Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: [WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=64587)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- ZERO <ibis> - 2011-04-20

Just got the update, I am looking forward to playing around with the new options but for now it is time for bed Wink

- bambi73 - 2011-04-21

Let me know results Smile

- ZERO <ibis> - 2011-04-22

So far the new options are really nice. Unfortunately I still can not get studios for some shows but I know that is on anidb's end.

The support for actors is really cool and my excitement over it has lead to yet another feature request lol.

Is there any way that when we run the scan for new content the scrapper can also update any "missing" data for example if that show has no actors yet scrapped it will get them. The reason I say this is now that this feature is added I want to have actors for all my shows but re-scrapping over 370 series is not exactly the best idea. I just wanted to know if there was a faster and or more convenient way to be able to fill in the blanks so to speak.

I also had a question about the prequel look up. How do we get the results for this? Does it require some special skin support? Also does the inverse work in that we can see links to the second season? I am just a bit confused about it as I have yet to find a way to see if it even works or actually use it. If a skin edit is required I will make one for back row once I know what needs to be changed.

- bambi73 - 2011-04-24

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:So far the new options are really nice. Unfortunately I still can not get studios for some shows but I know that is on anidb's end.
You should check anime-list.xml, more details in my response to pathw. Bit lazy today to write it again Wink

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:The support for actors is really cool and my excitement over it has lead to yet another feature request lol.

Is there any way that when we run the scan for new content the scrapper can also update any "missing" data for example if that show has no actors yet scrapped it will get them. The reason I say this is now that this feature is added I want to have actors for all my shows but re-scrapping over 370 series is not exactly the best idea. I just wanted to know if there was a faster and or more convenient way to be able to fill in the blanks so to speak.
Unfortunatelly there is no such shortcut, at least i don't know about any. XBMC has no way to know that something changed and scraper has no way to tell it too.
Anyway wait a bit with rescraping, i'm now waiting for Omina on AniDB.net to add seiyuu picture link to http api, so there will be small change to scraper as soon as it's available.

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:I also had a question about the prequel look up. How do we get the results for this? Does it require some special skin support? Also does the inverse work in that we can see links to the second season? I am just a bit confused about it as I have yet to find a way to see if it even works or actually use it. If a skin edit is required I will make one for back row once I know what needs to be changed.

I think you misunderstood meaning of "Prequel lookup", XBMC has no support for prequels or something like. Prequels are used only to lookup correct show on TheTVDB.org. Again more details in my first "release notes" one year ago, it's part 3/. Please note that some features described in this link are no longer part of scraper, next link is more "actual" one Smile
And when i'm in posting links to old posts you can check this one too, it contains info about major overhaul when i introduced anime-list.xml and it contains some informations about it Smile

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-04-24

bambi73 Wrote:Anyway wait a bit with rescraping, i'm now waiting for Omina on AniDB.net to add seiyuu picture link to http api, so there will be small change to scraper as soon as it's available.

Awesome, I will hold out for that then! That is going to save so much time b/c I seriously was going to look up every pic myself when I saw they did not auto download. Cool

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-05-05

Be sure to post up when the above is supported so I can go crazy and get all my content redatabased.

- Xeijin - 2011-05-05

a quick question, most of my anime is currently named in the usual manner in which fan subs name episodes will this addon 'just work' with my files named like that?

Also is downloading the latest version in xbmc from the add ons repo all I need to do or is there some manual configuration to be done as well?

Thanks in advance

- salival - 2011-05-05

@Xeijin:
You need to add a so called regular expression to your advancedsettings.xml as per the wiki. Because of the regular anime naming conventions it is hard for XBMC to extract the correct information. There is a advancedsettings.xml in this thread but you will generally have more succes with renaming your files.

One way you can do this is via the java applet on anidb.net.

This has also been discussed earlier in this thread (p10,11 and p19-23), so you might want to take a look at those pages.

Hope this helps.

- Korath - 2011-05-05

Hey Guys. Only just stumbled across this! 90% of my 'tv shows' are Anime and I was starting to get very annoyed with how some media managers were scraping them from TVDB.

Just wondering if someone could save me 25 pages and quickly answer a question - Is the starting post still the scraper to use? I know people have down their own tweaks but whats the recommended standard one? Everything in my collection is named \Show\Season\01x01 - <Episode Name> - <Quality>.mkv so don't need anything too extreme regex wise (and will be using the anidb aplet in future... Why oh why didn't I know about that before manually doing 119 shows!)

edit: Ignore that, I'm an idiot and its in the XBMC repo Big Grin Will have a play tonight.

Would like to get it into an external media manager but haven't found one that makes it easy to do so. The next release of Media Companion (overdue) is promising to use XBMC scrapers so may have to wait for that.

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-05-05

No you should just use the one that installs via the addon system from your xbmc install. This way it will auto update to support new features.

Also are you saying there is an automated way to rename the files via xbmc formatting?!

I manually remained over 200 series when I setup xbmc a year ago. I follow about 20+ currently aring series at a time and manually rename every episode by copy and pasting the previous name and changing the ep number. Are you saying there is an automated way to preform all of this?

- salival - 2011-05-05

@ZERO <ibis>:
Yes there are automated ways to do this. AniDB has a java applet on their site to do this (you might need to sign up if you don't already have an aniDB account).

You just drag and drop the files you want to rename on it and press start. The applet checks the file hash and uses that to rename the file. You can use either their default naming scheme, which seem to work for xbmc with the right regexp in advancedsettings.xml, or you can create your own naming scheme in the advanced settings of the applet. On page 21 is the script I use.

One thing to note though is if one of your files is damaged it will not be recognized by the applet. This is because a damaged file creates another hash than the original. Also, if the file hasn't been added to anidb yet it will not be renamed. If that occurs you can wait a little or add the file to anidb yourself. Most files are added to anidb relatively quick, but it can occur that you have to wait several days before someone else adds it.

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-05

I successfully rename all my anime via Anidb client even used the script for the client on page 21 it doesn't seem to work for me. It adds the anime to my TV shows but the upon clicking on the series in library mode they're always blank. Am I doing something wrong? Too bad the anime plugin from Mediaportal can't get ported. It works :/

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-06

I apologize for bumping. But how are you guys getting your collections working? I use the client on my anidb account to rename my anime which works wonderfully but XBMC scrapping via the anidb scrapper just doesn't seem to work for me. It puts the anime in my TV shows library but the shows are always blank Sad

- salival - 2011-05-06

You also need to add the bit of code beneath the script on page 21 to your advancedsettings.xml. This will tell XBMC what pattern to look for. The advancedsettings.xml can be found in you usersettings folder (location: windows, Mac and Linux) or you might need to create one if there isn't one already.

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-06

salival Wrote:You also need to add the bit of code beneath the script on page 21 to your advancedsettings.xml. This will tell XBMC what pattern to look for. The advancedsettings.xml can be found in you usersettings folder (location: windows, Mac and Linux) or you might need to create one if there isn't one already.

Thanks! It picked up some of my series correctly. Appreciate the help!