Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- apanloco - 2009-10-09

I have downloaded 1.37 and I have configured it. I am using Transpareny 2.01 and latest SVN. But i'm not getting the new icon on the video OSD to search for subtitles. Have i missed something?

- apanloco - 2009-10-09

Edit: Yes, i missed that you had to enable the button in the Transparency! settings. Also you have to "show hidden files and folders" in order to browse to ~/.xbmc/scripts/.../default.py.

- estuardo - 2009-10-09

Hello,

I¡m having issues loading OpenSubtitles_OSD using both Repo installer and XBMC Zone installer. Everytime that I want to use them, XBMC exits with either an error 10 or error 11. I have an AppleTV and I'm using the latest SVN (23544).

I installed OpenSubtiltes_OSD manually via ftp and I activated the script so it can show a button on the controls. But every time I try to get a subtitle, I get the script error.

Judging by the text on the debug, it seems that it has problems locating one "special://*" file, but I don't know why it tries to get one file from a source that I've never heard before.

Anyway, here's the copy of my xbmc.log

http://pastebin.com/m1eb5b0dd

I hope that you can help me.

Thank you.

gb

- amet - 2009-10-09

estuardo Wrote:Hello,

I¡m having issues loading OpenSubtitles_OSD using both Repo installer and XBMC Zone installer. Everytime that I want to use them, XBMC exits with either an error 10 or error 11. I have an AppleTV and I'm using the latest SVN (23544).

I installed OpenSubtiltes_OSD manually via ftp and I activated the script so it can show a button on the controls. But every time I try to get a subtitle, I get the script error.

Judging by the text on the debug, it seems that it has problems locating one "special://*" file, but I don't know why it tries to get one file from a source that I've never heard before.

Anyway, here's the copy of my xbmc.log

http://pastebin.com/m1eb5b0dd

I hope that you can help me.

Thank you.

gb

Hi,

seems that you manually installed the script in "/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/scripts/".

you need to install it in "/users/frontrow/Application support/XBMC/scripts/ "

dont forget to set the new path in Transparency! skin settings -->Scripts-->subtitle script path

Let me know if you need more help

Zeljko

- estuardo - 2009-10-10

Amet Wrote:Hi,

seems that you manually installed the script in "/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/scripts/".

you need to install it in "/users/frontrow/Application support/XBMC/scripts/ "

dont forget to set the new path in Transparency! skin settings -->Scripts-->subtitle script path

Let me know if you need more help

Zeljko

Thank you for your answer.

When I go to /users/frontrow/Library/Application support/XBMC/scripts/ I have two options "Common Scripts" That now I discovered is a linked directory connected to /Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/scripts/

That was my mistake. I will install it on the root of scripts and will tell you how it goes.

Thank you again.

Edit: It is working now. Although when I try to download a second subtitle for a different program, XBMC freezes.

gb

- amet - 2009-10-10

estuardo Wrote:Edit: It is working now. Although when I try to download a second subtitle for a different program, XBMC freezes.

gb

please post the log if and when it freezes, is it always freezing when you download second sub?
I mainly run the script on ATV and have never experienced any problems apart from services being slow sometime, but there isn't anything we can do about it.

just a note that the script doesnt work with 2CD movies, unfortunately.

Zeljko

- fidoboy - 2009-10-10

I'm using latest release with MediaStream Redux Mod skin and the subtitles window shows with no background (only text floating) how can i solve it? do i need to copy any files elsewhere?

regards,

- amet - 2009-10-10

fidoboy Wrote:I'm using latest release with MediaStream Redux Mod skin and the subtitles window shows with no background (only text floating) how can i solve it? do i need to copy any files elsewhere?

regards,

remove media folder from OpenSubtitles_OSD/resources/skins/Default and run the script again.

Let me know if there is still a problem after that.

Zeljko

Cannot get skin to work - fotopeer - 2009-10-10

I'm trying to run the script on AppleTV, latest XBMC build, latest version Rapier. Skin installed via XBMC repo installer with no errors. Have tried rebooting and reinstalling.

When I try to get subtitles from a playing movie I get an error box "Error. Python script failed. Special : /home/scripts/opensubtitles_osd..." (what's up with that path?).

Also I cannot get to the script settings. When I press and hold "menu" on the script I only get "debug information" and "Add to favourites".

This is what the "debug information" menu-option shows :

- amet - 2009-10-10

fotopeer Wrote:I'm trying to run the script on AppleTV, latest XBMC build, latest version Rapier. Skin installed via XBMC repo installer with no errors. Have tried rebooting and reinstalling.

When I try to get subtitles from a playing movie I get an error box "Error. Python script failed. Special : /home/scripts/opensubtitles_osd..." (what's up with that path?).

Also I cannot get to the script settings. When I press and hold "menu" on the script I only get "debug information" and "Add to favourites".

This is what the "debug information" menu-option shows :

you are using "stable" XBMC v9.04.

First page instructions Smile

Regards
Zeljko

- fotopeer - 2009-10-10

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have now installed v1.28 of the script but the problem is the same. Well, except that xbmc now crashes after a few tries to access the subtitles from within a movie. Errorbox is the same - also the same outcome if I try to access script settings.

I can't installed SVN builds of XBMC in an easy way on AppleTV so I'd rather not go there :-)

Amet Wrote:you are using "stable" XBMC v9.04.

First page instructions Smile

Regards
Zeljko

- amet - 2009-10-10

fotopeer Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply!

I have now installed v1.28 of the script but the problem is the same. Well, except that xbmc now crashes after a few tries to access the subtitles from within a movie. Errorbox is the same - also the same outcome if I try to access script settings.

I can't help you more without the proper debug log. please read my signature to learn how. That is the only way for me to see what is wrong with the setup

fotopeer Wrote:I can't installed SVN builds of XBMC in an easy way on AppleTV so I'd rather not go there :-)

there is a very easy solution for SVN builds on ATV. Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=356398
Regards
Zeljko

- tikkiew - 2009-10-10

can't find a dutch subtitle.
I got a video Heroes S04E03.avi.I have as primary language Dutch and English as second.I couldn't find the dutch language on opensubtitle.org.However I could find subs on the site here

- amet - 2009-10-10

tikkiew Wrote:can't find a subtitle
I got a video Heroes S04E03.avi
I have as primary language Dutch and English as second
I couldn't find the dutch language on opensubtitle.org
However I could find subs on the site here

the Opensubtitle search is not performed via web interface(simpleXML), it is only done though XMLRPC, it checks for hash and name matches at the same time(not by movie ID)... unfortunately there is nothing I can do if script doesn't find it and web search does. Sad maybe it just needs time to sync the DB between the search services.

Zeljko

- tikkiew - 2009-10-10

Just know I can find the subtitle for Heroes S04E03.I did a search for heroes and found it.I already search for it yesterday.Or I didn't look good or it's just like you said I have to wait.

Same sort of thing with podnaspsi.net?It doesn't do the search of tv serie subtitles?