Kodi Community Forum
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows (/showthread.php?tid=41129)

- fekker - 2009-03-15

MrDVD Wrote:For me the german covers still dont work Sad
I reveive now the Background but still no Poster.

I use Version 1.1.0.2783 and cleaned the tvshow.nfo from the series folder and also all inside .\mediainfoplus\cache\tvdb\ and .\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\ folder.

Under setup Shows i have selected Language Override for Banners.

Looks like I missed the first check that skips them, testing it now.

Quote:warwon
I'm going to put out an update for you two to test, please only run this version on a small test set and not entire collections as the media information update in this version will be changed.

rc4s - 2785 (special build) - #2
found another check i missed for auto-assignment of season posters
--- link removed ---

.exe file only, requires rc3 to have been installed.. no uninstall required, just extract to the install directory

- warwon - 2009-03-16

I hope you can wait about 14 hours until I'm back at home from work.

I'll be testing it out as soon I get home Smile

Music - webmosher - 2009-03-16

Hello,

I tried doing a few things with the Music section of the program. Not alot going there, so I did not test too extensively. I was impressed at how MIP was able to grind through 20,000+ tracks fairly efficiently. Offhand, any chance you will be able to add an artist level scaper? Something as simple as last.fm might be useful. I'm not sure if there is any sort of fanart site for artists yet, but that would be pretty nice.

Another question: Have you considered possibly caching some of the loaded data somehow and only looking for changes that have occurred? I think this might improve performance significantly. I am not sure if this will cause cross compatibility issues for you.

Sorry if this turned out to be more of a feature request, than a bug post.

Thanks,
Fred

- SebaSOFT - 2009-03-16

Fekker, can I ask you something?
When downloading and checking file stuff, can you add a Thread.wait(100) to the loops? This way the CPU would have room to update the User Interface and it wouldn't be so stalled when downloading or checking stuff from the file system. It's a fair trade off IMHO.

And it would be great to have command-line headless (no UI) refreshing and scrapping.

- fekker - 2009-03-16

webmosher Wrote:Hello,

I tried doing a few things with the Music section of the program. Not alot going there, so I did not test too extensively. I was impressed at how MIP was able to grind through 20,000+ tracks fairly efficiently. Offhand, any chance you will be able to add an artist level scaper? Something as simple as last.fm might be useful. I'm not sure if there is any sort of fanart site for artists yet, but that would be pretty nice.

Another question: Have you considered possibly caching some of the loaded data somehow and only looking for changes that have occurred? I think this might improve performance significantly. I am not sure if this will cause cross compatibility issues for you.

Sorry if this turned out to be more of a feature request, than a bug post.

Thanks,
Fred
There are some ideas for the music side of the house for images and info, it's still in the early stages at this point, there will be something added for sure.

The music data, after the first scan, should only be reloading the data if the data has been moved or modified. After the initial scan of music, reloading should be very fast. As things progress, the code will get updates that improve it's speed.

How long does it take now to reload the same music data?

The other data is cached in the sense that it comes from the .nfo files, movies are a good indication of how fast it will load the data from those files.

Initial data scan's and scraping take longer to process, but after that things should be way faster.

There are fanart packs for music in the fanart and backdrops thread
Grab the fanart pack
http://www.mediafire.com/?kbugjrxatij

Extract it to
C:\Program Files\movieinfoplus\customimages\music\fanart

If you installed to a non default directory
<install folder>\customimages\music\fanart

Quote:Fekker, can I ask you something?
When downloading and checking file stuff, can you add a Thread.wait(100) to the loops? This way the CPU would have room to update the User Interface and it wouldn't be so stalled when downloading or checking stuff from the file system. It's a fair trade off IMHO.

And it would be great to have command-line headless (no UI) refreshing and scrapping.
the main download app is mutlithreaded and should not peg the UI. Can you provide an example of where your referencing. There's alot of different parts of code at this point.

I have some ideas for command line options, tv shows will be done first. I have to figure out how to select the right show when multiples are found, updating episode data is very easy and fast after I know what the show is.

.TS files not recognized - dolgan - 2009-03-16

Hi fekker,

Fantastic job on the new release!!! I've been playing with RC4 and actually ran it on my whole collection (about 500 movies & TV shows) and I have to say it worked like a charm! Except for one issue - like previous versions it does not recognize .TS files. I have a few shows that are all in .TS format b/c they were captured directly from HDTV in 1080i. I believe I read somewhere that this will be added to the new version.. Maybe there is way to do something in the config file? XBMC supports .TS so it will be nice if this get's added to Media Info Plus...

Thanks and keep the good work! Big Grin

- MrDVD - 2009-03-16

Hallo,

first i want to thx you, now the soft download also Posters when you select german for tvdb.
Problem is now that it looks you search only for english Serien Titles and there is no way to insert an diff name for searching. You can test it with and Serienfolder called "Akte-X". Its on tvdb under this name but MIP cant find it.

@SebaSOFT - yes the software is here also very slow, im on XP with 4GB ram and an quadcore but when downloading or checking stuff the software isnt accessible.

amazing - Vampirebat - 2009-03-17

awesome tool for organizing fanart and thumbs...i had some issues with getting xbmc to load the changes once i had everything the way i wanted but after 5 to 10 mins of banging my head on my desk i figured out how to get it to work tho i had to refresh each movies info individually and im sure there must be a faster way of doing it since that took me several hours to do.
all in all still way easier than finding and adding fan art and thumbs manually.

if anyone has any clue why xbmc wouldnt update my thumbs and backdrops without doing each one individually that would be great and if not ill just deal with it the way it is since it does work its just a lot slower process Smile

- LaTropa64 - 2009-03-17

Vampirebat Wrote:if anyone has any clue why xbmc wouldnt update my thumbs and backdrops without doing each one individually that would be great and if not ill just deal with it the way it is since it does work its just a lot slower process Smile
By design. You would have to delete the database (userdata/database/MyVideos34.db) and then start a brand new scan if you don't want to do each one individually.

- fekker - 2009-03-17

Summary

.ts files - I'll add it to the supported list

Akte-x .. problem on tvdb's side, api doesn't return any results
(try here)
http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Akte-x

slowness - let's narrow it down abit, if you uncheck "allow icon selection" is it faster? .. how about if you choose the mode of "display"
- this will help me to isolate where the prob is

updating images in xbmc.. no need to remove the movie data, just delete xbmc's image cache and it'll grab them again when you start up xbmc..
windows .. C:\Program Files\XBMCj\userdata\Thumbnails\Video .. or under the user folder (see xbmc help for where files are stored depending on how your running it.. -p tells xbmc to use the program files folder.. vista is different as well.

JiveTalker has sent me a bunch of great feedback, improvements, and other items, those are coming soon as well as changes to how font scaling works so that it doesn't look like crap when different dpi's or font sizes are set. I got most of that sorted today, a few more tweaks and those will work as I intended. Thanks to supertim for the fix.

- fekker - 2009-03-17

fekker Wrote:Akte-x .. problem on tvdb's side, api doesn't return any results
(try here)
http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Akte-x

workaround:

name the folder The X-Files
scan it with MIP
close MIP
rename the folder back to Akte-x

- fekker - 2009-03-17

Whew.. Mip will continue as planned for now. I may have to make it a non-open source application to do what I want with it later, but for now, things will remain as they are.

Expect a release version as soon as I hear back on the HD flagging support.

- Vampirebat - 2009-03-17

fekker Wrote:updating images in xbmc.. no need to remove the movie data, just delete xbmc's image cache and it'll grab them again when you start up xbmc..
windows .. C:\Program Files\XBMCj\userdata\Thumbnails\Video .. or under the user folder (see xbmc help for where files are stored depending on how your running it.. -p tells xbmc to use the program files folder.. vista is different as well.
cool ty

- BroChaos - 2009-03-17

are there compiled versions of this program? i cannot find one for the life of me...

- fekker - 2009-03-17

BroChaos Wrote:are there compiled versions of this program? i cannot find one for the life of me...

Sourceforge has Movie Info Plus available for download, Media Info Plus is almost done.