+F4) and when I restarted it, I was back in confluence but the settings still said neon(svn). When I looked in the skin.neon.svn-folder the 720p-folder is gone (at least). Oo

The log: http://pastebin.com/PJzYQdi3

In the log it tries to delete Antipasto.ttf, which I had changed to the one you linked to previously in order to get å to work. Could this have something to do with it? Why would it try to delete the files anyway, maybe something with it trying to update the skin? I installed via the repo so maybe it does in fact try to update automatically and crash when the file didn't match?

Reinstalled the skin via the repo again and it works fine again for now.

//Kalliban

- stoli - 2010-12-15

Kalliban Wrote:I got a weird bug today! I started my htpc up and while I was browsing my tv-shows I changed to files-view to play a non-scraped show. This resulted in the screen turning black. It still played sounds when I used the arrow keys but the screen stayed black no mather what. I then exited xbmc (alt+F4) and when I restarted it, I was back in confluence but the settings still said neon(svn). When I looked in the skin.neon.svn-folder the 720p-folder is gone (at least). Oo

The log: http://pastebin.com/PJzYQdi3

In the log it tries to delete Antipasto.ttf, which I had changed to the one you linked to previously in order to get å to work. Could this have something to do with it? Why would it try to delete the files anyway, maybe something with it trying to update the skin? I installed via the repo so maybe it does in fact try to update automatically and crash when the file didn't match?

Reinstalled the skin via the repo again and it works fine again for now.

//Kalliban

It's certainly not anything the skin did; skins can't interact with the file system - could you post the entire log?

As for the repo update, I suppose that is possible - I do not know how that process works but it does sound the a viable answer.

- Kalliban - 2010-12-15

stoli Wrote:It's certainly not anything the skin did; skins can't interact with the file system - could you post the entire log?

As for the repo update, I suppose that is possible - I do not know how that process works but it does sound the a viable answer.

I will wait and see if it happens again! If it's not skin-related then my guess would be the update. I will not replace the font this time and see, maybe that was what did it. You said something about you waiting for a new version from the author of the font, is that something to hope for or is that far away?

As for the whole log; the system had been running for quite some time so the log is extensive. If it happens again I will post again with the full log! Smile

- stoli - 2010-12-15

filigran Wrote:Um, silly question, but how do you make it NOT do that? Just curious. Smile I prefer that behaviour (that it goes to the last item selected and not a default one), and use it in my own skin, but I've never managed to get it not to do that.

It had to do with having two of the same fixedlist id's in the xml. Since there are two separate locations for the menu bar, mid-screen and bottom, I have two controls with different visibilities based on settings (mid or bottom). However, since they are in the same <include> it seems that only the second one would return to the same node. When I broke them out into separate <includes> all was good. Essentially, it confused the hell out of me for a few hours why one setting would work and the other wouldn't. Huh

Not sure if that helps, but that is what I found....

- filigran - 2010-12-15

stoli Wrote:It had to do with having two of the same fixedlist id's in the xml. Since there are two separate locations for the menu bar, mid-screen and bottom, I have two controls with different visibilities based on settings (mid or bottom). However, since they are in the same <include> it seems that only the second one would return to the same node. When I broke them out into separate <includes> all was good. Essentially, it confused the hell out of me for a few hours why one setting would work and the other wouldn't. Huh

Not sure if that helps, but that is what I found....

Yeah, i've had issues with using the same id's too (mostly scrollbars for plots with the same id's across different views, or views that share the same info include). Can be a pain to figure out why, since everything seems valid in the code. You learn something everyday. Smile

- jeepcook - 2010-12-16

Hi,

If I use Neon with tv streams (tvheadend), it doesn't display the current epg, only the thumnail. Night skin do that.

Is it possible to add this to your skin ?

Thanks !!

- stoli - 2010-12-16

jeepcook Wrote:Hi,

If I use Neon with tv streams (tvheadend), it doesn't display the current epg, only the thumnail. Night skin do that.

Is it possible to add this to your skin ?

Thanks !!

Since I don't use tvheadend I need a little more information to work with. Big Grin Can you provide a screenshot from Night and Neon showing the differences?

Thanks,