Kodi Community Forum
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS (/showthread.php?tid=128279)

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - joethefox - 2012-07-10

@dracula, thank you!!! No, no need to remove the app to clear the cache: in the device settings, under xbmcRemote, there are some system options and the "Clear cache on next restart" switch. Once enabled, close the app (even from background) and then restart the app. If the cache is too big, sometimes you need to start the app twice (I'm working on it).

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - joethefox - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-08, 20:30)rhinoTV Wrote: joethefox, the app crashes for me every time when I click on Movies. Other remote apps don't have any problem accessing my movie library. I don't have very many movies in there currently, and I'm not using MySql on a server. I have just sent you a PM with the pastebin link to the crash log. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!

And thanks to the great help by rhinoTV with his debug sessions, now the issue seems solved. After that the 1.1.3 release will be published by apple, a new 1.1.4 will be submitted with this kind of crashes solved. (the issue was movies without title).

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - dracula - 2012-07-10

Ah cheers, I sometimes entirely forget about the settings panel. Clearing the cache made the correct image appear.

Now still noticing some glitches with picture slideshows, but can't reproduce them on demand yet.

I'll follow this thread and the development, keep up the great work Smile

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - joethefox - 2012-07-11

Version 1.1.3 has been released with these changes:
- improved performance on retrieving large number of movies and tv shows
- added xbmc virtual keyboard support in the remote control view
- added server power management: Wake on Lan, Power Off, Hibernate, Suspend and Reboot
- added watched flag on tv shows and tv show seasons list

and a new 1.1.4 version has been submitted to apple with this change log:
- playlist: support for show "artist albums" and "album tracks" for the current music playing item (long press item action)
- movies section: recently added movies section
- server power management menu: buttons for scans the audio and video sources for new library items
- now playing: button for set the repeat mode of the player
- now playing: button for shuffle/unshuffle items in the player
- now playing: progress bar active

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - icedtrip - 2012-07-12

@joethefox - great job! I'm loving this app! It is now my primary remote for XBMC. A couple of requests/ideas:

I see that you already commented on lokly's post about having the app pause the video/music/etc when a call comes in. The "Rowmote" app does this when you answer the phone and I love it. If I choose to ignore the call, it never pauses anything, but if I choose to answer the call, my video is paused. I just wanted to second this request.

Another feature that I love about the Rowmote app is it's ability to turn the screen off when you place the phone face down using the proximity sensor. This is an option in the Rowmote app that you can enable/disable as a personal preference, but very handy. It allows me to keep the phone on at all times without draining the battery by just sitting it face down on the couch/table/etc right next to me.

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - joethefox - 2012-07-12

@icedtrip, thank you! \m/

(2012-07-12, 15:57)icedtrip Wrote: I see that you already commented on lokly's post about having the app pause the video/music/etc when a call comes in. The "Rowmote" app does this when you answer the phone and I love it. If I choose to ignore the call, it never pauses anything, but if I choose to answer the call, my video is paused. I just wanted to second this request.
what I intended to do!

(2012-07-12, 15:57)icedtrip Wrote: Another feature that I love about the Rowmote app is it's ability to turn the screen off when you place the phone face down using the proximity sensor. This is an option in the Rowmote app that you can enable/disable as a personal preference, but very handy. It allows me to keep the phone on at all times without draining the battery by just sitting it face down on the couch/table/etc right next to me.
pretty nice feature, I will look into the feasibility. But, just for curiosity, the device auto standby isn't enough?

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - kricker - 2012-07-12

(2012-07-12, 17:28)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-07-12, 15:57)icedtrip Wrote: Another feature that I love about the Rowmote app is it's ability to turn the screen off when you place the phone face down using the proximity sensor. This is an option in the Rowmote app that you can enable/disable as a personal preference, but very handy. It allows me to keep the phone on at all times without draining the battery by just sitting it face down on the couch/table/etc right next to me.
pretty nice feature, I will look into the feasibility. But, just for curiosity, the device auto standby isn't enough?
Someone may have the default standby set rather high to prevent it from going off when reading things. Flip is instant. Those minutes of idle time add up quickly.

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - icedtrip - 2012-07-12

(2012-07-12, 17:28)joethefox Wrote: @icedtrip, thank you! \m/

(2012-07-12, 15:57)icedtrip Wrote: I see that you already commented on lokly's post about having the app pause the video/music/etc when a call comes in. The "Rowmote" app does this when you answer the phone and I love it. If I choose to ignore the call, it never pauses anything, but if I choose to answer the call, my video is paused. I just wanted to second this request.
what I intended to do!

(2012-07-12, 18:01)kricker Wrote:
(2012-07-12, 17:28)joethefox Wrote:
Someone may have the default standby set rather high to prevent it from going off when reading things. Flip is instant. Those minutes of idle time add up quickly.

Basically what kricker said. I have my phone to never go into standby (I'm assuming you mean the auto-lock feature that has 1-5 mins and never in the settings on an iPhone). I use the manual lock button instead, but I also have a passcode setup on my phone. So, the method of sliding to unlock, key in passcode, then hit pause, etc on the remote vs. flip phone over and hit pause would be a nice added feature for me.

yeah, now I perfectly understand the advantages of your idea. I will look into the feasibility.

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - craiger - 2012-07-12

I just downloaded this app... And I haven't read through all posts here, so I don't know if this have been mentioned before....

First of, this is a very good app !

There is one thing I want to be added though.... The ability to just see "Unwatched" media or "Watched", you know like in the real XBMC... Cause right now it's really annoying having to scroll through all series to find the right ones.... I know that you can search, but I prefer scrolling, and seeing as I have 173 TV-series, scrolling isn't really an option Tongue The app already know if the media has been watched or not, so shouldn't be too hard...... Don't think so at least. It would be really nice if this could be done, and then this app would complete for me....

Hi craiger, thank you and yes a filter to show only watched/unwatched movies/tv shows is already in my TODO list!

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - live4ever - 2012-07-13

The "virtual keyboard" doesn't seem to work for me (OpenELEC 11.0 Eden). For example:

During video playback:
"P" doesn't play-pause
"I" doesn't bring up info
"M" doesn't bring up menu

In movie library:
"W" doesn't mark watched/unwatched
"Shift+letter" doesn't jump to that in list

I can type letters into the search window but it's pretty laggy.

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - joethefox - 2012-07-13

uhm, app keyboard is linked to the xbmc virtual keyboard to perform searches, isn't a full keyboard. We must make it a full keyboard? let's see what I can do.

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - live4ever - 2012-07-13

A full keyboard would be nice, but mostly in the library lists - for this stuff:

In movie/tv library:
"W" mark watched/unwatched
"Shift+letter" jump to that in list

An "ideal" virtual keyboard (for me) would somehow copy over and parse keyboard.xml (in userdata) for any of the user's customizations and behave just like a regular keyboard. Maybe with something like Files.Download and then an iOS xml parser it could be possible?

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - kricker - 2012-07-13

(2012-07-13, 07:58)live4ever Wrote: The "virtual keyboard" doesn't seem to work for me (OpenELEC 11.0 Eden). For example:

During video playback:
"P" doesn't play-pause
"I" doesn't bring up info
"M" doesn't bring up menu
On the remote screen, there is a play/pause button a menu button and an info button. Why not use those?