Kodi Community Forum
[LIVE] HOW-TO install XBMC Live on Acer Aspire Revo - The Complete Guide for Newbies - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [LIVE] HOW-TO install XBMC Live on Acer Aspire Revo - The Complete Guide for Newbies (/showthread.php?tid=53888)

- ltnthacker - 2009-12-19

"To get the Revo's WiFi (I have the R3600) working here's what I did:..."

Do you think this will work for a wireless-N usb Adapter on a Revo 1600?

TIA

- Qooop - 2009-12-19

Qooop Wrote:I installed the PRC 1 today and was sad to see the major stuttering back in full force. Not sure if I did anything wrong but it is really messed up.

As above, after I installed the Release Candidate 1 I started having judder really bad on HD videos. I found this solution over at the help forum.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=461700&postcount=14

It seems to work good except I have had a couple of strange crashes since I did it. Not worth messing about with it I guess till final release. I am not really testing and submitting bugs as I really no nothing about Linux and only imitate the work of others but I do try to disseminate the fixes to others of low knowledge like myself.

- edbro - 2009-12-19

How would I change this if I was using analog output to my receiver?
Quote:pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}
}

PCM 48 - very low Audio on .avi files. Good Audio on .VOB - jmagilto - 2009-12-21

Hi,
First - thanks everyone for this fantastic thread. I used the info here to build an XBMC Media Center out of a REVO 1600. I used the pre-built ISO from the link in this thread.

I am having a problem though that has me stuck.

I am using the REVO with HDMI into a Sony STD-DH700.
When I watch a dvd rip in the form of a VOB things are fine. If I play an .AVI file, the sound is very low and I get a PCM 48 message on the screen of the Receiver.

I've seen posts with similar problems - and I have played around with different device names in the XBMC System settings - but no joy. If I turn the AMP all the way up you can just start to make out the sound - so something is getting through.

XBMC nav sounds work fine. Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
jer

- schneidz - 2009-12-21

cliffwells Wrote:Any idea of what particular card they support? And how did you confirm that the port isn't simply completely non-functional?

i got an email back from zotac saying that you had to buy their specific card...

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/cant-get-wifi-card-to-work-738127/?highlight=zotac

- rchapoteau - 2009-12-21

I might try picking up one today at J&R since I'll be in the area. Has anyone had any experience with it connected through VGA running at 1080i? I have an older HDTV that has VGA on it, but doesn't do 1080p.

Thank you.

- jmagilto - 2009-12-21

More info.
alsamixer shows iec958 with no bars. I cannot adjust it up.
If I turn off digital DTS support in xbmc settings, movies and .avi's play with greatly reduced sound with the PCM 48 message on the receiver.

I tried a breakout device to move the audio out of HDMI and into S/PDIF and the sound was the same - making me more and more certain my issue is within the revo..

isnt anyone else having this problem? I have done tons of searches here and on avsforums but to no avail.

jmagilto Wrote:Hi,
First - thanks everyone for this fantastic thread. I used the info here to build an XBMC Media Center out of a REVO 1600. I used the pre-built ISO from the link in this thread.

I am having a problem though that has me stuck.

I am using the REVO with HDMI into a Sony STD-DH700.
When I watch a dvd rip in the form of a VOB things are fine. If I play an .AVI file, the sound is very low and I get a PCM 48 message on the screen of the Receiver.

I've seen posts with similar problems - and I have played around with different device names in the XBMC System settings - but no joy. If I turn the AMP all the way up you can just start to make out the sound - so something is getting through.

XBMC nav sounds work fine. Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
jer

I am an Idiot - Solution to no Decoded Sound on REVO - jmagilto - 2009-12-21

Hello all,
Well, I did some work on the REVO, including updating the asla drivers from 1.0.18rc to 1.0.21. Along the way I learned some things - that I will recount here to potentially help others and to - hopefully - perform the beginning of penance for exposing my ignorance of the 'volume' button on the MCE remote out here on the internets. Shocked

1st - (an I apologize if any of this is pedantic) - It appears that there are two type of audio streaming over hdmi cables - Raw digital and decoded digital. Raw digital relies on the downstream device to do the decoding and send everything to the right analog device (read speaker), decoded comes into the downstream device already decoded pre-destined for a route to become analog based on very simple circuity in the downstread device.

2nd - there is a volume control on the MCE remote. This controls the volume for the output that is decoded by the Media Center. Eek

Once again - I would like to thank everyone who made this thread possible and enabled me - someone who until today did not really believe he was actually an idiot - to bring this thing into existence.

XMBC ROCKS! Smile

- rchapoteau - 2009-12-22

Picked 1 up at J&R and installed Live via USB. That was VERY easy and works good so far. I haven't hooked it up to my TV yet. Just going through VGA.

The one thing I noticed is that there is no script installer that updates like the normal install has. Whats the best practice to copy scripts, and the instaler in?

- TheDean - 2009-12-22

I am having stuttering once every second or so. It'll stick for a mili-second, but almost like a second hand ticking. Anything I can do?

I have upgraded to 2GB RAM, set up VPADU, set 512MB manual buffer etc.

- dippin - 2009-12-22

TheDean Wrote:I am having stuttering once every second or so. It'll stick for a mili-second, but almost like a second hand ticking. Anything I can do?

I have upgraded to 2GB RAM, set up VPADU, set 512MB manual buffer etc.

I have the same issue and I believe it has to do with RC1 as beta 1 and 2 work fine for me. Anybody using RC1 on a revo 1600?

- TheDean - 2009-12-22

dippin Wrote:I have the same issue and I believe it has to do with RC1 as beta 1 and 2 work fine for me. Anybody using RC1 on a revo 1600?

I guess that is a good sign, but not when it's in an RC! Is there anything we can do to help the dev's iron this out? Any log files you guys need or anything? Are we even posting in the right place Blush

- Qooop - 2009-12-22

dippin Wrote:I have the same issue and I believe it has to do with RC1 as beta 1 and 2 work fine for me. Anybody using RC1 on a revo 1600?

My previous post #242 has a link to a fix for VDPAU in RC1.

Oh, well. Here it is.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=461700&postcount=14

- Galactus - 2009-12-22

Upgraded from XBOX to the Revo and everything is great except the following problem: My receiver only sends sound to Zone 2 when connected from analog sources. I'm running the sound via HDMI to the receiver just fine. Is there any way to get the headphone jack working simultaneously?

- rchapoteau - 2009-12-22

After playing with settings for a day I have it playing MOST 1080p videos just fine with the 256mb 1 Gig setting, but some of them don't play all that good. I'm going to go pick up another 1 gig stick at microcenter and see if that helps.

One issue I'm having is I can't get 1080p output from the system. My projector supports 1080p, but this only seems to be outputting 1080i. I don't see a 1080p/60 or 1080p/24 setting on XBMC. Am I missing something, or is this it?