Kodi Community Forum
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: DVBViewer (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+---- Thread: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR (/showthread.php?tid=140645)

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - piipes - 2013-02-17

(2013-02-17, 13:39)Bjur Wrote: Hi a quick question. Now that DVBViewer 5 lets the recording service take control of all recordings, is there then a way to get timeshift working somehow?

http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/51712-xbmc-timeshift-support/

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - quickbluehorse - 2013-02-18

Hi there ...

I am using this excellent plug-in and it is working fine for me, so far, exept that I don´t see where the plugin grabs my favourites.xml

Setup is as follows. A server runs DVB Recording Server on the home network. Plugin is configured to use favourites.xml instead of channels.dat.

Even when I specifically select FAVS in the hidden CMUV directory, the channels are not what is expected.

First channel is NTV = 0 in the favs file. That coincides, exept for it ends up at position "1". So 0=1
So the first german TV channel gets "2" instead of "1". That is a minor glitch, really.

But more irritating:
On no. 6 in the favs I have ARTE TV, and this is completely not taken up in XBMC. ARTE is kicked out ... No love for culture lost here ...

Furthermore I miss some radio channels at the end of the favs channel.

Is there something I can do, to make XBMC read that file just as DVB Viewer and its clients do??

Anybody else had similar problems with the channel setup?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Waka - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-18, 00:56)quickbluehorse Wrote: Hi there ...

I am using this excellent plug-in and it is working fine for me, so far, exept that I don´t see where the plugin grabs my favourites.xml

Setup is as follows. A server runs DVB Recording Server on the home network. Plugin is configured to use favourites.xml instead of channels.dat.

Even when I specifically select FAVS in the hidden CMUV directory, the channels are not what is expected.

First channel is NTV = 0 in the favs file. That coincides, exept for it ends up at position "1". So 0=1
So the first german TV channel gets "2" instead of "1". That is a minor glitch, really.

But more irritating:
On no. 6 in the favs I have ARTE TV, and this is completely not taken up in XBMC. ARTE is kicked out ... No love for culture lost here ...

Furthermore I miss some radio channels at the end of the favs channel.

Is there something I can do, to make XBMC read that file just as DVB Viewer and its clients do??

Anybody else had similar problems with the channel setup?

Yes, I'm having the same problem with the same setup.

I seem to have managed to get the favourites.xml loaded at some point, but I've just updated it (edited channel names to try and match icons to make them work) and the changes aren't reflected in XBMC. I've even copied the favourites.xml to the XBMC directory and told the DVBViewer add-on where it is (just to try something different) but still no joy. Confused

I wonder if this is related to my problem of hitting 'e' to show epg for all the channels and half the channels (usually the HD ones) don't show?
I'm really struggling to get epg consistently working too Sad

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Portisch - 2013-02-22

Looks like the DVBViewer Recording Service should work with RTSP streaming since 1.24:
http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/19629-recording-service-beta/page__view__findpost__p__382930

Quote:Changes 1.24
• Fix: RTSP Streaming: Works now with XBMC.

With the parameter "rtsp=1" on the getchannelsxml.html request you can get the RTSP URL instead of the UPnP URL.

Also may "remote" timeshift is now possible by the recording service:
Quote:•Change: "timeradd.html" and "timeredit.html" API.
Several GET URL parameters have been added:◦eit=1
Enables the recording of the Actual EIT EPG Current/Next.
◦monitorpdc=1
Enables the PDC monitoring for EPG changes. A valid PDC must be exist/supplied.
◦pdc=[PDC]
A valid PDC value.
◦monforrec=[0,1, 2]
The monitor for recording value. 0 – None, 1 – VBI PDC, 2 – EIT Running Status. A valid PDC value must exists.

So SAT>IP should work now with XBMC. This should improve the channel switching time a lot!

@A600: may you can implement this in the PVR addon?

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - dhjgv - 2013-02-22

It would be good to use the icon handling too, as the manually set icons are not saved. After restarting XBMC, the Icon is gone. It is just ONE icon in my case, but maybe it can be fixed with the new API.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Moremax - 2013-02-22

Can someone explain the config of XBMC for using the new fixed feature RTSP? Do i need the DVBViewer plugin runnig or is it like the UPNP like befor but faster? Thx

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - omnium - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-22, 15:49)Moremax Wrote: ..is it like the UPNP like befor but faster?
yes, but _not_ faster.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Portisch - 2013-02-23

It realy doesn't look that the channel switching is getting faster Confused

I just have done it manually:
Go to webbrowser and enter:
Code:
http://<ip-dvbviewer-rs>:<webport>/api/getchannelsxml.html?rtsp=1

Now you will get a xml response with the rtsp server ip + port and the parameter for each channel.

Example ProSieben:
Code:
<rtspURL>rtsp://192.168.1.10:554/</rtspURL>
<channel name="ProSieben" ID="2359890960378250333" EPGID="562954320954461" nr="1202">
    <rtsp>?src=1&freq=12544&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=56&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=22000&mtype=qpsk&tnr=1,12544,22000,10600,1,0,3,4,512,511,97,17501,1,0,24,0,1107,1&pids=0,18,97,511,33,512,515,</rtsp>
</channel>

Save the content in a textfile with the ending .strm like ProSieben.strm:
Code:
rtsp://192.168.1.10:554/>?src=1&freq=12544&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=56&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=22000&mtype=qpsk&tnr=1,12544,22000,10600,1,0,3,4,512,511,97,17501,1,0,24,0,1107,1&pids=0,18,97,511,33,512,515,

Now it is possible to open this strm file with xbmc and watch the live stream.

So the switching time to another channel is releated to XBMC because the DVBViewer have like 1-2 seconds. XBMC do have ~5s. Sad

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Moremax - 2013-02-23

Oh, thats not a good news, i´d hope that it´s beeing faster by now. Well with the Plugin its works fine, but with same slow changing..., i like to give the Howto a chance, where the Viewer is integratet into XBMC and wait for the next Version or other idears for LiveTV in XBMC... thank a lot for your testing and reply. Regard Jay

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Portisch - 2013-02-24

I modfied now the latest source from A600 to use RTSP streaming instead of UPnP for the live streaming.

Also I found a bug about the favorites!
The original source was using a 32 bit id for the favorites channel but the new system of DVBViewer is 64 bit.
This is may the reason why some favorites channels where missing in XBMC.

This is corrected in this build but it is necessary to update your favorites.xml to 64 bit ids!!
The best way is to delete the favorites.xml of DVBViewer an make a new one!
Otherwise the favorites will not be found in the channel list.

I attached a modified version what is using the getchannelsxml.html option of the new Recording Service.
Only Win32 is here for testing. Also only video channels are right now supported.

The bad thing is that channel switching time didn't change much. I think there have to be somewhere else something optimized...
Somebody an idea?

XBMC_dvbviewer_win32.zip

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Moremax - 2013-02-24

Hi me again, do you habe EPG Data in UPnP mode?

AW: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - cuhu - 2013-02-25

Hi, upnp is nix epg

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - tvfreak - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-23, 15:04)Portisch Wrote: So the switching time to another channel is releated to XBMC because the DVBViewer have like 1-2 seconds. XBMC do have ~5s. Sad

For it's in XBMC also 1-2seconds. Koniguration ist Server2011 with HD and 2 USB-Box S2 (1 Terratec S7 with Sky-Card, 1 Protuner 7500S2), Lan with 1GB.
Two Clients 1 PulseBox (Fusion E350 1GB Lan an Raspberry Pi 100MB Lan), so Channel-Switching on PulseBox are 1-2-seconds, Raspberry 5-6sec.
So i think time for channel switching ist also related to Lan.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - Portisch - 2013-02-25

Is the RTSP Version decreasing the switching time? Or is it the same like UPnP?

@ the PVR developer (I don't know who is involved with this):
How is channel switching handled?

I got the information from DVBV that a handling like this:
Quote:describe -> setup -> play -> play other channel-> play other channel [...] -> teardown
should produce channel switching time like the original DVBViewer client.

RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - sveni_lee - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-25, 09:26)tvfreak Wrote:
(2013-02-23, 15:04)Portisch Wrote: So the switching time to another channel is releated to XBMC because the DVBViewer have like 1-2 seconds. XBMC do have ~5s. Sad

For it's in XBMC also 1-2seconds. Koniguration ist Server2011 with HD and 2 USB-Box S2 (1 Terratec S7 with Sky-Card, 1 Protuner 7500S2), Lan with 1GB.
Two Clients 1 PulseBox (Fusion E350 1GB Lan an Raspberry Pi 100MB Lan), so Channel-Switching on PulseBox are 1-2-seconds, Raspberry 5-6sec.
So i think time for channel switching ist also related to Lan.

I don't think so. I have my TV-card (DD S2) integrated in the HTPC. I' ve a A8-5500 Chip and 8GB RAM but I can't reach 1-2sec. I allways have at min. 5sec. Maybe you can post your settings... 1-2sec would be a dream...