Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread (/showthread.php?tid=137540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - defluo - 2012-08-16

OK here's what I have. It's basically the same as the last screenshots I showed. I used phils textures from his mod for the tagline and the flags and I'm pretty happy with it. I may do some extra work on TV shows as I don't think the episode count works at the top

Now, you aren't happy with the gradient at the top, question becomes what do you think will work without the possibility of the tagline being washed out by the fanart?

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-17

Finally finished work!! Big Grin

I guess the only way to find out what works is to try. Was thinking of using homemenu_gradient from Nox-media-home? It needs to be flipped, but could work nicely. Have already lowered the floor gradient which looks great. Tried working on the MPAA flags but got them showing for movies and tv. Need to backtrack to work out how I did it before, so the the tv ratings are unchanged.

Note to self: Trying to decipher code with a migrain is not advisable! Confused

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Kokonutcreme - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-16, 21:18)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 18:32)thrak76 Wrote: You crack me up Deano!

"beavering away" and "codal ineptitude" Smile

The main thing I'd like to see from your ideas is the gradient change on the tagline. The other ideas you have are good as well, but don't have as much of a visual impact for me.

I do agree with you that aside from the tagline gradient, the other changes are a luxury not a necessity.

The only caveat I'd make to changes to the positioning of the logo is to keep in mind that not all logos are created equal, compared to the screenshots chosen. There are some movie logos that are aligned more vertically than horizontally eg. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - defluo - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 05:41)Deano316 Wrote: Finally finished work!! Big Grin

I guess the only way to find out what works is to try. Was thinking of using homemenu_gradient from Nox-media-home? It needs to be flipped, but could work nicely. Have already lowered the floor gradient which looks great. Tried working on the MPAA flags but got them showing for movies and tv. Need to backtrack to work out how I did it before, so the the tv ratings are unchanged.

Think we already tried that and I don't think it worked too well

includes_mediaflags.xml from line 69-82
Code:
<control type="image">
                  <visible>[Control.IsVisible(503) + [Skin.HasSetting(landscapeonelogo) | Skin.HasSetting(landscapelogo)] + Container.Content(movies)]</visible>
                    <description>Rating Flags</description>
                    <posx>1665</posx>
                    <posy>1007</posy>
                     <width>185</width>
                <height>50</height>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-45" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(550)">Conditional</animation>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-2205" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-1320" reversible="true" condition="Control.isVisible(503) + [Skin.HasSetting(landscapeonelogo) | Skin.HasSetting(landscapelogo)] + Container.Content(movies)">Conditional</animation>
                    <texture fallback="flags/rating/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png">$VAR[RatingFlagVar,flags/rating/info/,.png]</texture>
                    <colordiffuse>white</colordiffuse>
                    <visible>!Control.IsVisible(512) + Skin.HasTheme(Lite_Floor)</visible>
                </control>
                 <control type="image">
                  <visible>[[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)] + !IsEmpty(ListItem.TVShowTitle)]</visible>
                    <posx>1705</posx>
                    <posy>987</posy>
                     <width>135</width>
                <height>88</height>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-45" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(550)">Conditional</animation>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-2205" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-1320" reversible="true" condition="Control.isVisible(503) + [Skin.HasSetting(landscapeonelogo) | Skin.HasSetting(landscapelogo)] + Container.Content(movies)">Conditional</animation>
                    <texture fallback="flags/rating/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png">$VAR[RatingFlagVar,flags/rating/,.png]</texture>
                    <visible>!Control.IsVisible(512) + !Skin.HasTheme(Lite_Floor) </visible>
                </control>

(2012-08-17, 08:11)defluo Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 05:41)Deano316 Wrote: Finally finished work!! Big Grin

Think we already tried that and I don't think it worked too well

includes_mediaflags.xml from line 69-82
Code:
<control type="image">
                  <visible>[Control.IsVisible(503) + [Skin.HasSetting(landscapeonelogo) | Skin.HasSetting(landscapelogo)] + Container.Content(movies)]</visible>
                    <posx>1665</posx>
                    <posy>1007</posy>
                     <width>185</width>
                <height>50</height>
                    <texture fallback="flags/rating/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png">$VAR[RatingFlagVar,flags/rating/info/,.png]</texture>
                    <colordiffuse>white</colordiffuse>
                    <visible>!Control.IsVisible(512) + Skin.HasTheme(Lite_Floor)</visible>
                </control>
                 <control type="image">
                  <visible>[[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)] + !IsEmpty(ListItem.TVShowTitle)]</visible>
                    <posx>1705</posx>
                    <posy>987</posy>
                     <width>135</width>
                <height>88</height>
                    <texture fallback="flags/rating/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png">$VAR[RatingFlagVar,flags/rating/,.png]</texture>
                    <visible>!Control.IsVisible(512) + !Skin.HasTheme(Lite_Floor) </visible>
                </control>

Floor gradient: Done
Tagline gradient: have a temporary gradient in place.

The line numbers have shifted a bit in the latest GIT, can't seem to get the code you posted to work ATM. Is it possible you could check for me later on?

Will do

(2012-08-17, 14:53)defluo Wrote: Will do

Nice one Wink

Note to all, as of the latest update if you remove the tooltip the trailer will no longer function in kiosk mode. To rectify, simply go into Includes_MediaMenu.xml find the tooltip section and remove the texture.pngs (and only the texture.pngs) that relate the tooltip. By doing this everything will still work, but the tooltip will be hidden. Smile

Also, the MPAA flags are the last thing on my list, once I have those rectified later tonight I'll post some pics and some code for all to try Big Grin

56-65

(2012-08-17, 20:15)defluo Wrote: 56-65

Excellent Big Grin

(2012-08-17, 20:15)defluo Wrote: 56-65

Hmmm. Tv show rating works fine but movie rating is blank. Did I miss something? Huh

try 79-88. Apologies

(2012-08-17, 21:46)defluo Wrote: try 79-88. Apologies

The standard ratings flags are now displayed in movies, and no rating is displayed at episode level in tv shows. Confused

Well here's where I am at the moment. No .xmls tonight as work is calling and I'm not quite done yet. This is a working version and not a mockup:

Still need to change the ratings flag and make a new gradient the one I'm currently using is not quite good enough. Will work on it some more when I finish work in a few hours. Thanks for all the help so far defluo and phil. My brain has finally woken up it would seem, made a bunch of progress today Wink

My original numbers were correct, not sure why yours isn't working. It works for me

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - realcopacetic - 2012-08-18

How does it look when there is no tagline for a movie? Quite a few don't have official taglines at least...

Also, an unfortunate consequence of this view (which is awesome) is that you realise how hard it is to find decent high-res fanart for A LOT of films!!