Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: [MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack (/showthread.php?tid=54207)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- SlaveUnit - 2009-07-22

Cmon one more commit for the night. HAHAH
damn i lose..looking forward to tomorrow then.

- Swifty - 2009-07-22

SlaveUnit Wrote:1) Already been requested
2) Already an option.

Lol, that'll teach me for not reading all 25 pages of the thread! Laugh

Maybe I'm being dumb.. but where is the option to disable the favourites button?
I've had a snoop around under skin settings bit can't find anything Confused

- buges - 2009-07-22

It's in System - Skin Settings - Main Menu

- azido - 2009-07-22

Aenima99x Wrote:What view are you guys using for Movies?

info wrap with fanart enabled.

and the horizontal menu was one of my main reasons to switch to your mod, so i only use this.

- xanadu1979 - 2009-07-22

I'm having a small issue. Let me know if you need more info.

Choosing "Mark as Watched" from the context menu in the TV Library isn't working. It doesn't seem to do anything. It works if I do it on an individual episode, but if I do it on a season or the whole series, it doesn't seem to be working.

I can try to get a log file and everything together tonight if needed.

a small request - azido - 2009-07-22

regarding the music - artist selection screen (info view):

could you change that instead of displaying the fanart thumb when selecting an artist

it will display the artist picture instead? (the one you get when opening the info screen there)

(but still having the fanart in background) ?

that would be nice.
i tried changing the picture on the context menu for an artist, but it still uses the fanart thumb in that screen, it only changes images for the info screen.

- Swifty - 2009-07-22

buges Wrote:It's in System - Skin Settings - Main Menu

Hmm.. maybe I need to update the skin or something (although I only downloaded it about 2 days ago..)
That's where I'd been looking, and I just double checked and I see nothing that lets me disable the favourites button Eek

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-22

xanadu1979 Wrote:I'm having a small issue. Let me know if you need more info.

Choosing "Mark as Watched" from the context menu in the TV Library isn't working. It doesn't seem to do anything. It works if I do it on an individual episode, but if I do it on a season or the whole series, it doesn't seem to be working.

I can try to get a log file and everything together tonight if needed.

That sounds more like an XBMC issue, not a problem with the skin.

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-22

Swifty Wrote:Hmm.. maybe I need to update the skin or something (although I only downloaded it about 2 days ago..)
That's where I'd been looking, and I just double checked and I see nothing that lets me disable the favourites button Eek

You must have an out of date version, I completely removed the button from the screen and made it a menu option. Just go to the github link in the first post and download the latest one.

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-22

azido Wrote:regarding the music - artist selection screen (info view):

could you change that instead of displaying the fanart thumb when selecting an artist

it will display the artist picture instead? (the one you get when opening the info screen there)

(but still having the fanart in background) ?

that would be nice.
i tried changing the picture on the context menu for an artist, but it still uses the fanart thumb in that screen, it only changes images for the info screen.

That's already an option that Jezz has put in there. Move to the the left menu, Misc Options, then uncheck the "Small Fanart" radio button.

- azido - 2009-07-22

Aenima99x Wrote:That's already an option that Jezz has put in there. Move to the the left menu, Misc Options, then uncheck the "Small Fanart" radio button.

~laughs~ i never went there on the music lib level Wink

thanks for pointing me there.

next question: where is the german translation for this mod stored in? i've checked the language dir, but there is no german.

i like to change the word "ALBUM-INFORMATIONEN" to "ALBUMINFO" so it does no longer disturb the album info view.

- SlaveUnit - 2009-07-22

Aenima99x...any thoughts on that message I sent you regarding the replacement of the ac3 flag with the normal Dolby Digital one (since they are the same thing). Or should we ask the jury for opinions?

Edit: well I just ask anyways Smile

What would people using this mod rather see?
When you have a 6 channel (usually 5.1) movie, right now it will show the Dolby Digital logo and the number of channels picture (5.1). Dolby Digital is ac3, whether its 1 channel or 50. When you have any other ac3 source (other than 6 channles) it will show the ac3 letters and the number of channels. The number of channels will always be there. But I propose that we take out the ac3 lettes and always replace it with the Dolby Digital logo since they are the same thing no matter how many channels there are.

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-22

azido Wrote:next question: where is the german translation for this mod stored in? i've checked the language dir, but there is no german.

i like to change the word "ALBUM-INFORMATIONEN" to "ALBUMINFO" so it does no longer disturb the album info view.

There's not one. If you want to provide it, I'll pop it in there. Big Grin

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-22

SlaveUnit Wrote:Aenima99x...any thoughts on that message I sent you regarding the replacement of the ac3 flag with the normal Dolby Digital one (since they are the same thing). Or should we ask the jury for opinions?

Edit: well I just ask anyways Smile

What would people using this mod rather see?
When you have a 6 channel (usually 5.1) movie, right now it will show the Dolby Digital logo and the number of channels picture (5.1). Dolby Digital is ac3, whether its 1 channel or 50. When you have any other ac3 source (other than 6 channles) it will show the ac3 letters and the number of channels. The number of channels will always be there. But I propose that we take out the ac3 lettes and always replace it with the Dolby Digital logo since they are the same thing no matter how many channels there are.

It doesn't matter to me really, whatever the masses want haha

Just FYI, here's what Wikipedia says about AC-3/Dolby Digital

Quote:This codec has several aliases, which are different names for the same codec:

* Dolby Digital (promotional name, not accepted by the ATSC)
* DD (an abbreviation of above, often combined with channel count: DD 5.1)
* Dolby Surround AC-3 Digital (second promotional name, as seen on early film releases and on home audio equipment until about 1995/1996)
* Dolby Stereo Digital (first promotional name, as seen on early releases, also seen on True Lies LaserDisc)
* Dolby SR-Digital (when the recording incorporates a Dolby SR-format recording for compatibility)
* SR-D (an abbreviation of above)
* Audio Coding 3 (relates to the bitstream format of Dolby Digital)
* AC-3 (an abbreviation of above)
* Audio Codec 3, Advanced Codec 3, Acoustic Coder 3 (These are backronyms. However, Adaptive Transform Acoustic Coding 3, or ATRAC3, is a separate format developed by Sony)
* ATSC A/52 (name of the standard, current version is A/52 Rev. B)

- azido - 2009-07-22

Aenima99x Wrote:There's not one. If you want to provide it, I'll pop it in there. Big Grin

i wonder where "ALBUM-INFORMATIONEN" comes from, then.. it's not in the main xbmc language file either.

anyway, this means copying over english strings.xml and translate everything in there to german will do the job? i'm doing this then.

now for something completely different..

i have a huge library of original dvds. for adding those to xbmc, i use dummy files representing them for adding infos to xbmc.

now, native media flagging is a great improvement on xbmc, but rather useless for dummy files. i wonder if skin creators and/or modders would take care for those of us who handle with those dummies (in my situation we are talking about 1000+ movies). basically, my idea would be to add filename-based media flagging, so in example

my.dummy.movie.dvd.ac3.5-1.16-9.avi would display the images for DVD, AC3, 5.1 sound and 16:9 aspect ratio. or bring back the "studio hack" invented in aeon auriga and maybe use it instead of native flagging when applicable. i dunno if it works that way, but maybe conditions could be my friend: if there is nothing to flag from file, use studio tag instead.

any chance this could be added to your mod?