Kodi Community Forum
TvOS Kodi Build - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: TvOS Kodi Build (/showthread.php?tid=312805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - kambala - 2019-04-13

maybe let's make PRs into another branch like ATV-PR, and @sy6sy2 will afterwards sync ATV with master and add PRs there? I think this way would save contributors from merging kodi's upstream. (if I understand the process correctly)

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - phunkyfish - 2019-04-13

We need to do something. We have a few use cases:
  1. A branch that contains the tool/depends changes that can be used for an upstream PR.
  2. A way to submit PRs where history is not rewritten, such as ATV-PR.
  3. A way to prepare for the next upstream PR, rebasing, testing against latest kodi changes such as ATV.
Assuming the tools/depends changes are stable, ATV and ATV-PR could be branched off this branch. Thoughts?

2 & 3 - exactly my thoughts.

but isn't 1 & 3 basically the same? not clear why you want to keep depends and other changes in separate branches. (maybe I just don't know best practices in kodi's repo management)

Because the PR for tools/depends needs to be only for that topic and not contain core fixes. Also, the PR should stay open which means the branch not changing constantly and being relatively stable.

(2019-04-13, 18:28)phunkyfish Wrote: Also, the PR should stay open which means the branch not changing constantly and being relatively stable.
I see now, thanks for the explanation.

Then probably it makes sense to name branches ATV-Depends, ATV-Core, ATV-BinAddons etc and keep ATV branch for testing merged changes.

Yes, something along those lines. But the more branches the more work there is for @sy6sy2

my progress: Siri remote working, kodi itself seems to work as well (at least I was able to add a folder through zeroconf and browse it), but playing video doesn't work (picture not showing, although player interface appears and time ticks for one of my .avi videos, others just show the loading spinner). Error in log is
Quote:OutputPicture - failed to configure renderer

Now trying to make sound work, will create a PR soon.

edit: sound code compiles, but doesn't seem to work Sad

Sounds like you’re making great progress. I wonder will a CEC remote work (I assume it will if the Siri remote works). That was the main reason I got the Apple TV 4K. Just use the TV remote.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - sy6sy2 - 2019-04-13

Thank you phunkyfish for the PR about MT support for dependencies.
Good to read that you are able to correctly start Kodi Kambala!

Concerning the git stuffs, I am agree that we have to found a solution.
If I understand correctly I am agree with your plan phunkyfish.
Let me try to explain your plan in order to see if I understand correctly.

We need to have 3 branches:

1. ATV-depends
This branch only contains modification about configure.ac/Makefiles/Toolchain but without any Objective-C/C++ modification.
I create a PR to upstream/master from this branch and I keep it up to date with upstream/master using "fetch + rebase + push --force".

2. ATV
This branch is the existing one.
This is the branch that contributors fork in order to work.
Contributors do PR on this branch concerning Apple TV stuff.
On my side, I do not rebase upstream/master on it and I do not apply push --force neither.

3. ATV-core
This branch only contains modification about Objective-C/C++ modification.
This branch will be used to create a PR to upstream/master in the future when the support for Apple TV will works.
I keep this branch up to date with upstream/master using "fetch + rebase + push --force".
Also, I can cherry-pick the contributors commits from the ATV branch in order to apply Apple TV stuff changes on it.

Did I understand right?

Thank you for your patience ...!

created PR https://github.com/SylvainCecchetto/xbmc/pull/15. If remote doesn't work after pulling, add file system/keymaps/customcontroller.SiriRemote.xml manually from src to build dir.

just thought that UI sounds might not play not because audio is misconfigured but rather sound files aren't added to the bundle, needs checking.

would be great if someone could test iOS build, as I made changes to iOS audio sink as well (should compile fine, but better to check).

(2019-04-13, 21:59)sy6sy2 Wrote: Thank you phunkyfish for the PR about MT support for dependencies.
Good to read that you are able to correctly start Kodi Kambala!

Concerning the git stuffs, I am agree that we have to found a solution.
If I understand correctly I am agree with your plan phunkyfish.
Let me try to explain your plan in order to see if I understand correctly.

We need to have 3 branches:

1. ATV-depends
This branch only contains modification about configure.ac/Makefiles/Toolchain but without any Objective-C/C++ modification.
I create a PR to upstream/master from this branch and I keep it up to date with upstream/master using "fetch + rebase + push --force".

2. ATV
This branch is the existing one.
This is the branch that contributors fork in order to work.
Contributors do PR on this branch concerning Apple TV stuff.
On my side, I do not rebase upstream/master on it and I do not apply push --force neither.

3. ATV-core
This branch only contains modification about Objective-C/C++ modification.
This branch will be used to create a PR to upstream/master in the future when the support for Apple TV will works.
I keep this branch up to date with upstream/master using "fetch + rebase + push --force".
Also, I can cherry-pick the contributors commits from the ATV branch in order to apply Apple TV stuff changes on it.

Did I understand right?

Thank you for your patience ...!

Sounds perfect.

@kambala, I can test the iOS build once the PR is merged.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - sy6sy2 - 2019-04-13

Thank you for confirmation! I will do that tomorrow.

Merge done. Thank you.

I can also test iOS build if needed.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - phunkyfish - 2019-04-14

(2019-04-13, 22:42)sy6sy2 Wrote: Thank you for confirmation! I will do that tomorrow.

Merge done. Thank you.

I can also test iOS build if needed.

Could you also test iOS? My build failed but I think it might be my environment.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - phunkyfish - 2019-04-14

I’ve run the build a number of times and I get unsupported architecture and architecture not supported errors on iOS.

Also a number of ‘unknown type name __int32/64_t did you mean __int128_t?