Kodi Community Forum
WIP hybrid - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Hybrid (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=177)
+----- Thread: WIP hybrid (/showthread.php?tid=143788)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: hybrid - rcrh - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-17, 20:45)Mudislander Wrote: Big Grin Have you not noticed the default on all the toggle settings, on a new install it's exactly how I have my system set up. I don't have to change a thing.

I'll have to pay better attention the next time you invite me 'round for beers & a movie.

Seriously though, thanks for all of your effort into this great skin.

RE: hybrid - miappa - 2013-01-17

Hey!

I´ll keep on throwing ideas at you, just tell me if it´s enough... or stupid. Wink

What about a setting for Home Media Panel: enable/disable hide watched episodes/movies for recent items?
Just like the playlist script.

If I am correct it hides it now, but only after a restart?

RE: hybrid - Mudislander - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-15, 16:54)amwebby Wrote: One of the things I use a lot is the "Now Playing" screen when playing music yet I can't find it anywhere in this skin except for by pressing "N" whilst in fullscreen view?

Added in as a menu or submenu option, so you can stick it onto the menu if you use it. (git version or next dev update)
Will probably add a button to the OSD menu, need to fix a couple of things first.

RE: hybrid - Mudislander - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-17, 22:22)miappa Wrote: Hey!

I´ll keep on throwing ideas at you, just tell me if it´s enough... or stupid. Wink

What about a setting for Home Media Panel: enable/disable hide watched episodes/movies for recent items?

I've no problems with suggested ideas, gets me thinking in a different direction. Some ideas I dissmiss then a few days later think - actually that's not a bad idea Smile

The recent media panels run off the plugin "Skin widgets" auto installed by the skin under Enabled Addons --> Services --> Skin Widgets. You can configure only to show unplayed items there & how often to get the list

RE: hybrid - schlum - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-16, 17:46)Mudislander Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 16:35)schlum Wrote: Many thanks for the answer. Tried it, but still unable to figure out how to do it. Here are the steps I am following from installing the skin:

1. go to System, Skin settings, background.
2. Select Videos.
3. select Multi Image.
4. select Livecases.jpg

then, I get the default posters mentioned earlier in the background image of my Videos section.
After that, I can go and change any setting in the "skin widget" enabled under my addons, does not pick-up any poster from the movies of my Library..

Do I make a mistake in the first 4 steps, or is there something else to trigger / some folder to point at in a setting menu, that I am missing ??

Thanks again for your help.

cheers.

Hi

Okay I can see your mistake. The liveCases background is a "global" background not an individual background. so to get it working you have to set use Global background and then for Global Backgrounds use LiveCases as in screenie below. You can only then change backgrounds for Video, Music & Picture browsers not home screen, but you'll get it Smile

many thanks, got it. it's a pity that this cannot be the background for movies only, and then, the other beautiful classic backgrounds of the Eden skin for the rest of the skin (music, programs etc)...

cheers mate.

RE: hybrid - miappa - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-18, 18:23)Mudislander Wrote:
(2013-01-17, 22:22)miappa Wrote: Hey!

I've no problems with suggested ideas, gets me thinking in a different direction. Some ideas I dissmiss then a few days later think - actually that's not a bad idea Smile

The recent media panels run off the plugin "Skin widgets" auto installed by the skin under Enabled Addons --> Services --> Skin Widgets. You can configure only to show unplayed items there & how often to get the list

Ah, perfect, thanks a lot.
Just some info, I learned about skin widget another way, it made the Pi stutter on HD videos every 60 seconds so I disabled it.
Checked the log and saw a JSON request every 60 seconds and figured that it must be it.
I will install it again and try different settings though.

If you want I´ll keep you updated.

Edit:
I´ll keep you updated anyway in case you see any other Pi user have this problem.

Skin widget settings:

Disable recommended settings

Recent items
Enable Update each time you enter the home screen

Random items:
Update method - > After database update (or 60 minutes which would cause a top every 60 minutes)

RE: hybrid - schumi2004 - 2013-01-19

@Mudislander

I installed your skin again and noticed the horizontal menu still has purple color submenus, in vertical mode the color is in-line with theme color.
Can you have a look at this?

RE: hybrid - Mudislander - 2013-01-19

Sure I'll look - The themes do need a bit of work. I'm missing wilson.joe - hint hint

RE: hybrid - Mudislander - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-19, 12:05)schumi2004 Wrote: @Mudislander

I installed your skin again and noticed the horizontal menu still has purple color submenus, in vertical mode the color is in-line with theme color.
Can you have a look at this?

I'm either going daft, or I've fixed this on my system Big Grin - Which theme is giving problems ?

RE: hybrid - savkin_k - 2013-01-23

Hello Gentlemen!

I was out of the comunity since a long time, but i was watching the progress.
Mudislander, you are doing a great job.

I am still on confluence lite skin with eden on my home HTPC, but using now frodo rc3 with hybrid skin, from dev repo on my travel laptop.

If you allow, here bellow are some bugreports, comments and ideas.

1. Noticed small issue with list view, when posters are switched off (wide mode) - the widh of the text does not match window width, much shorter. Is it on purpose? I use this view under quite a specific scenario - to watch iptv via plugin. It provides all the info about channel, timing and program name in one row, so it comes out long. one extra request, will you like the idea to place a very tiny posters right in frnt of each row when in this wide list mode, in my scenario it will show tv channels logos.

2. Widgets for recently added - I have strange behaviour, sorting looks to be vertical. It means the most recent will be in first column first row, the next movie will appear under, in second row but first column, then 3rd movie will appear on second column first row and so on. Again, is it on purpose or resulted in after testing of scrolling options.
On my taste scrolling is not necessary - i have a link to recently added in sub menu so can easily access the full list, if with scrolling - i would prefer horizontal direction. For both movies and TV shows.

3. Discovered fantastic feature of accessing Suggested items in right menu by pressing down when submenu is focused. It works for native movies, TV shows, music sections but not for Playlists. Is there a reason or not applied yet?

4. Not sure if not reported already, but "Now Playing" info is not show on home screen when movie or video stream plays, all the widgets are moved right but no poster, no names are visible.

5. Widgets captions. I suggested this for lite confluence mod right before it was dropped so probably was forgotten. Would be better to name playlist widgets using same layout of native movie and TVshows widgets with template "Recent" + [Playlist main menu item name]. I think it will look absolutelly ok. Since most of users will give clear names to the menu items and it will work for all the languages.

6. Some eyecandy missing, like tvshows thumbs are not centered on the widget, especially not nice when focused thumb on the left side is zoomed in, it almost overlaps widget border.

Thats it for the moment, will keep following the thread and maintaining Rus translation.
Regards to everybody.

RE: hybrid - Mudislander - 2013-01-23

@savkin_k Welcome back. right now no chance ATM to go through your list properly as hours at work for next 2 weeks are higher than hours at home Sad As soon as I get a chance I will go through your suggestions & get back to you

RE: hybrid - thebearnecessit - 2013-01-24

great skin, really great work.

can anyone tell me how to get a bunch of addon icons on my home screen?

RE: hybrid - miappa - 2013-01-25

@thebearnecessit
1. Skin settings - Home Screen - Home media panel type
Set which label on home menu you want to have the addons on home panel.

2. Then go to Skin settings - Add-on - Home panel addons
and add the addons you want to have on the home panel

RE: hybrid - G500 - 2013-01-29

Hi Mudislander

Don’t know if you can help with this one but hear goes as I am pulling my hair out lol I have installed OpenELEC-Ultra.x86_64-2.99.2 on my Xtreamer ultra 2 and I have got your skin installed I then path my film folder over the network to my windows 7 computer were I keep my films then when I go back to view my films in thumbnail view I see all the thumbnail I have put in for each folder for each film so far so good but here is where the problem starts I now got myself a new NAS drive it’s a Dodo N http://www.drobo.co.uk/products/professionals/drobo-5n/index.php
So I move all my films from my PC over to my new shinny Drodo then re-path the film folder to my drobo then when back in to view thumbnail all I get is plan folder and no thumbnail of the art work inside the folder any ideas I have looked all over the net but cart find out why hope you can help
Glen
UK

PS keep up the good work m8

hybrid in fullscreen - looie144 - 2013-01-29

First off, kudos on a great skin--as a long time (and still) fan of T!, I'm happy to have another skin with such a high degree of customization.

Here's my issue/question. I've set up hybrid with a Menu Item on the Home Menu called "Instant Music" which automatically plays a music playlist saved as a favorite. Hitting Instant Music on my home menu successfully begins playing the playlist. When I press and hold play/pause (apple remote) the screen goes to fullscreen and plays the Project M visualization--all good.

What I'd like to see is ONLY the visualization without the CD case, without the Next Tracks crawler, without the song title and time bar and without the global clock.

Is there some way to accomplish this? I'm using ATV1 with prerelease Crystalbuntu 2. Thanks.