Kodi Community Forum
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support (/showthread.php?tid=202302)

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - phil65 - 2014-12-28

always complete debug log (wiki), please + some more explanations. Did you enter MovieDB credentials in settings?

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - bill1972 - 2014-12-29

sorry my mistake. Forgot to enter the moviedb credentials

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Rastan - 2014-12-29

@Phil

Hi,
I updated the script and skin and received an extendedinfo.script error and saw bill1972's post saying he fixed it by putting in his TMDB login credentials. I have put in my credentials and got it working again too. My question is do you plan to have the user HAVE to log into TMDB to access the info page. Or is it a bug? I would much rather not have to put my credentials in, in order to use your script Sad

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - phil65 - 2014-12-29

(2014-12-29, 00:46)Rastan Wrote: @Phil

Hi,
I updated the script and skin and received an extendedinfo.script error and saw bill1972's post saying he fixed it by putting in his credentials. I have put in my credentials and got it working again too. My question is do you plan to have the user HAVE to log into TMDB to access the info page. Or is it a bug? I would much rather not have to put my credentials in, in order to use your script Sad

yeah will get fixed. no worries. Wink
I recommend putting credentials in though because you will get more features then.

(2014-12-29, 00:47)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 00:46)Rastan Wrote: @Phil

Hi,
I updated the script and skin and received an extendedinfo.script error and saw bill1972's post saying he fixed it by putting in his credentials. I have put in my credentials and got it working again too. My question is do you plan to have the user HAVE to log into TMDB to access the info page. Or is it a bug? I would much rather not have to put my credentials in, in order to use your script Sad

yeah will get fixed. no worries. Wink
I recommend putting credentials in though because you will get more features then.

Thankyou! Blush

should be fixed now.

(2014-12-29, 00:52)phil65 Wrote: should be fixed now.

Yup, that fixed it. Thankyou again. I take it the movie ratings on the info page are sent to TMDB. I was just wondering if you plan on implementing the same features (ratings etc) but using Trakt? I ask because Trakt is already intergrated in your skin.

Just a thought... Great work on the script by the way. I see a lot of skins are adding it to enhance them. Blush

yes, they are sent to TMDB. No plans to inplement Trakt rating for now.

(2014-12-29, 01:12)phil65 Wrote: yes, they are sent to TMDB. No plans to inplement Trakt rating for now.

ok, I look forward to seeing where you go next with your skin. I understand that you are currently busy with other projects. But I am a patient man Big Grin

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - dutchie393 - 2014-12-29

icon panel 2 appears to be broke...
(just sayn Smile )

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - bsoriano - 2014-12-30

Phil,

I am sorry to sound like a broken record with this, but I still do not see how to run Artwork Downloader from the video info dialog for TV shows (options are not there in the menu when you press the Manage button). Are you planning on incorporating those options again for TV shows? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - bsoriano - 2014-12-31

Good evening Phil,

One other issue I have noticed, and I am not sure if this has been brought up before, is that incorrect information gets presented in the actor info dialog for movies that have the same name, but of different years. For example, I have the 1956 movie "The Killing", and when I press enter on the cast member Sterling Hayden, in the actor info dialog it shows that I have 5 movies in my collection where he acts in. One of those movies is "Top Gun"; however, the Top Gun I have is the 1986 movie with Tom Cruise (and that is the poster that is shown), not the 1955 one where Mr. Hayden is in. When I press enter on the Top Gun poster that is shown in the actor info dialog, I get the poster for the movie I do have in my database, but the information for the one where the actor is in, which is brought from TMDB.

Please let me know if this is clear enough or you need additional information. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - phil65 - 2014-12-31

yeah i know about that and it can get fixed to some extent at least, but sadly it will never get 100% matching since xbmc does not save the tmdb id in database, only the imdb id. Because of that, I have to fallback to comparing InfoLabels.

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - bsoriano - 2014-12-31

(2014-12-31, 04:08)phil65 Wrote: yeah i know about that and it can get fixed to some extent at least, but sadly it will never get 100% matching since xbmc does not save the tmdb id in database, only the imdb id. Because of that, I have to fallback to comparing InfoLabels.

Thanks for the quick response Phil. Could you perhaps compare title and year? That probably would fix a lot of cases.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - phil65 - 2014-12-31

(2014-12-31, 04:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 04:08)phil65 Wrote: yeah i know about that and it can get fixed to some extent at least, but sadly it will never get 100% matching since xbmc does not save the tmdb id in database, only the imdb id. Because of that, I have to fallback to comparing InfoLabels.

Thanks for the quick response Phil. Could you perhaps compare title and year? That probably would fix a lot of cases.

Regards,

Bart

yep, that´s planned. (was already implemented some time ago, but got somehow removed when restructuring stuff.)