Kodi Community Forum
Lenovo Q190 - Test results & 2 questions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Lenovo Q190 - Test results & 2 questions (/showthread.php?tid=157563)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - jinkyjim - 2013-10-11

Suspend works great but i wonder if a simerec would fit inside this ?

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - milli - 2013-10-12

Ordered 1017U Q190 after trying and returning their sandy bridge celeron model. Will post updates next week.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - milli - 2013-10-16

(2013-10-12, 02:34)milli Wrote: Ordered 1017U Q190 after trying and returning their sandy bridge celeron model. Will post updates next week.

Played briefly with it mainly testing the videos that had artifacts on SB celeron. They all played fine on this one. However there is one video which played fine on SB stutters on IB with dxva on or off. I guess there is no such thing as perfect HTPCSmile Will play more over the weekend and post any new updates. I used the driver version it came with and would update to the latest version to see if there is any improvements.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - CpTHOOK - 2013-10-17

@milli...

I agree with your findings... I had lots of vids with Macro issues on the C887 SB , that have dissappeared with the C1017. The C887 is still a great piece of kit, and I plan on keeping it, but XBMC runs so much better on the C1017.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - LOGIK3 - 2013-10-18

That strange, I have the C887 and XBMC run fine!

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - milli - 2013-10-18

(2013-10-18, 01:59)LOGIK3 Wrote: That strange, I have the C887 and XBMC run fine!

It is just that you don't have/watch those problem causing videos.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - mushoss - 2013-10-18

Csn these be upraded to an i3 if you ever wanted too.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - milli - 2013-10-18

(2013-10-16, 22:18)milli Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 02:34)milli Wrote: Ordered 1017U Q190 after trying and returning their sandy bridge celeron model. Will post updates next week.

Played briefly with it mainly testing the videos that had artifacts on SB celeron. They all played fine on this one. However there is one video which played fine on SB stutters on IB with dxva on or off. I guess there is no such thing as perfect HTPCSmile Will play more over the weekend and post any new updates. I used the driver version it came with and would update to the latest version to see if there is any improvements.

Apparently the new video stuttering is because of XBMC. It plays fine in vlc and even in XBMC if the audio is set to analog it works but with hdmi it stutters. Not sure why. Also installed the latest version of graphics driver but don't see any noticeable changes except it has a new fancy settings UI.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - LOGIK3 - 2013-10-18

(2013-10-18, 03:30)milli Wrote:

Apparently the new video stuttering is because of XBMC. It plays fine in vlc and even in XBMC if the audio is set to analog it works but with hdmi it stutters. Not sure why. Also installed the latest version of graphics driver but don't see any noticeable changes except it has a new fancy settings UI.

I have analog sound, its maybe why iam problem free!

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - acheron - 2013-10-19

Hi, guys.
I have read through entire thread and I am definitely planning on getting one of these. Though I still have couple of questions.

1) Can anyone confirm that the fan control (Relyter wrote about on the page 37 of this thread) works with openelec or xbmcbuntu?

2) Other thing I am interested in is the CEC support. Someone wrote here, that the CEC works with Q190. I guess I would need something like Pulse-eight CEC adapter to be able to use my TV remote. Or does the CEC work out of the box like raspberryPi does?

3) And the last thing - guess wifi is still (and is going to be forever? as I am really not going to plug another wifi card to it) a no-go under linux.

Thanks a lot for any information.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - sajuuk - 2013-10-19

Fan control works as described in Relyter post. With a bit of tweaking you can have a silent machine that won't overheat easily.

I think you need an adapter for CEC. I couldn't make it work out of the box like a rpi.

I didn't test the wifi, so I can't help you there.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - relyter - 2013-10-21

(2013-10-19, 19:00)acheron Wrote: Hi, guys.
I have read through entire thread and I am definitely planning on getting one of these. Though I still have couple of questions.

1) Can anyone confirm that the fan control (Relyter wrote about on the page 37 of this thread) works with openelec or xbmcbuntu?

2) Other thing I am interested in is the CEC support. Someone wrote here, that the CEC works with Q190. I guess I would need something like Pulse-eight CEC adapter to be able to use my TV remote. Or does the CEC work out of the box like raspberryPi does?

3) And the last thing - guess wifi is still (and is going to be forever? as I am really not going to plug another wifi card to it) a no-go under linux.

1. Fan control won't be working in openelec, since there's no fancontrol script for openelec. Well at least, there was no at that time i wrote that post on page 37. Also the how-to was written for sandybridge celeron model of Q190. Now it's replaced with Haswell models. It would be nice if someone would try fancontrol on newer hardware.
2. You need adapter for CEC.
3. It's look like now you can install RTL8188EE drivers in ubuntu. Is it the same wifi card in newer Q190 models?

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - acheron - 2013-10-22

(2013-10-21, 13:57)relyter Wrote:
(2013-10-19, 19:00)acheron Wrote: Hi, guys.

1. Fan control won't be working in openelec, since there's no fancontrol script for openelec. Well at least, there was no at that time i wrote that post on page 37. Also the how-to was written for sandybridge celeron model of Q190. Now it's replaced with Haswell models. It would be nice if someone would try fancontrol on newer hardware.
2. You need adapter for CEC.
3. It's look like now you can install RTL8188EE drivers in ubuntu. Is it the same wifi card in newer Q190 models?

Thanks a lot for the news!

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - milli - 2013-10-24

(2013-10-18, 03:30)milli Wrote:

Found out those videos are encoded in a-52 audio format. Anyways, so far everything else plays great and using an external player(powerdvd) it can play blu ray discs from external drive. Using xbmclauncher and windows sleep mode, brings xbmc up instantly with no issues every time. Not sure why anyone would want to use openelec/XBMCUbuntu(when you already paid for windows)/SSD on this one.

Highly recommend it.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - LOGIK3 - 2013-10-25

I have some problem since 2 weeks, when I power on my Q190 and run XBMC, screen flashing black one or 2 times when I watch some movie. The screen go black for 1 sec then come back to normal. Sound never stop so its like the video signal is lost for 1 sec. Do you have this problem? Maybe my HDMI cable?

(running windows 8 and XBMC, video driver are up to date acording to lenovo driver web site)