Kodi Community Forum
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. (/showthread.php?tid=136037)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - kemonine96 - 2012-09-30

(2012-09-30, 01:51)Bram77 Wrote: [edit]
I'm a professional developer with my own little company
[edit]
I just wish it wouldn't be so hard to get hardware decoding working on all those machines. The hardware people behind the products should understand how popular their products would become if they just gave XBMC unrestricted licenses and libraries Smile

Take a look at OpenMax IL. It should be present on most / all Android 4.x+ devices and a large number of 2.3 devices. This is the library that the rPi variant of XBMC is using for hardware decode. There is code in-tree under the rPi areas that sets up an omxplayer player type.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - davilla - 2012-09-30

The omxplayer in rpi is not suitable for android. OpenMax IL is very misunderstood on android. OpenMax IL is not really present but you 'can' make your own OpenMax IL layer using what's present. However, most devices don't follow any omx standards and there are numerous quirks that you have to take into account when creating such a OpenMax IL layer.

This is very non-trivial which is why you don't see it yet in XBMC android.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - kemonine96 - 2012-09-30

(2012-09-30, 02:28)davilla Wrote: The omxplayer in rpi is not suitable for android. OpenMax IL is very misunderstood on android. OpenMax IL is not really present but you 'can' make your own OpenMax IL layer using what's present. However, most devices don't follow any omx standards and there are numerous quirks that you have to take into account when creating such a OpenMax IL layer.

This is very non-trivial which is why you don't see it yet in XBMC android.

Does this mean you have to build up whatever the device has filling in gaps until you have the OpenMax IL layer which can be used in conjunction with a new android specific player?

Is there anything in 4.0+ that would provide enough of an interface for better hardware decode support?

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - onewhitedog - 2012-10-02

(2012-09-30, 01:36)kemonine96 Wrote:
(2012-09-30, 01:32)Bram77 Wrote: [edit]
but I want (NEED) to get on it asap myself!

If you have an android phone or tablet you can get on it today Smile.

Really! How do you do that?
I have an ASUS TF700 that has just jellybeaned itself. Do you have to do some sort of jailbreaking routine like you have to do with ATV2?

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - HenryFord - 2012-10-02

Just install the App...?

Re: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Bram77 - 2012-10-02

That's correct. There is no more to it then installing Smile

I have an ASUS TF300T running JB. Almost identical to your tablet.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - kemonine96 - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 23:39)onewhitedog Wrote: Really! How do you do that?
I have an ASUS TF700 that has just jellybeaned itself. Do you have to do some sort of jailbreaking routine like you have to do with ATV2?

(2012-10-02, 23:42)HenryFord Wrote: Just install the App...?

What HenryFord said: you only need to install the apk after enabling "Untrusted Sources" in the device settings.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - g1ng3r2k6 - 2012-10-03

Hi can someone please help me, i just got cyclone slim plus to run on android 4.0, and to install xbmc with naxi x add on,

I'm normaly quite good these but this has me stumped, the update wont take,
and no matter how i try i can not get navi x as a add on with xbmc

please please please can someone help me with dummy instructions, and links get downloads please i would be very grateful

thanks again shaun Smile

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Memphiz - 2012-10-03

Only smart people are allowed here. Sorry mate.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - g1ng3r2k6 - 2012-10-03

i can jailbreak root etc take things apart fix etc no problem, but this thing has me stumped i would be very grateful Smile

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Memphiz - 2012-10-03

we don't allow talking about navi-x and co here. go over to xbmchub.com. You would know that if you would have read the forum rules.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - migue828 - 2012-10-06

it works.
stable on xoom jb stock.wi-fi smb ok last .mp4 sc3n3 r3ls;p, played w no drops ,lookin great.
two vid addons dw and played to perfection.-xda tegra last build.
xbmc is on the thank you notes of my last 2 solo lp.next one will b 2
xbmc is a always basic life need.fun & culture portal;p.also a lesson in design ,deter .r level,an example in soft dev practices,an argument against $ driven techjunk .
now 2 tweak it broke!
plz xc my eng. also htpc osk in bed Smile.
thank you.
just read smart req.I know only that this smart is not in me. plz feel free to del/ban/mock me.also naxi add-on sounds scary,but free spch goes both ways,no?
srry, happy xbmc xoom works.3 sys online now.
thank you.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Ned Scott - 2012-10-06

migue828: I have no clue what you just said. I've re-read your post several times and can't make heads or tails out of it. Are you in danger? do you need help? did someone touch you?

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - pszab - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-06, 11:27)Ned Scott Wrote: migue828: I have no clue what you just said. I've re-read your post several times and can't make heads or tails out of it. Are you in danger? do you need help? did someone touch you?

I thought I was the only one who did not understand Big Grin

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - g1ng3r2k6 - 2012-10-06

lol migue is lost to the world lol

Anyone got cyclone nano slim + ? If so what android software are you running it on ? settings etc im curious please ?