Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Ace - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Ace 2 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=190)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Ace (/showthread.php?tid=159405)

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - deletedpenguin - 2013-04-24

Love the changes, though the EPG is still not much use to me, as you can't directly select/change channels without going into the "right click" menu.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - LeeG - 2013-04-24

(2013-04-09, 13:12)LeeG Wrote: The main issue is that DialogPVRguideinfo.xml is missing/broken. Hitting select/ok on a channel on the EPG normally pulls this dialog up alowing you to change channel or set a timer but as this is broken it does nothing.
Adding

Code:
<pvr>
        <showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
    </pvr>
to the advancedsettings.xml will bypass the broken xml and just change channel. Just a temporary fix tho as you still can't access that dialog to set a timer, but it works until MQ gets around to fixing it.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - hfmls - 2013-04-24

thank you very much for the info guys.
I'm using
<textcolor>$VAR[value_headercolor]</textcolor> Smile
good job.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - deletedpenguin - 2013-04-24

(2013-04-24, 00:28)LeeG Wrote:
(2013-04-09, 13:12)LeeG Wrote: The main issue is that DialogPVRguideinfo.xml is missing/broken. Hitting select/ok on a channel on the EPG normally pulls this dialog up alowing you to change channel or set a timer but as this is broken it does nothing.
Adding

Code:
<pvr>
        <showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
    </pvr>
to the advancedsettings.xml will bypass the broken xml and just change channel. Just a temporary fix tho as you still can't access that dialog to set a timer, but it works until MQ gets around to fixing it.

Thanks LeeG. I saw this, but for whatever reason it didn't seem to work for me. I should add a disclaimer though: I'm not all that proficient in customizing the XML files, so I probably screwed something up. Confused

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - Toricred - 2013-04-24

I'm trying to get the genre colors set up but they're not working for me. I wanted to make sure they go in the genres folder under media in the skin.ace folder. One possibility might be caused by Argus not passing the info even though I know it exists in Argus.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - denywinarto - 2013-04-24

Thanks for such an awesome skin..
I think home has the best media browser type
I noticed an issue though..

In the right list viewtype in movies, my mouse always scrolls down too fast.
Any quick fix for this?
It doesn't happen on other viewtype..

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - MarcosQui - 2013-04-24

(2013-04-23, 21:41)schumi2004 Wrote: Only thing missing now is EPG color information Wink

Edit:
Adding genre colors was easier then i thought. Just add this folder to media folder.

@Marcos
Noticed a bug in EPG timeline view.
- I think PVR Time (top screen) should fill complete screen in this view.

- And maybe redo space between different broadcasts (see black spaces between genre colors)
Note: I fixed this by editing ViewsLiveTV.xml line 110 and 154. Change those lines to
<texture border="3">genres/$INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreType)].png</texture>

- And you should add genre colors to Texture file Wink (or maybe rename folder as it's probably faulty)

- Also missing timer indicator when a broadcast is scheduled for recording.

Thank you very much for your help, really is no easy make something without see. I already made all changes and fixes. I need finish a new feature in Music Visualisation and after this I'll publish a new version for tests.

The skin already has a folder of genres, I just needed correct the names.

Re: [RELEASE] Ace - bry - 2013-04-24

Thank you marcos.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - Maniac - 2013-04-24

Awsome stuff regarding the EPG for LiveTV Smile Time to switch to this skin Smile

Great Work!

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - gosh - 2013-04-24

I hate to bring this up again Marcos, but the Now Playing section in videos is still all jacked up and missing a lot of art work and all the menu options. Any chance of getting time to take a look at this?

Again, not trying to be an ass and bring it up again. The issue has been brought a few times in this thread, but each post had bad timing and got swallowed up by other issues.

Keep up the great work! Yet another amazing MQ skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - MarcosQui - 2013-04-24

Show me a screen with the problem, please.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - denywinarto - 2013-04-25

@Marcos :
This is what i meant:

The rightlist view scrolls down too fast,
And when i scroll up it always goes down
i think it's too sensitive or something
Any idea why?

Sorry to ask again, but do you mind sharing uncompressed texture files Marcos?

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - scott967 - 2013-04-25

Need help to locate skin file.

I've been doing some local mods (though might be of interest to all, not a "bug" so I don't complain). What I want is for music video to have some of the info features of music. Right now for the most part they are treated like movies. The first step, which I was able to do, was to get the artist displayed when a musicvideo is playing in the full screen info and video osd. The next step, where I am stopped, is getting it to display the artist in the bottom panel when I <tab> out from full screen to home menu screen. I can't figure out what is controlling that bottom panel. A curious thing also, is that when I hover on the top panel (no video playing) of the home screen (where I have recently added musicvideo) I get the artist in the bottom panel. (Also notice same sort of thing for TVshow -- hover over recently added in top panel and it shows episode name and tvshow name. but when playing a TVshow episode, it just shows the episode name). Here is an example of movievideo:

When hover over "recently added"

When playing the file (notice artist not shown and progress bar is empty)

It would also be nice to have a progress bar on this panel (right now it gives current position/ duration for about 10 secs) but I live without that.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - gosh - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-24, 21:42)MarcosQui Wrote: Show me a screen with the problem, please.

Gladly!

This is what Ace looks like under the videos Now Playing section.

The only menu available is the context menu, the normal Ace menu at the top doesn't come up, which means there's no way to change view types, turn on shuffle/repeat, or clear the queue (unless you manually remove each entry one at a time through the context menu). Also, there is no art loading.

Pressing right just makes the whole thing worse:

And just for comparison, here's Confluence on the same screen

Thanks for looking into this MQ! I really do absolutely love this skin, and I truly appreciate all the hard work and time you've put into this! I just happen to use the Now Playing section quite a bit (which apparently I'm a rarity?) and this is a tad hard to work with in it's current state.

For what it's worth, I have not encountered a single other issue with Ace. Again, great skin man!

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - clayboy - 2013-04-25

Would it be possible to have glass list in the music section but with the artist info overlayed on top of the artist fanart i think that would be real nice or maybe bring back 3d artist viewNodBig Grin