Kodi Community Forum
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: DVBViewer (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+---- Thread: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR (/showthread.php?tid=140645)

AW: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - haf-blade - 2012-10-24

Recording service is longer available than you would expect. As far as I know they never wanted to create remote timeshifting. It is only build for doing records. Thats all

[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - skeal - 2012-10-25

(2012-10-24, 21:57)shms Wrote: Any plans on making a version that will work with Openelec? would be fantastic![/php]

It does with the dev releases with frodo

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Portisch - 2012-10-25

(2012-10-23, 14:49)nkgx Wrote: When 0.1.6 will be available?

0.1.6 is already online.

Or just take Visual Studio 2010 Express and compile it for your self.
I just modified the source to load the favourites.xml from the server direct by myself.

But for sure I will not release it because it is property of A600!

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - shms - 2012-10-25

(2012-10-25, 05:43)skeal Wrote:
(2012-10-24, 21:57)shms Wrote: Any plans on making a version that will work with Openelec? would be fantastic![/php]

It does with the dev releases with frodo

but OE is eden?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Jönke - 2012-10-25

Here is some Frodo builds http://openelec.tv/forum/20-development-discussion/37953-openelec-30-frodo-general-issue-reports

(2012-10-25, 20:00)Jönke Wrote: Here is some Frodo builds http://openelec.tv/forum/20-development-discussion/37953-openelec-30-frodo-general-issue-reports

hopefully sometime soon a version compatible with openelec eden will be released?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - da-anda - 2012-10-25

I suppose it wont, because the API changed too much from Eden to Frodo and IMO it's not worth the effort, especially when there are Frodo builds of OpenElec available.

(2012-10-25, 22:05)da-anda Wrote: I suppose it wont, because the API changed too much from Eden to Frodo and IMO it's not worth the effort, especially when there are Frodo builds of OpenElec available.

hmm eden just got released

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Jönke - 2012-10-25

Just ? 24 March 2012 , along time ago....

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - da-anda - 2012-10-26

he's speaking of OpenElec Eden which just recently was released as stable.

@shms
XBMC Eden has officially NO PVR features, OpenElec guys simply merged the PVR development branch. And again - this addon is depending on the Frodo PVR API and is currently used with nightly builds by everyone else - so why not also use the OpenElec Frodo nightlies if you really want this PVR addon? See it like this - if he's porting it to the custom OpenElec-Eden-Thingy he has to maintain it as well, and in case you report bugs he always has to check if it's Eden specific or a general issue. This is wasted time he can't work on the addon to get it stable for Frodo release. So I can again only suggest to use Frodo builds of OpenElec if you really want this addon running in your home and give feedback/error reports based on this version.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - User 112425 - 2012-10-26

(2012-10-25, 11:44)Portisch Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 14:49)nkgx Wrote: When 0.1.6 will be available?

0.1.6 is already online.

Or just take Visual Studio 2010 Express and compile it for your self.
I just modified the source to load the favourites.xml from the server direct by myself.

But for sure I will not release it because it is property of A600!

I'm not a developer.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - shms - 2012-10-26

(2012-10-26, 02:26)da-anda Wrote: he's speaking of OpenElec Eden which just recently was released as stable.

@shms
XBMC Eden has officially NO PVR features, OpenElec guys simply merged the PVR development branch. And again - this addon is depending on the Frodo PVR API and is currently used with nightly builds by everyone else - so why not also use the OpenElec Frodo nightlies if you really want this PVR addon? See it like this - if he's porting it to the custom OpenElec-Eden-Thingy he has to maintain it as well, and in case you report bugs he always has to check if it's Eden specific or a general issue. This is wasted time he can't work on the addon to get it stable for Frodo release. So I can again only suggest to use Frodo builds of OpenElec if you really want this addon running in your home and give feedback/error reports based on this version.

you're absolutely right, i will do that! Just hopes the nightlies are stable Smile

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - wsnake - 2012-10-27

How to see russian name of channels (utf-8) ?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - A600 - 2012-10-28

New version.

Quote:0.1.7

[added] The Recording Service version 1.21 or higher is now required. Download the latest version from the DVBViewer members area and install it.
[added] Display a notification if the add-on can't connect to the Recording Service. Please, check that the RS is enabled and the IP, webinterface port, username and pass are correct.
[added] If the favourites.xml selector is empty, the favourites are loaded from the web interface.
[added] Don't fetch recording thumbnails at startup if there are more than 20 recordings.
[fixed] The add-on crashed if favourites.xml had entries with the old 32 bits ID.
[fixed] Channel names with ansi chars are converted to utf8 so they can be displayed properly (a reset of the PVR database may be required).
[fixed] Channel names with more than 25 chars.

First post updated with the downloads (Android and OS X builds added).

And be sure to update the Recording Service to the latest version. Otherwise, it won't work.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - mylle - 2012-10-28

First of all. Thanks for this great plugin Smile

I have it working on win32 but wanted to try it on my raspberry Pi. It all works up until i try to tune a channel. Then the screen goes black and nothing more happens Sad

Any idea what could be wrong?

Regards
Jacob