Kodi Community Forum
TvOS Kodi Build - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: TvOS Kodi Build (/showthread.php?tid=312805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - horstepipe - 2020-01-27

Will you take a look at subtitles with HDR content? In Kodi 17 they are grey, because the white was too bright with HDR. So there‘s no way to adjust this.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - mats_o - 2020-01-27

(2020-01-26, 20:49)sy6sy2 Wrote:
(2020-01-26, 19:30)mats_o Wrote: Is there an easy way to install kodi 17.6 and 19 nightly on the same atv4k?

I got a jailbroken (ios 11.1) atv4k and would like to be able to test 19 without losing my very well working 17.6

I did not test this but I think that you can (re)sign the app with iOS App Signer (https://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/) and use two different App ID then you can install two or more Kodi on the same Apple TV. tvOS will think that those app are different.

My Apple TV is not jailbroken but I have two Kodi app with two different app ID ;-) 

@kambala 

Thanks. It worked nicely. I now got it running so if you need something tested on 11.1 - please let me know

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - mats_o - 2020-01-28

(2020-01-21, 04:36)Fuzzard Wrote: No GUI sounds is just how Kodi handles remotes. This probably won't change, at least not in the short term.

As for 2, we use a different keymap to what memphiz had. The custom controller.siri.xml file needs to be changed to whatever you want. As for how to change that easily, I don't have anything offhand.

No idea about the 3rd one sorry. I don't have/use enigma, so can't really test it to try and debug. Maybe a debug log would be helpful.

It may be that I'm comparing to an "odd" version but 17.6 on ATV do got the click sounds with the standard remote.
I would like to ask for them to be readded some time in the future. They are very good to determine if a keypress was missed (no sound) or if Kodi got it (sound) and is processing the command

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - AcidZero - 2020-02-09

I'm sorry if the question in this thread has already been answered.
Know someone if Netflix/Amazon works in Kodi with 4K/1080p on AppleTV4k.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - horstepipe - 2020-02-14

Is there a reason that there're two Kodi 17 builds here?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwin/tvos/

Any difference good to know?

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - Fuzzard - 2020-02-14

Look at the dates in the filename, they were built in 2018

(2020-02-14, 00:12)Fuzzard Wrote: Look at the dates in the filename, they were built in 2018
yes I'm aware. Just curious why Memphiz placed two versions there and what's the difference. (I was hoping one of them was built without kodi debug logging, unfortunately it's not)

Would anybody mind to give some instructions on how to build Kodi 17 without debug logging?

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - manhas - 2020-02-21

I've tried a couple of the nightly builds and it's looking promising. But there are two issues that currently makes it unusable for me.

Tested with kodi-20200219-0275416d-master-tvos.deb

1) I'm unable to open the context menu on the sources screen. It works with a long press on other items and menus, but on the library sources items nothing happens. So I'm unable to set the source content so that the library can be scanned and updated. I've tried both with the keymap that's included by default and copied customcontroller.SiriRemote.xml from Memphiz repository, none of them work. Perhaps this is the same issue that guibaa and Fuzzard discussed a few pages back? As it is right now I would need to manage the content from a separate device that's not AppleTV.

2) It doesn't handle custom video nodes. The same video nodes works on 17.0 on AppleTV, macOS and iOS, and they also work with the 19.0 macOS nightlies. So looks like it's AppleTV 19.0 specific. I'm able to see and browse parents node and see the child nodes, so Kodi is able to parse the video nodes. But when I try to open and browse a node with content nothing happens and I get log errors. Two examples:

library/video/sources.xml:
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="20" type="folder">
  <label>Sources</label>
  <icon>DefaultNetwork.png</icon>
  <path>sources://video</path>
</node>
Pressing this one opens a dialogue "Remote share: Path not found or invalid" and in the log:
Code:
2020-02-21 08:54:02.462 T:24327   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (library://video/sources.xml/)
2020-02-21 08:54:02.472 T:30499   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting library://video/sources.xml/
2020-02-21 08:54:02.482 T:24327   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(library://video/sources.xml/) failed

library/video/other/stand-up/titles.xml:
xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="3" type="filter">
    <label>Titel</label>
    <icon>DefaultMovies.png</icon>
    <content>movies</content>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
      <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>nfs://192.168.1.95/volume1/Stand-up/</value>
    </rule>
</node>
Pressing this does nothing, but when I go back to the parent node the custom node will disappear from the list. From the log when pressed:
Code:
2020-02-21 08:51:44.894 T:24327   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (library://video/other/stand-up/titles.xml/)
2020-02-21 08:51:44.895 T:24327   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [library://video/other/stand-up/]
2020-02-21 08:51:44.909 T:30467   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting library://video/other/stand-up/titles.xml/
2020-02-21 08:51:44.921 T:24327   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(library://video/other/stand-up/titles.xml/) failed
2020-02-21 08:51:44.923 T:24327   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (library://video/other/stand-up/)
2020-02-21 08:51:44.924 T:24327   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [library://video/other/]

Nothing else is logged with debug logging turned on, so I'm not sure what is failing. On ATV when using skins with skinshortcuts dependency I need to use a fork of skins shortcuts that parse/write XMLs through VFS instead of trying to access them through regular paths. Could this be a similar issue with Kodi 19.0 not using VFS when accessing the video node XML files? If so, are video nodes handled by Kodi or is this done in an add-on?

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - bigjpayne90 - 2020-03-08

Lately, my instance of Kodi 19 (kodi-20200110-6e017a30-master-tvos) has been crashing whenever I try to list Movies by title.

I've tried EVERYTHING (uninstalling/reinstalling, factory resetting the Apple TV, installing Kodi 17.6) and the issue still persists, but was hoping y'all could help.

Here's my Kodi debug log https://paste.kodi.tv/aluyixebav and Xcode crash log https://hastebin.com/arajezepek.sql

I really have no idea what I'm looking at here so any assistance/suggestions are welcome!

My other instances are able to run Kodi 18.6 and list movies from the same network share without crashing, so I assume that's not the issue?

Thanks!

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - retif - 2020-03-23

I wanted to share that instructions for how to install Kodi on a not-jailbroken Apple TV still work fine, I successfully install kodi-20180227-4a25e62-yab-tvos.deb build on my Apple TV 4K (with the latest tvOS 13.3.1) every week (as I am a silly user with a free Apple Developer account).
I also wrote a manual of my own based on those instructions.

Aside from sharing how happy I am, I wanted to report some issues with the latest kodi-20200316-b31d8bf0-depends-libnfs-tvos.deb build. As I heard the news that there is now a new Kodi build, I went ahead and installed it, but unfortunately I had to roll back because of the following issues I found:

- it is slow/laggy and feels poorly optimized
- Siri remote control works considerably worse
- it couldn't automatically discover or manually add my Samba share as a source
    + also I couldn't delete this failed source from the list as there is suddenly no context menu
- it did not pick up my existing settings from previous version (and actually destroyed them completely, so I had to set everything up again after rolling back)
- there is no clicking sound for menu actions
- the top-shelf feature does not work, just like it was mentioned in the announcement, but it's a bit weird, considering that it works fine in the old build and free Apple Developer account. Or perhaps it's not a top-shelf feature when you can navigate through recently added media right on the home screen?

I am not complaining, just wanted to provide some feedback, as currently the latest build seems like a downgrade.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - patarker - 2020-03-24

(2020-03-23, 22:33)retif Wrote: I wanted to share that instructions for how to install Kodi on a not-jailbroken Apple TV still work fine, I successfully install kodi-20180227-4a25e62-yab-tvos.deb build on my Apple TV 4K (with the latest tvOS 13.3.1) every week (as I am a silly user with a free Apple Developer account).
I also wrote a manual of my own based on those instructions.

Aside from sharing how happy I am, I wanted to report some issues with the latest kodi-20200316-b31d8bf0-depends-libnfs-tvos.deb build. As I heard the news that there is now a new Kodi build, I went ahead and installed it, but unfortunately I had to roll back because of the following issues I found:

- it is slow/laggy and feels poorly optimized
- Siri remote control works considerably worse
- it couldn't automatically discover or manually add my Samba share as a source
    + also I couldn't delete this failed source from the list as there is suddenly no context menu
- it did not pick up my existing settings from previous version (and actually destroyed them completely, so I had to set everything up again after rolling back)
- there is no clicking sound for menu actions
- the top-shelf feature does not work, just like it was mentioned in the announcement, but it's a bit weird, considering that it works fine in the old build and free Apple Developer account. Or perhaps it's not a top-shelf feature when you can navigate through recently added media right on the home screen?

I am not complaining, just wanted to provide some feedback, as currently the latest build seems like a downgrade.
I have had that samba share problem with every nightly build after kodi-20200127 so you might want to give that build a shot next week (though there's still no UI sounds and you'd probably have to set it all up again). I'm on a free dev account, too, so I sympathize with the repetitive chores.

edit: Just checked and the 20200127 build has rolled off the bottom of the nightly list so I guess we'll just hope for a fix going forward

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - Fuzzard - 2020-03-24

- it is slow/laggy and feels poorly optimized - Alpha, it is what it is.
- Siri remote control works considerably worse - Cant comment on that. Youd need to provide more quantitive information than just "worse"
- it couldn't automatically discover or manually add my Samba share as a source - This is because of all the changes in samba (and windows 10). smb2/3 dont support discovery. You need to set everything to smb1, and then also on whatever "server" as well
- it did not pick up my existing settings from previous version (and actually destroyed them completely, so I had to set everything up again after rolling back). - Going from an alpha to an alpha. Thats life.
- there is no clicking sound for menu actions - There isnt in Memphiz's old builds either. This is due to how the controller system was inherently implemented inside kodi (if its not a "keyboard" input, you dont get gui sounds. Affects gamepads/joysticks on all platforms)
- the top-shelf feature does not work, just like it was mentioned in the announcement, but it's a bit weird, considering that it works fine in the old build and free Apple Developer account. Or perhaps it's not a top-shelf feature when you can navigate through recently added media right on the home screen?  - Topshelf works. As mentioned, Apple seem to have changed on their end that stops free dev accounts signing the required entitlements. Theres forum threads around predating any of our latest work stating this. Its not new to this work.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - mats_o - 2020-04-01

(2020-03-24, 01:53)Fuzzard Wrote: - there is no clicking sound for menu actions - There isnt in Memphiz's old builds either. This is due to how the controller system was inherently implemented inside kodi (if its not a "keyboard" input, you dont get gui sounds. Affects gamepads/joysticks on all platforms)
I do not have the skill to say whos build it is but I got kodi 17.6 git:2018-02-24_9a8dbce-dirty on my 4K and it got the sounds with both the apple remote and through hdmi-cec from the TV remote

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - BTopbas - 2020-06-01

I installed latest kodi matrix on my Apple TV 4K. I think i found some bug. When Allow hardware accelerator VTBDecoder ON some tv channels not opening (only audio no display)(I am using tvheadend). When this settings is OFF all channels opens with no problem but other video files likes mkv stuttering.So need to ON again.