Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread (/showthread.php?tid=137540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Martijn - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 02:27)thrak76 Wrote: Good stuff!

I love the larger logos, and the removal of the slide animation - it does look much better without it.

If i didn't have 800+ artists in the music library I'd definitely use that landscape view there as well. Perhaps when viewing genres....

Too bad i have 7000+ artists Undecided

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 02:44)Martijn Wrote:

I love the larger logos, and the removal of the slide animation - it does look much better without it.

If i didn't have 800+ artists in the music library I'd definitely use that landscape view there as well. Perhaps when viewing genres....

Yeah, some of these viewtypes are just great, but unusable with large libraries.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Kokonutcreme - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 02:47)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 02:44)Martijn Wrote:

Yeah, some of these viewtypes are just great, but unusable with large libraries.

Yeah I use the landscape view only for selected movie playlists like iMDB Top 250 instead of my entire library and then constantly check artwork for those movies without logos until they're available. The default XBMC logo doesn't look particularly nice and even worse if it's enlarged in this new mod.

However with Phil's latest work any missing logo won't look so bad now.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Shinu - 2012-08-14

how exactly do i edit the floorflags for the landscape view? with the recent changes, i'm having a hard time figuring it out. i want it to look like this....

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - JohnVee - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-12, 20:14)phil65 Wrote: i pushed something for you guys Wink
you now get the floor labels if no logo is present + bigger logos + no slide animation anymore (looks better i think) + tagline at top
because i moved the logo out of item/focusedlayout it is now also possible to apply the workaround for sets i explained some time ago.
have fun.
btw i could also add this view for music artists now that i have made those changes.

Just updated git to have a look at the changes in the single logo mod, and it looks excellent...Great job guys! Nod

Another thing I noticed is that navigation is smooth as silk now. Before, "on three different machines", navigating within the logo view always seemed to have problems getting stuck on some movie/logo before advancing to the next one. Sometimes taking up to 5 - 6 seconds. Has anybody else noticed this? I don't know what you did to fix that Phil, but thanks a lot! It's very fluid now. However, If I switch back to the multi logo view, it's as it was before with the stuttering navigation. Any chance to incorporate the changes made with single logo view, with multi logo view?

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work guys.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - phil65 - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-15, 04:41)JohnVee Wrote:
you now get the floor labels if no logo is present + bigger logos + no slide animation anymore (looks better i think) + tagline at top
because i moved the logo out of item/focusedlayout it is now also possible to apply the workaround for sets i explained some time ago.
have fun.
btw i could also add this view for music artists now that i have made those changes.

Just updated git to have a look at the changes in the single logo mod, and it looks excellent...Great job guys! Nod

Another thing I noticed is that navigation is smooth as silk now. Before, "on three different machines", navigating within the logo view always seemed to have problems getting stuck on some movie/logo before advancing to the next one. Sometimes taking up to 5 - 6 seconds. Has anybody else noticed this? I don't know what you did to fix that Phil, but thanks a lot! It's very fluid now. However, If I switch back to the multi logo view, it's as it was before with the stuttering navigation. Any chance to incorporate the changes made with single logo view, with multi logo view?

no, not possible. i moved the logo out of the container, can´t do that for the others. also don´t really believe that it affects performance.
hang-ups are probably caused by hard disks which have to spin up.
... i could only imagine that all the clean-up would improve performance a bit.
most changes I am makin atm are not really visible, only streamlining the skins inner workings (approx 15 mb textures less and 1 mb xml size less compared to nox 3.5 atm. that´s the size of complete confluence skin Wink )

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - JohnVee - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-15, 04:44)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 04:41)JohnVee Wrote:
have fun.

no, not possible. i moved the logo out of the container, can´t do that for the others. also don´t really believe that it affects performance.
hang-ups are probably caused by hard disks which have to spin up.
... i could only imagine that all the clean-up would improve performance a bit.
most changes I am makin atm are not really visible, only streamlining the skins inner workings (approx 15 mb textures less and 1 mb xml size less compared to nox 3.5 atm. that´s the size of complete confluence skin Wink )

Well, that's why you're the man Cool

"hang-ups are probably caused by hard disks which have to spin up."

Butchabay told me the same thing when I asked him about this in his Fusion mod skin. However, I've tested this view out many times today after suspending the system, and not once have I seen a single stutter Smile...Like you said, all the clean-up probably helped out a lot. I have a rather large movie library, so that might have had something to do with it. Again, thanks a lot Phil!

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Kalliban - 2012-08-15

Is there a mod that let's me nail the home page menu? I don't want the menu to scroll sideways when I move the cursor, I want the cursor to move instead. Also; is there a mod that let's me rearrange the items on the home page menu (not the custom ones)?

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - phil65 - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-15, 10:47)Kalliban Wrote: Is there a mod that let's me nail the home page menu? I don't want the menu to scroll sideways when I move the cursor, I want the cursor to move instead. Also; is there a mod that let's me rearrange the items on the home page menu (not the custom ones)?

moving the cursor looks awkward combined with submenu.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Lmhotep - 2012-08-15

Hello,
I love the aeon nox skin but there is one thing i would like to change. The album cover with cdart (spinning cd) in fullscreen view is to big to my mind. So i would like to change / resize the cover just like it is in the night skin. Does anybody know where i can set these changes?

Thx for ur help!

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-16

Landscape logo in Nox 3/3.5 has changed quite a bit Big Grin Between the skinners and the community some great changes have been added.

Made the leap to single logo:

The floorlogos have changed:

Most recently, tagline was moved to the top and the slide animation for the main logo was removed as well as the logo being enlarged:

Spent a few days with it and I have to say it's pretty sweet. I still think it can be pushed further though and have a few lingering ideas. I've split them into general changes and personal mods:

General:

Lower the floor gradient as it obscures too much of the fanart. (edit: been addressed here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137478&page=26)
Lower the logo by around 50%. That may not work now though with addition of the text for missing logos.
Change the tagline gradient, it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the view.

Personal:

Change the ratings flag to the larger MPAA. Can't find the code and it's irritating me because I cant find it.
Change the tagline font, again can't find the code because its been reworked and my codal ineptitude (?) is holding me back.
Remove floor relection in movies, don't think it adds anything and takes away from the one-sheet look.

The above is a wish-list but realistically achievable. As always it's a case of do the mods and if they're good enough they'll be added. Again, as always I need some assistance from the more skilled of you out there. Defluo, I'd love the help if you can spare it. Phil, a few pointers would be appreciated.

Awesome work so far guys Cool

For those of you that haven't seen it, here is a mockup I made a week or so ago. It will be interesting to see how close we can get the working version to match. Although it looks like we're almost there already.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - defluo - 2012-08-16

I'm at work. When I get home I'll show you what I have and we'll see what we can do

(2012-08-16, 16:53)defluo Wrote: I'm at work. When I get home I'll show you what I have and we'll see what we can do

Thanks bro. Am beavering away trying to get a few things done as we speak. Look forward to hearing from you later. Big Grin

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-08-16

You crack me up Deano!

"beavering away" and "codal ineptitude" Smile

The main thing I'd like to see from your ideas is the gradient change on the tagline. The other ideas you have are good as well, but don't have as much of a visual impact for me.

(2012-08-16, 18:32)thrak76 Wrote: You crack me up Deano!

"beavering away" and "codal ineptitude" Smile

The main thing I'd like to see from your ideas is the gradient change on the tagline. The other ideas you have are good as well, but don't have as much of a visual impact for me.

What can I say, I have a way with words Big Grin

I've tested out a lower floor gradient already today, it is an improvement. I do agree with you that aside from the tagline gradient, the other changes are a luxury not a necessity.