Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gazzacloud - 2015-02-28

Hi Marcel,

I had a problem downloading last night, so waited until this morning, but I'm getting an update problem the same as I had a few versions ago - it says there is an update available, and you see it flash briefly on downloading 0%, but then nothing.
Incidentally, although I don't use it, you asked me to check last time using Mediabrowser - and this has updated.
Any ideas?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-02-28

I just checked and the update is now available and installing fine. In your case I guess a corrupted, partial version of the zip is downloaded to your system. Go to your kodi folder, subfolder addons. You should see a folder called packages. In there please remove skin.titan.helix-3.2.67.zip. After that start kodi and try to update.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - d0wnl0rd - 2015-02-28

Marcel, I believe there are still some bugs in the menu editor to be ironed out. I've tried it today on a raspberry pi (with a bluetooth keyboard attached) and it still shows some odd behaviour:
  • when adding a new item (apart from the fact that it takes a lot of time) the item being updated with the new shortcut is still (mainly) the one from where you started the add action (mainly, because sometimes it's the very first entry)
  • I ended up a couple of times in a situation where the ESC-key did not bring me back to the skin options but I remained within the editor, so it might be at least a good idea to add an exit option in the right hand menu

On a different note for the favorite popup:
  • a close icon would be welcome if you just want to exit without choosing an entry
  • is there any option to make it somewhat more appealing by e.g. displaying the corresponding thumbs for the respective entries?

(2015-02-28, 11:26)marcelveldt Wrote: I just checked and the update is now available and installing fine. In your case I guess a corrupted, partial version of the zip is downloaded to your system. Go to your kodi folder, subfolder addons. You should see a folder called packages. In there please remove skin.titan.helix-3.2.67.zip. After that start kodi and try to update.
There is no corrupted package but the no-load-phenomenon still remains the same unfortunately.

(2015-02-28, 11:26)marcelveldt Wrote: I just checked and the update is now available and installing fine. In your case I guess a corrupted, partial version of the zip is downloaded to your system. Go to your kodi folder, subfolder addons. You should see a folder called packages. In there please remove skin.titan.helix-3.2.67.zip. After that start kodi and try to update.

Hi Marcel,

I checked the folder - there is only skin.titan.helix-3.2.66 - no version .67 Sad

Damn... the beta repo is hosted by CDN, which has geographically hosted cache locations. My best guess is that it doesn't update the cache very well sometimes. I will contact the guys at MediaBrowser if someone can look into this because it isn't the first time this happens.

I'm in the Netherlands and the update downloads/installs just fine on my machines.

What happens if you try to download the file manually from the repo ?
http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-repo/skin.titan.helix/skin.titan.helix-3.2.67.zip

The file should be 53,5 MB

(2015-02-28, 11:51)marcelveldt Wrote: Damn... the beta repo is hosted by CDN, which has geographically hosted cache locations. My best guess is that it doesn't update the cache very well sometimes. I will contact the guys at MediaBrowser if someone can look into this because it isn't the first time this happens.

I'm in the Netherlands and the update downloads/installs just fine on my machines.

http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-repo/skin.titan.helix/skin.titan.helix-3.2.67.zip

Hi Marcel,

Yep, that downloads (14 secs) and opens fine.
If I installed it from the zip, would it overwrite all my settings?
By the way - I use privateinternetaccess as a VPN, so can connect to servers all over the world. Could this be causing an issue? - although it has only happened once before.

(2015-02-28, 12:01)gazzacloud Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 11:51)marcelveldt Wrote: Damn... the beta repo is hosted by CDN, which has geographically hosted cache locations. My best guess is that it doesn't update the cache very well sometimes. I will contact the guys at MediaBrowser if someone can look into this because it isn't the first time this happens.

Hi Marcel,

By the way - I use privateinternetaccess as a VPN, so can connect to servers all over the world. Could this be causing an issue? - although it has only happened once before.

You can safely install the zip. It's the same as updating through Kodi. I think your vpn is indeed the cause for this. Those services cache content too so it might take a little longer before updates are available

(2015-02-28, 12:04)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 12:01)gazzacloud Wrote:

Hi Marcel,

You can safely install the zip. It's the same as updating through Kodi. I think your vpn is indeed the cause for this. Those services cache content too so it might take a little longer before updates are available

Brilliant. Thanks for your time Marcel.
I'll keep an eye on that VPN. It is weird that it shows the update as available though.
Is that CDN link always available to users or just for developers? - just in cade it happens again.

Update: I had to reset all the backgrounds again (but I expected that) and it seems that everything is back to normal and working again.
Many thanks Marcel - I wish all the add-on developers were as friendly and helpful as you.

(2015-02-28, 12:04)marcelveldt Wrote: Damn... the beta repo is hosted by CDN, which has geographically hosted cache locations. My best guess is that it doesn't update the cache very well sometimes.
[...]
(2015-02-28, 12:01)gazzacloud Wrote: By the way - I use privateinternetaccess as a VPN, so can connect to servers all over the world. Could this be causing an issue? - although it has only happened once before.
Guys, I am in Germany, allegedly at least on the same continent as the Netherlands, I do not use a VPN and I am suffering from the same issue. So don't jump to conclusions...

As always d0wnl0rd, I usually jump around in my head trying to find the cause of a problem - you are correct though Smile

By the way Marcel, I have a small issue - My TV and Movie menus have lost all their content. I have tried to access the Options menu on the left of the screen, and it seems that if the menu list is blank, the Options menu won't slide out. Not sure if this is a skin issue or not.
In the past, I have changed to Confluence to link the media folders, but doing it this time, the links in Confluence are still in place, so I'm kind of stuck.

Update:
It appears a little deeper than that. I just can't get my Movies and TV programmes to show on the main menu. They are there, because if I click on the "Recently added episodes" in both TV and Movies, I can access them all.
Ill do a bit more digging Smile

Update2:
I tried deleting the menus and reapplying.
All I did was add the standard "All TV Shows" and "All Movies" links, and now there is no access to any of my TV Programmes or Movies through any of the submenus eg. Recently added, genres, Unwatched etc
I have checked the Confluence skin (as my control) and everything is there

FIXED: Enabling Mediabrowser to try and get the latest Beta to download somehow automatically enabled the skin to use Mediabrowser for Movies and TV.
After disabling Mediabrowser, everything is now working as it was before. Phew!!

3.2.67 seems to work great on first view! (Have downloaded the ZIP manually as recommended)
Alas I've found another issue that might require your investigation, Marcel:
Have a look at the subtitle load dialogue: I am not able to double click (and thereby choose) the very first entry immediately (it does not get the focus when the mouse is mover over it).
And have the icons for sync and correction gone away?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - gegecom83 - 2015-02-28

(2015-02-27, 16:57)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 16:52)gegecom83 Wrote: Hello Marcelveldt ,
Thank you for this wonderful skin, I have a bug with music videos. Title Appear under the flags box. (Titan MediaBrowser BETA (Helix) v3.2.66)
Thanks

I don't get Kodi to scan scan my musicvideos correctly so I can not test it but I just adjusted something in the code that should fix it. I will provide a bew beta version tonight so please test with that one..

Thank you for new beta version of the skin (3.2.67)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Kblev - 2015-02-28

Since my post last night I've figured out everything. One problem has arose though. has anyone had their windows pointer underlay the titan pointer? it follows it and lags behind like a trail. I've closed it several times and it starts out fine, but after awhile it comes back.
Ken

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Skribbler1 - 2015-02-28

Perfect update! You have fixed the disable power menu bug. And I love the fact that we can now scroll down through the widgets rather than across. Awesome!

Thank you Marcelveldt!