Kodi Community Forum
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=220297)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Tinwarble - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-28, 06:19)knives of ice Wrote: the problem is the only way i can think of to get it to confluence is manually removing silvo from my addons folder because it won't boot on these newer nighly's. it won't move past the boot screen, but i can hear the remote moving sounds behind the jarvis overlay. i'm just guessing on what the issue is at this point really the skin may not be the problem, not sure why it would be since it is jarvis compatible

I'm not really sure what you mean. All you should have to do is go to Appearance>Skin and change it to Confluence while your on the old version of Kodi. Then update and see if you're having the same issue, if you don't then it's the Silvo skin and you'll have to talk to the author.

If you are already on the latest nightly, and need a way to get back to Confluence, then just use ES File Explorer and backup your skins settings, then delete it. If you need to you can just copy it back and you'll be up and running as before.

However, you shouldn't need to remove the Silvo skin to find out.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - knives of ice - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-28, 06:29)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 06:19)knives of ice Wrote: the problem is the only way i can think of to get it to confluence is manually removing silvo from my addons folder because it won't boot on these newer nighly's. it won't move past the boot screen, but i can hear the remote moving sounds behind the jarvis overlay. i'm just guessing on what the issue is at this point really the skin may not be the problem, not sure why it would be since it is jarvis compatible

I'm not really sure what you mean. All you should have to do is go to Appearance>Skin and change it to Confluence while your on the old version of Kodi. Then update and see if you're having the same issue, if you don't then it's the Silvo skin and you'll have to talk to the author.

If you are already on the latest nightly, and need a way to get back to Confluence, then just use ES File Explorer and backup your skins settings, then delete it. If you need to you can just copy it back and you'll be up and running as before.

However, you shouldn't need to remove the Silvo skin to find out.

ahhh...i see what you mean now. use a version that boots up and switch to confluence on it then load the latest nightly. good idea. thanks i should have thought of that as well haha

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Ogreen - 2015-10-28

Hello,
Any news concerning the new video render used by kodi ?
Is there any settings to activate because I didn't really see big difference !!

Another question, is the kodi 15.2 or 16 alpha specific Nvidia optimized hardware version ?
Or it use software engine ?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Koying - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-28, 11:54)Ogreen Wrote: Hello,

There should be no visible difference at all for Shield, which already had a "hack" to be in 4K.
You only save some resources, as the Kodi GUI is rendered in 1080p rather than 4K.

(2015-10-28, 12:19)Ogreen Wrote: Another question, is the kodi 15.2 or 16 alpha specific Nvidia optimized hardware version ?

What do you understnad by "Nvidia optimized hardware version"?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - danfloss - 2015-10-28

seems to be $50 off these on amazon.com. At least thats what my email said. use 8GX5-MDM842-4HHW65 at check out

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Robikonobi - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-28, 13:12)danfloss Wrote: seems to be $50 off these on amazon.com. At least thats what my email said. use 8GX5-MDM842-4HHW65 at check out
Where did you get the email? Unfortunately, the coupon is not working so it must be a one time use thing. Thanks.

(2015-10-28, 12:46)Koying Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 11:54)Ogreen Wrote: Hello,

There should be no visible difference at all for Shield, which already had a "hack" to be in 4K.
You only save some resources, as the Kodi GUI is rendered in 1080p rather than 4K.

(2015-10-28, 12:19)Ogreen Wrote: Another question, is the kodi 15.2 or 16 alpha specific Nvidia optimized hardware version ?

What do you understnad by "Nvidia optimized hardware version"?

I would like to know if the kodi 15.2 or 16 alpha use the nvidia hardware or if this is a generic version which can be use on other android TV box / android box.
I ask this question because I saw on an another android box thread which is based on rockchip 3288 that a specific optimized version of kodi is used, based on the last SDK of rockchip, and this version can only work on this android box because it use the hardware spec.
Thanks for your quick answer Wink

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - User 289973 - 2015-10-28

Anyone else having an issue when pausing local media?

If i play a video file across my network from an external hdd it goes all fuzzy as skips quite a bit if I leave the video paused for a few minutes.

When i then press play the screen goes all disjointed, loses audio and skips a few minutes before it syncs back up with itself but by this time I have skipped around 5 minutes from the initial pause point.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Hiphopopotamus - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-27, 03:41)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2015-10-18, 15:52)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2015-10-18, 14:44)Blurayx Wrote: working flawlessly for me. What was your previous kodi?

That's happened to me in the passed. your TV and Movies are still there you have to set TV & movie scraper again.

EDIT: I just installed the 26th build - kodi-20151026-6b91dde-master-x86_64 - on my macbook, and same issue.

kodi-20151003-b2e2eca 16.0 Alpha 4

I know they are still there, as soon as I reverted to the version above, they were back. With the MySQL setup, and advanced settings xml, I shouldn't ned to scrape again, it should be recognised immediately.

I just did a full system reset/erase and decided to start by installing the latest nightly - kodi-20151025-c524791-master-armeabi-v7a.apk and got the exact same problem after doing the full set up and setting the video sources and asking it to scrape and create the library. I then installed kodi-20151003-b2e2eca-master-armeabi-v7a.apk and it was all good again. For me the 17th, 23rd and 25th nightly builds all have this same problem.

The skin I use SiO2 wasn't listed as available, so I did also try to install the 15.2 build - kodi-15.2-Isengard-armeabi-v7a.apk and it wouldn't let me.

EDIT: I just installed the 16.0 26th Nightly build kodi-20151026-6b91dde-master-x86_64 on my macbbok, it has the same issue with the library getting removed.

I installed the nightly build 27th, same issue. I selected to remove existing library, and added them again, full process with adding scrapers etc..It would not run the library update, same as other builds, so even after 30mins, still no Movie or TV section, yet both existed under Video - Files. Install nightly build from the 7th again, and Movies and TV appears immediately.
I have tested this on two devices (Shield and Macbook), a complete clean install on the Shield, and still have an issue moving past the 7th for nightly builds. Is there anymore trouble shooting I can do to see why this is happening?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Ranjanx - 2015-10-28

Does anyone know of an app/method to pin Kodi at the top of the home screen on shield ? Ideally, I would also like to map a key on my harmony remote to specific apps like Kodi and YouTube. Someone from logitech had a recommendation for doing that but its dependent on the app having a reliable set of arrow key press sequence to get to the app.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - User 289973 - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-28, 14:34)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 03:41)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2015-10-18, 15:52)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: kodi-20151003-b2e2eca 16.0 Alpha 4

I know they are still there, as soon as I reverted to the version above, they were back. With the MySQL setup, and advanced settings xml, I shouldn't ned to scrape again, it should be recognised immediately.

I just did a full system reset/erase and decided to start by installing the latest nightly - kodi-20151025-c524791-master-armeabi-v7a.apk and got the exact same problem after doing the full set up and setting the video sources and asking it to scrape and create the library. I then installed kodi-20151003-b2e2eca-master-armeabi-v7a.apk and it was all good again. For me the 17th, 23rd and 25th nightly builds all have this same problem.

The skin I use SiO2 wasn't listed as available, so I did also try to install the 15.2 build - kodi-15.2-Isengard-armeabi-v7a.apk and it wouldn't let me.

EDIT: I just installed the 16.0 26th Nightly build kodi-20151026-6b91dde-master-x86_64 on my macbbok, it has the same issue with the library getting removed.

I installed the nightly build 27th, same issue. I selected to remove existing library, and added them again, full process with adding scrapers etc..It would not run the library update, same as other builds, so even after 30mins, still no Movie or TV section, yet both existed under Video - Files. Install nightly build from the 7th again, and Movies and TV appears immediately.
I have tested this on two devices (Shield and Macbook), a complete clean install on the Shield, and still have an issue moving past the 7th for nightly builds. Is there anymore trouble shooting I can do to see why this is happening?

http://kodi.wiki/view/XBMC_databases/Version_table

Your mysql setups will specify to create the databases MyVideos% and MyMusic% where the % is the database version being uses.

These version change indifferent builds (please see link)

So your mysql database will have a table called MyVideos94 which Jarvis Alpha 1 and 2 will use however Alpha 3 and the newest nightly builds are using MyVideos97 so it will not see the database you were using in the previous builds.

Links

http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Upgrading
http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Upgrading#Different_Kodi_versions
http://kodi.wiki/view/Databases

P.Sto use a mysql setup ALL devices must run the same version of kodi.

If you logging to your mysql setup and run the command "show databases;"
You will see numerous MyVideos% and my Music% databases.

When you move onto a full jarvis build and end up using MyVideos97 you can then drop the rest of the databases from mysql unless you ever intend on going backwards to isengard.

You could always use mysql to copy the old database to the new database so that you don't need to scrape it again.

Alpha 1 +2 uses 94 and Alpha 3 & 4 uses 97 so use this command

mysqldump -u [kodi] -p [kodi] MyVideos94| mysql --u [kodi] -p[kodi] MyVideos97

Or install one of the older nightlys, export the databases, install the new nightly and import the database.

Viola, job done.

This is why they always say when using a mysql setup all devices MUST run the same version of Kodi.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - hokey1 - 2015-10-28

With the newest version up on the play store (Oct 27th) kodi no longer changes the framerate for me. I decided to try the nightly Jarvis build and it made no difference. Is it me or the new builds?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Martijn - 2015-10-28

it's you

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - frenshprince - 2015-10-28

Since Kodi Developpers seems to be around, I'm allow myself to ask a questionBig Grin

There is no doubt that shield PQ is not as good as it should be.
Behind the Pi2 or even the chromebox.

I made a lot of comparisons with a Dune Smart, and the gap is more important.
Th Shield PQ offers a PQ not really sharp, and it's worse on SD content.

So my question is :
Is it about the shield hardware, Lolipop, or the Kodi video render ?

ThanksSmile