Kodi Community Forum
Is there a stand-alone media manager software application for music that suits XBMC? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Is there a stand-alone media manager software application for music that suits XBMC? (/showthread.php?tid=54900)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- MEvil - 2009-11-22

I'm using musikCube. It has everything you normally need for a music database program/player and is much smaller than all these overloaded players like iTunes.

However, since I have a htpc with XBMC I only use it to tag my music.

- tyche - 2009-11-22

MP3Tag

supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.

It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.

Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.

If you want to go full out, you can run your music through MusicBrainz which will add more tags and really categorize your music. Recommend you use a small test set to see if you're happy with the results first.

- rudeboyx - 2009-11-22

TagTuner 2.0

file basd / batch process / individual ajustments / album art / album lookup (search internet) / file renamer / music player etc etc.

iv been using it for a couple of years now and honestly iv found nothing better, and iv tried alot of apps.

The demo from the site can be used forever. you just get a pop up on launch after 30 days.

Link - http://www.tagtuner.com/

- Jeroen - 2009-11-22

I use Foobar2000 for tagging. A bit of a learning curve first, but once you get familiar with it, it's extremely powerful.

Also great: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

I use that mostly for adding cover images.

- steve1977 - 2009-11-29

Not sure whether this is the right thread, but I didnt want to open a new one:

I am still facing issues with my music library. Everything is perfectly tagged, but 2 albums show up twice after scanning them. The song only exist once, but shows up under proper tagging (i.e.; artist: GNR, album: Live in Rio), but also shows up a second time under various artists (i.e., artist: Various artists, album: Live in Rio). Cleaning the library doesnt help. I double-checked and the album only exists once in my folder structure.

Any advice appreciated!!!

- steve1977 - 2009-12-02

steve1977 Wrote:Not sure whether this is the right thread, but I didnt want to open a new one:

I am still facing issues with my music library. Everything is perfectly tagged, but 2 albums show up twice after scanning them. The song only exist once, but shows up under proper tagging (i.e.; artist: GNR, album: Live in Rio), but also shows up a second time under various artists (i.e., artist: Various artists, album: Live in Rio). Cleaning the library doesnt help. I double-checked and the album only exists once in my folder structure.

Any advice appreciated!!!

Any thoughts?

- joebrady - 2009-12-02

Something in the tags.

- azido - 2009-12-02

chumaj001 Wrote:J river media center 14 is great for managing and tagging music and for cover art search.
Highly reccomended.

the thing all those managing apps are missing is to add more info about an artist and an album which will be shown in xbmc with the right skin (like artists bio, album review, styles, moods, year founded and so on). afaik there is no program that could fill that parts into artist/album.nfo in a convenient way.

i still hope umm will fill that gap finally, as it seems noone with programming skills is willing to write an editor/manager for that.

- azido - 2009-12-02

steve1977 Wrote:Any thoughts?

open that complete album in a tag editor of your choice and make sure you fill in the "album artist" tag with GNR. according to the xbmc manual xbmc does not try to check if that's a compilation if the majority of the tracks in that album have this tag filled and be the same artist.

this should help preventing it to show partly as a compilation.

- steve1977 - 2009-12-03

azido Wrote:open that complete album in a tag editor of your choice and make sure you fill in the "album artist" tag with GNR. according to the xbmc manual xbmc does not try to check if that's a compilation if the majority of the tracks in that album have this tag filled and be the same artist.

this should help preventing it to show partly as a compilation.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, the "album artist" is set to GNR. Also, it doesnt show "partly as compilation", but actually the album appears twice!!! Also, I can selected and play from both files. I double-confirmed that the source folder only includes one folder.

Thanks for any help!!!

- TugboatBill - 2009-12-13

I'd also like to see the ability to support flac files. My entire collection is in flac (one of the most popular lossless) and the tagging is complete.

Now I have two options. Continue to use squeezebox or convert everything to APE or OGG. :mad:

EDIT: I was able to work around this I think. I was using an older copy of mp3tag and downloaded the latest to see if that would be of help. Yay! I was able to do a mass dump of my album covers so XBMC can see cover art and I also copied the artist to the album artist tag.

- uncertainty - 2009-12-13

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, the "album artist" is set to GNR. Also, it doesnt show "partly as compilation", but actually the album appears twice!!! Also, I can selected and play from both files. I double-confirmed that the source folder only includes one folder.

Thanks for any help!!!

There is also an option under the music settings to either enable or disable artist compilations...

- elecga - 2010-06-02

Is there still nothing that supports music? I haven't seen anything that supports album.nfo and artist.nfo

- BLKMGK - 2010-06-06

If you're looking for a GOOD tool to tag music and to lookup\inject art into MP3 take a look at MP3Tag. This tool has served me VERY well and can use multiple sources. I do not need NFO files for XBMC because all of the info I need is IN my MP3 files. No I've not got an artists BIO or anything - don't need it really. this tool can also rename and manage files pretty well. I've looked at many, this one is a winner IMO.

Artist thumb/Fanart standalone for music? - natepalm - 2010-07-10

If this has been answered before I apologize profusely but I've been on a mission for about 3 days now attempting to find somethins like ember but for music. It seems like there has to be something out there that will grab fanart and artist thumbs and like ember but for music. I've tried the stable and nightly builds of xbmc and while the stable seems to work much better its still frustrating as far as it picking which artwork. I've got a large music collection and anyway to avoid going one by one would be incredibly appreciated.

Also just as a sidenote, xbmc seems to come up with blurry artist thumbs when it does actually find them. I assume its a scraper issue?

Like I said if its been covered I sincerely apologize and if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll be extremely grateful.