Kodi Community Forum
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support (/showthread.php?tid=202302)

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - phil65 - 2014-12-19

(2014-12-19, 12:51)sat4all Wrote: great work phil.
significant boost, the movieinfo dialog now load very fast & flawless browsing.

(2014-12-19, 12:55)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 06:57)phil65 Wrote: @the guys who helped testing movieinfo dialog: I think I could boost performance for movieinfo dialog a bit by multithreading the shit out of it. would be nice if people could compare it Smile

Hey Phil,

I just updated and tested your updated script and it definitely feels quicker. It used to take around 2 seconds for me, now it is more like 1 second. Good job! Blush

LOG

That´s great to hear Smile I think I´m done with performance tuning then for now (only need to find some nice way to cache the big poster texture). Thx for your testing, guys.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - SheHateMe - 2014-12-20

Thanks for the help so far! The skin is running so smooth. I really like the extended info too.

One problem that I am having is that some of my music has Asian characters and I can't get them to display properly. I think I fixed this issues on another skin by copying the arialuni.tff font from my Windows install to one of the skin's folders or something.

Is there a way I can support this with this skin? I want to keep everything mostly in English...just need support for asian characters.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Slipass - 2014-12-20

(2014-12-19, 17:53)phil65 Wrote: script.skinshortcuts. (installs automatically if you properly install my skin)

Thanks phil, it works fine.
But the live dvd background shows only 8 cases. Mikes Mod shows 10. And is it possible to create live dvd background from smartplaylist?

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - ferent - 2014-12-20

Hi Phil, in the movie info screen, is the Fanart loaded in high resolution? because on my tv the shows a bit pixelated.
Thanks

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - phil65 - 2014-12-20

(2014-12-20, 23:22)ferent Wrote: Hi Phil, in the movie info screen, is the Fanart loaded in high resolution? because on my tv the shows a bit pixelated.
Thanks

should be in high resolution when you click on it. (you mean the list of fanarts, right?)

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - thedude459 - 2014-12-21

When do you think this will be up and running on android?

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - ferent - 2014-12-21

(2014-12-20, 23:48)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-12-20, 23:22)ferent Wrote: Hi Phil, in the movie info screen, is the Fanart loaded in high resolution? because on my tv the shows a bit pixelated.
Thanks

should be in high resolution when you click on it. (you mean the list of fanarts, right?)

Now runs ok with your changes, thanks.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - phil65 - 2014-12-21

(2014-12-21, 03:47)thedude459 Wrote: When do you think this will be up and running on android?

Helix.1 (I´d say some weeks)

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - SheHateMe - 2014-12-21

Any advice on how to support asian characters with this skin?

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - bill1972 - 2014-12-21

Just tried running the latest script extended info and get the following error

21:58:25 T:5184 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named omdb
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\homeserver\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 492, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\homeserver\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 41, in __init__
self._StartInfoActions()
File "C:\Users\homeserver\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 188, in _StartInfoActions
from DialogTVShowInfo import DialogTVShowInfo
File "C:\Users\homeserver\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\DialogTVShowInfo.py", line 8, in <module>
import DialogActorInfo
File "C:\Users\homeserver\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\DialogActorInfo.py", line 8, in <module>
import DialogVideoInfo
File "C:\Users\homeserver\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\DialogVideoInfo.py", line 7, in <module>
from omdb import *
ImportError: No module named omdb
-->End of Python script error report<--

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - phil65 - 2014-12-21

fixed, forgot to push a file.

Re: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - francovilar - 2014-12-21

When downloading subtitles, the window doesn't show the file name. Is there a option for this? It's hard to choose the correct version.
Another thing, in my opinion there should be an option to disable the main menu editing in kiosk mode.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - bill1972 - 2014-12-22

Two quick questions:
1/ When you press enter on a trailer in the trailers home menu you now get the info screen for that trailer or is it suppose to play the trailer?
2/ under the widget fanart background is it possible to have it rotate through the fanart instead of just showing one picture in the backgrouund

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - ferent - 2014-12-22

(2014-12-22, 15:38)bill1972 Wrote: Two quick questions:
1/ When you press enter on a trailer in the trailers home menu you now get the info screen for that trailer or is it suppose to play the trailer?
2/ under the widget fanart background is it possible to have it rotate through the fanart instead of just showing one picture in the backgrouund

Yes I have the same two question! now I can't see the trailer, only info about it. Maybe its a bug

Another question, are the Download themes sking funcionality running ok? After download a theme nothing changes.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - mxlance - 2014-12-22

@phill65
i installed your skin for the first time over the weekend, very impressive and i like it a lot.
i am amazed at how fast and smooth it runs on my late 2009 mac mini/OSX 10.8 and helix nighties.
hope to play with it more this week.

thank you for complicating my choice for favorite skin.