Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- ralob - 2011-10-06

rbcarnevale Wrote:is there any news?

JSON just had the last change applied to git this week so I expect that will take time to incorporate into Commander. I doubt anything will be released at LEAST for a week or two.

- grywnn - 2011-10-07

Yeah, especially the last commit from two days ago made my day:

Quote:Added GetItem to the Player namespace to retrieve the currently playing item (also works for items played with Player.Open or from recently added script)

This was the one thing that gave me nightmares, but with this addition i can finally get everything working as expected again.
Expect the update REALY soon (got spare time this weekend, and bad weather is forecast Smile ).

PVR support and beta access? - gobba - 2011-10-07

Hi!
Is PVR support anywhere on your roadmap? I love this app but miss being able to control the PVR-part of xbmc with it.

Is there a way to get access to the beta app? My phone is a registred beta device.

- black0r - 2011-10-07

Hi all,

i have sine Today a massive Problem! Have the app for iPad 2 and iphone4 my xbmc is a atv2. It Works all great Till Today! If i Start the app it connects and if i click than on Movie or Series it shutdown the app imediatelly and throw me back to springboard! After i check this with both ( iPad and iPhone =Same Problem) i update the ATV xbmc to newest nightly Build but it does Not help ;(

I Hope you have a Tipp for me please advice

Thank you !!!! Blush

- johnmerrick - 2011-10-08

black0r Wrote:Hi all,

i have sine Today a massive Problem! Have the app for iPad 2 and iphone4 my xbmc is a atv2. It Works all great Till Today! If i Start the app it connects and if i click than on Movie or Series it shutdown the app imediatelly and throw me back to springboard! After i check this with both ( iPad and iPhone =Same Problem) i update the ATV xbmc to newest nightly Build but it does Not help ;(

I Hope you have a Tipp for me please advice

Thank you !!!! Blush

Same for me

- grywnn - 2011-10-08

Quote from XBMC download page concerning nightly builds:
Only for the brave. You should expect breakage when running these builds.

Well thats it.
Read the first post of this thread.
Or the last 4-5 pages.
Or the note on XBMC Commanders homepage.

Well, long story short:
The JSON API is under heavy development since the beginning of september, causing lots of breakage with my app.
Good news is:
I'm adapting to these changes, and the changes slowly seem to settle.
Bad news is:
Just when i think i got everything working again, a new change in XBMC is made, breaking (other) things again.
Like today the paramater for setting the volume changed its name, breaking volume control. Nothing big, easy fix, but constantly keeps me from publishing the update...

At least, according to the XBMC JSON developer he's doing the final tweaks, so i will submit an update to apple this weekend and hop that it doesn't get broken again before it is released Smile

- black0r - 2011-10-08

I got a answer from Heiner Bach, he said its actually a natural Problem with actually nightly builds. He said he has Finish the fix for 95% and a new fixed Version come out the Next days Wink

- grywnn - 2011-10-08

Crosspost Smile

@gobba, concerning pvr support:
I'm a pvr user myself, and having a tv-magazin-remote on my ipad was one of the reasons i started the app. So yes, i'll add pvr support.
But pvr hasn't been integrated into JSON yet by team-xbmc.
This is on the roadmap for XBMC 12.0.

Not connecting - dibsta - 2011-10-09

Hi all here my problem

Ive just updated my iphone 3gs to latest firmware

reinstalled my apps now xbmc commander will not connect to xbmc any more

Latest Xbmc Commander
Xbmc Dharma 10.1
Windows 7 64 bit

can anyone help

Cheers

- gobba - 2011-10-10

grywnn Wrote:Crosspost Smile

@gobba, concerning pvr support:
I'm a pvr user myself, and having a tv-magazin-remote on my ipad was one of the reasons i started the app. So yes, i'll add pvr support.
But pvr hasn't been integrated into JSON yet by team-xbmc.
This is on the roadmap for XBMC 12.0.

Ah awesome!

- toymachine2009 - 2011-10-14

So about a month or so ago xbmc commander just stopped working. Currently using pre Eden with aeon mq3 skin.. Now it connects no problem and buttons work such as scan audio it will start to scan same with video and other buttons like subtitles. It's just I have no scrolling gestures with it.. Can't go left right or up and down or can't select anything. So about all I can do is hit the buttons on the left of the app..

Any ideas I wanna start using this app again.. Lately I been using flirc without issues. Btw other remote apps work such as xbmc constellation app works great.

- isamu.dragon - 2011-10-14

toymachine2009 Wrote:So about a month or so ago xbmc commander just stopped working. Currently using pre Eden with aeon mq3 skin.. Now it connects no problem and buttons work such as scan audio it will start to scan same with video and other buttons like subtitles. It's just I have no scrolling gestures with it.. Can't go left right or up and down or can't select anything. So about all I can do is hit the buttons on the left of the app..

Any ideas I wanna start using this app again.. Lately I been using flirc without issues. Btw other remote apps work such as xbmc constellation app works great.

Right now, Nightlies + Commander = No Go

- phreaq - 2011-10-14

Hi Folks,

I've just recently started using XBMC Commander, and I am having an issue with my movies.

Of my 350+ movies, only a half dozen or so are showing their icons/pictures in XBMC Commander. I don't see anything 'special' about the ones that do show their picture.

Everything 'looks' ok within XBMC, and I see all the pics there.

My TV Shows all show up correctly.

I did try searching for my answer, as I'm sure this is a noob issue, but I appreciate any help,

- toymachine2009 - 2011-10-17

isamu.dragon Wrote:Right now, Nightlies + Commander = No Go

Thanks!

- jackmeehan - 2011-10-18

Does XBMC Commander work ok under iOS 5?