Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- HenryFord - 2011-03-21

mra6368 Wrote:Anyone else having adding show issuesHuh
No, not really - what exactly is not working? If Sickbeard fails to create a folder, try creating the folder for the show yourself and then check it into sickbeard. Dunno, maybe it is a permissions error?
Do you have any logentries?

- mra6368 - 2011-03-21

When I click in Sickbeard on Home tab, then add show. The two tabs come up to add new show and add existing show. When i click on the nothing happens. Nothing in sickbeard at all. Terminal remains still??

- HenryFord - 2011-03-21

That sounds more like a browser-problem. What Browser do you use?
Maybe you could just try to remove all "private data" of the browser (like website settings, cookies, and that stuff) - maybe it helps?

- Rannd - 2011-03-21

HenryFord Wrote:Retention?

One of the shows is less than 3 months old

Edit: I know what the issue is now.

Whoever uploads these doesn't upload it as the first season of "Police Women of Cincinnati". They are naming it season 5 because there have been 4 past seasons of "Police Women of ......". Which is really annoying. This is happening with Street Customs/Inside West Coast Customs, Apprentice / Celebrity Apprentice, American Chopper / American Chopper Junior vs Senior and other shows. (Which is the uploaders fault not checking TVDB.)

Is there a way in SickBeard to give a specific show a hint that it might be listed as another season number so it looks for the NZB file correctly?

- HenryFord - 2011-03-21

Rannd Wrote:Whoever uploads these doesn't upload it as the first season of "Police Women of Cincinnati". They are naming it season 5 because there have been 4 past seasons of "Police Women of ......". Which is really annoying. This is happening with Street Customs/Inside West Coast Customs, Apprentice / Celebrity Apprentice, American Chopper / American Chopper Junior vs Senior and other shows. (Which is the uploaders fault not checking TVDB.)

Is there a way in SickBeard to give a specific show a hint that it might be listed as another season number so it looks for the NZB file correctly?
I have a similiar problem: Family Guy. It is really annoying: The "scene" (which releases the tv-rips and such) decided that the "Road to..."-Episode of the current season should count as two episodes - supposedly because it is longer then usual and now they are releasing one episode-number ahead, because the TVDB (and any other episode-guide) states clearly that the "Road To..."-Ep. is still only one episode.
So Episode 12 is released as Ep. 13, Ep. 13 as Ep. 14, and so on. Sickbeard simply cannot handle this, I have to search and edit everything myself again. It is not that bad, editing one show of 40, but still it is annoying.

So...the answer to your question: No, not at this time. Sickbeard does not have an option for this...

- jbalicki10 - 2011-03-21

Is there a dummies guide for working with Sick Beard? I am really confused on how to set this all up...
Thanks!!!

- HenryFord - 2011-03-21

jbalicki10 Wrote:Is there a dummies guide for working with Sick Beard? I am really confused on how to set this all up...
Thanks!!!
Yeah, thanks for not reading the first post:
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/w/list

Was this really necessary? Everything you need is in the first post, or on the project's website, or via google.

- jbalicki10 - 2011-03-21

HenryFord Wrote:Yeah, thanks for not reading the first post:
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/w/list

Was this really necessary? Everything you need is in the first post, or on the project's website, or via google.

I did try the link before but my browser must have been cached with an old page. I now see files in that directory. It was empty before for me. I thought it was abandoned or something. Thanks for your help in pushing me to try the link again. It worked this time.

- Cuddly Cannibal - 2011-03-21

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for this incredible program! So far, I have it working for the most part, I have a few questions but my major issue is that I am getting an error in SABnzbd and wanted to know if anyone had a fix?

After downloading some files I get a line after the download in my history that, "Unpacking failed, CRC error". Does that mean there is an issue with the file itself or some other problem? Also, since I have these somewhat large files already downloaded is there anywhere I can repair them?

So far it seems like roughly 10% of my downloads fail because of these CRC errors, so I'm assuming it's an issue with the actual files.

Furthermore, I seem to be missing quite a few episodes in some shows that have been on for more than four seasons or so. Is there a certain quality that I should be looking for that helps ease the process of finding them? I use newshosting for my host and nzbmatrix and nzb.su for my search providers but I would be willing to change/add some more services if I could get noticeably better results.

Overall though I must say, while I am brand new to the idea of all of this Sick Beard makes it ridiculously easy to get into, that coupled with this great community makes me one happy guy so thanks for that!

- Rannd - 2011-03-21

HenryFord Wrote:I have a similiar problem: Family Guy. It is really annoying: The "scene" (which releases the tv-rips and such) decided that the "Road to..."-Episode of the current season should count as two episodes - supposedly because it is longer then usual and now they are releasing one episode-number ahead, because the TVDB (and any other episode-guide) states clearly that the "Road To..."-Ep. is still only one episode.
So Episode 12 is released as Ep. 13, Ep. 13 as Ep. 14, and so on. Sickbeard simply cannot handle this, I have to search and edit everything myself again. It is not that bad, editing one show of 40, but still it is annoying.

So...the answer to your question: No, not at this time. Sickbeard does not have an option for this...

But for my shows... it ignores the shows completely. I'd like to see a option added where it'll search for the title of the episode instead of looking for the season/episode number.

(Not complaining really, just recommending it because it'll always be a issue. I donated money so I guess I have a right to recommend new features Big Grin )

- HenryFord - 2011-03-21

Rannd Wrote:But for my shows... it ignores the shows completely. I'd like to see a option added where it'll search for the title of the episode instead of looking for the season/episode number.
Yeah, but you see that it is technically the same problem: It gets released wrong.

Quote:(Not complaining really, just recommending it because it'll always be a issue. I donated money so I guess I have a right to recommend new features Big Grin )
Do as you like Wink But for feature-requests you are wrong... post it in the issue-tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/list

In that place you get way more aknowledgement and also it will move the discussion wether or not this should be an option to the developers.

Edit:
Quote:After downloading some files I get a line after the download in my history that, "Unpacking failed, CRC error". Does that mean there is an issue with the file itself or some other problem? Also, since I have these somewhat large files already downloaded is there anywhere I can repair them?
That is an error in the downloaded file itself. It is very probable that this is due to your provider's retention. If the file is out of retention at your provider, it won't download okay.
In the regular case you also have some repair files shipped with the nzb - but it doesn't work all the time, especially if the file is out of retention and you don't have a large chunk of the file already.

Quote:So far it seems like roughly 10% of my downloads fail because of these CRC errors, so I'm assuming it's an issue with the actual files.
Then it is quite definite: It is a retention problem. Which Provider? Make sure to check the retention and make sure sickbeard is actually configured to this retention.

Quote:Furthermore, I seem to be missing quite a few episodes in some shows that have been on for more than four seasons or so. Is there a certain quality that I should be looking for that helps ease the process of finding them? I use newshosting for my host and nzbmatrix and nzb.su for my search providers but I would be willing to change/add some more services if I could get noticeably better results.
This is more like a usenet-related problem: Because the files/releases are very old, they are most likely out of retention. It depends on the nzb-site how high the retention is and how long nzbs get stored (due to the retention). For older stuff it is probably the best way to use either torrents or one-click-hosters, because in a lot of cases you will find the missing files there (although: Torrents are often very unpopulated for old releases - so maybe no luck there either)

Quote:Overall though I must say, while I am brand new to the idea of all of this Sick Beard makes it ridiculously easy to get into, that coupled with this great community makes me one happy guy so thanks for that!
I also can recommend "CouchPotato" for you, it is a good addition for movies. Search it in the forums and be happier Wink

- Cuddly Cannibal - 2011-03-21

Thanks for the suggestion about CouchPotato, but I've got that up and running as well! Now I just need Audio-Matic to be released and I'll have just about everything I could ever want.

- mra6368 - 2011-03-22

I use Firefox. I have just deleted all cookies, but no luck

- thezoggy - 2011-03-22

mra6368 Wrote:I use Firefox. I have just deleted all cookies, but no luck

since sickbeard is a webapp.. clear your cache.

- mra6368 - 2011-03-22

Where do I clear the cache in Firefox?