Kodi Community Forum
Release TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: Release TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) (/showthread.php?tid=357232)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - DrIT - 2024-01-17

I have some issues with the scraper, is it only me or does it indeed not work?
Setted tv shows folder to this scraper and adjust settings here. I have checked keep original title and setted preferred language to non english (eg nl-NL).
Now when refreshing all seasons of a tv show:
- It will set title of tv show to english, description of tv show and also synopsis of episodes to correct preferred language. But the title of every episode is always the preferred language (no matter if keep original title is checked or not) instead of english.
- Per season description is not scraped (so every season has the same "all seasons" description).

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - pkscout - 2024-01-17

(2024-01-17, 10:28)DrIT Wrote: I have some issues with the scraper, is it only me or does it indeed not work?
Setted tv shows folder to this scraper and adjust settings here. I have checked keep original title and setted preferred language to non english (eg nl-NL).
Now when refreshing all seasons of a tv show:
- It will set title of tv show to english, description of tv show and also synopsis of episodes to correct preferred language. But the title of every episode is always the preferred language (no matter if keep original title is checked or not) instead of english.
- Per season description is not scraped (so every season has the same "all seasons" description).
Kodi doesn't support per season description, so you will always get the show description no matter what season is selected.  Episodes don't have an original title in The Movie Database (at least not the last time I checked), so they will be provided in the language you select (unless that language isn't available, then you get English).  Basically, what you are describing is the expected behavior.

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - DrIT - 2024-01-17

What do you mean by Kodi does not support per season description? Because TMDB supports it and just now tested with TheMovieDb Helper addon which does show it. Although view is exactly the same as info page that one is helper and other is the info on season form Kodi, is that what you mean? So no option in Kodi for that, so also not by nfo or something?

As for episode titles, yes TMDB has this option and what i tested and checked on TMDB site did both fields have a value.

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - pkscout - 2024-01-18

(2024-01-17, 23:50)DrIT Wrote: What do you mean by Kodi does not support per season description? Because TMDB supports it and just now tested with TheMovieDb Helper addon which does show it. Although view is exactly the same as info page that one is helper and other is the info on season form Kodi, is that what you mean? So no option in Kodi for that, so also not by nfo or something?

As for episode titles, yes TMDB has this option and what i tested and checked on TMDB site did both fields have a value.
There is no place in the Kodi database to store a season description, so the scraper has nowhere to put it.  TheMovieDB helper grabs that and stores it somewhere else, and skins that support that can show that additional info.  The two are not the same.

I will have to look into the original title for episodes.  That was apparently added to the API at some point, so I need to update the scraper to support it.

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - DrIT - 2024-01-18

Ah that's a pity, maybe it will added in a future release.

Thank you for looking it!
Btw i just tested by adjusting TMDB title/name fields. If you leave translated name field empty it will fallback to translated name of "Episode 1". And when i put English text in translated field than that (naturally) is taken.

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - pkscout - 2024-01-21

(2024-01-18, 00:22)DrIT Wrote: Ah that's a pity, maybe it will added in a future release.

Thank you for looking it!
Btw i just tested by adjusting TMDB title/name fields. If you leave translated name field empty it will fallback to translated name of "Episode 1". And when i put English text in translated field than that (naturally) is taken.
I looked in more detail this morning.  The original name of an episode is not included in the API response.  There is an original name for the series, and original name for actors in the episode, but not the name of the episode.  So while this is available on the web site, there is no way for the scraper to request it.  You will always get episode titles in the language you have selected (or English if the language you want isn't available).

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - DrIT - 2024-01-21

Thank you for checking it out, really a bummer it does not has this info in api (yet?).
That will leave me 2 options (as translated titles is really not done for me), adjust the translated title in TMDB (and hope no one changes it back) or go back to TVDB. I think i will try option one first.

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - pkscout - 2024-01-21

(2024-01-21, 19:26)DrIT Wrote: Thank you for checking it out, really a bummer it does not has this info in api (yet?).
That will leave me 2 options (as translated titles is really not done for me), adjust the translated title in TMDB (and hope no one changes it back) or go back to TVDB. I think i will try option one first.
I'd be cautious about making changes to The Movie Database's data unless you are very very sure what you are changing it to is more correct.  That's a good way to get yourself banned from the site.  As an FYI, changes made on the web site can take 1 - 2 days before they show up in the API, so if you do make changes, don't expect them to show up immediately in the data the scraper gets.

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - madsession - 2024-01-24

Is it just for me that specials stopped scraping info.

For example Doctor if you name it S00E01 it just add it as S01 in library without any information like description or ratings etc.

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - Karellen - 2024-01-24

(2024-01-24, 15:55)madsession Wrote: Is it just for me that specials stopped scraping info.
Can you provide a Debug Log that captures the problem

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - madsession - 2024-01-27

(2024-01-24, 21:41)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-01-24, 15:55)madsession Wrote: Is it just for me that specials stopped scraping info.
Can you provide a Debug Log that captures the problem

Never mind, must have been something temporary. I tried again today in order to post debug log and now it scraped the information also.

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - mortenlj - 2024-02-24

For a while now, my Kodi installation is encountering an error when updating TV Show information. I'm using the TMDb TV Shows scraper.

I'm running Kodi on an Android TV, so finding the log was a bit tricky, but I think I found the right one. It has a number of errors of the type: ValueError: bad marshal data (unknown type code).
Link to log

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - pkscout - 2024-02-24

(2024-02-24, 13:23)mortenlj Wrote: For a while now, my Kodi installation is encountering an error when updating TV Show information. I'm using the TMDb TV Shows scraper.

I'm running Kodi on an Android TV, so finding the log was a bit tricky, but I think I found the right one. It has a number of errors of the type: ValueError: bad marshal data (unknown type code).
Link to log
Python compiles and caches all the scraper code, and from what I can find it appears that error means at least one of those cached files is corrupted.  The suggested fix is to delete those files.  Go to addons/metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.python/libs (where that addons folder is depends on your OS, and I'm not sure where it is on Android) and delete the __pycache__ folder, restart Kodi, then try again.  If the error persists, there there is probably an OS level issue causing the cache files to either not get saved or get corrupted.

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - mortenlj - 2024-02-24

(2024-02-24, 16:51)pkscout Wrote:
(2024-02-24, 13:23)mortenlj Wrote: For a while now, my Kodi installation is encountering an error when updating TV Show information. I'm using the TMDb TV Shows scraper.

Link to log
Python compiles and caches all the scraper code, and from what I can find it appears that error means at least one of those cached files is corrupted.  The suggested fix is to delete those files.  Go to addons/metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.python/libs (where that addons folder is depends on your OS, and I'm not sure where it is on Android) and delete the __pycache__ folder, restart Kodi, then try again.  If the error persists, there there is probably an OS level issue causing the cache files to either not get saved or get corrupted.
Deleted the __pycache__ folders, but that only lead to other errors. Did some more investigation and found that many of the files in the libs folder were corrupted, so tried deleting all data and reinstalling addons etc. That sorted out the problem.
Now I just need to figure out why they were corrupted in the first place ... thanks for the help!

RE: TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper) - sallenko - 2024-02-28

When scraping tv show episodes from TMDB in e.g. a language from the Nordic european countries (when no episode names have been given in that language on TMDB) TMDB scraper scrapes episode 1, 2, 3 etc in that language. Would it be possible to add a second and sort of backup language from where to scrape the episode names from.
For quite a few tv shows no episode names in the nordic language exist, i.e. the episode name is in English. However, we do often have translated show titles.

I takes a lot of time to just copy paste every english episode name on TMDB instead of scraping a second episode language.

I do believe that the TVDB scraper has had this functionality for quite some time. It would be much appreciated if a similar scraping functionality could be implemented on the TMDB scraper.