Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ustvnow - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ustvnow (/showthread.php?tid=100205)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - spanktastic2120 - 2013-09-09

(2013-09-09, 19:24)RGB_Gamer Wrote: I will have to see what version of the ustvnow plugin I have. I can play recordings, but recordings/live TV stutter if I set the bitrate above 400kbps, and I am on 30mbps cable.

If you could somehow get recordings included into the tvguide (or another app other than ustvnow), that would be awesome. The ustvnow plugin as I understand is not being updated, so it seems to be finicky.

If it stutters with higher bitrate its either the fault of the ustvnow servers or one of your isp's servers. I have 50mbps down cable and the majority of youtube videos cant play without buffering on any quality. If it isnt cached on one of their servers and has to be fetched from somewhere else the backbone connection between those remote servers and the one servicing my area is just too crappy to deliver the video in less time than it takes to play. There are forums full of comcast users complaining about this.

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - learningit - 2013-09-09

(2013-09-09, 19:24)RGB_Gamer Wrote: I will have to see what version of the ustvnow plugin I have. I can play recordings, but recordings/live TV stutter if I set the bitrate above 400kbps, and I am on 30mbps cable.

If you could somehow get recordings included into the tvguide (or another app other than ustvnow), that would be awesome. The ustvnow plugin as I understand is not being updated, so it seems to be finicky.
I would say that's a problem with your internet provider. I run on a 10mbps link and get 720p quality for CBS,NBC,ABC and Fox, which I believe is the highest setting ustvnow has. I get CW, PBS and My9 at 480p.
There's no stuttering or delay in the stream. If the stuttering occurs while playing movies as well, you might want to the forums for issues with how the audio is configured. in the past, I understand that certain audio settings could cause stuttering.

If you only have 400k, 750k and 1024k settings available on the add-on, you probably won't have 720p.

I don't think that integrating recordings into the tv guide add-on would be a good investment of someone's time. The better, longer term approach would be use the pvr front-end in XBMC and create a back-end interface for ustvnow. Some folks are working on a backend which can take in internet streams and record them, so that might be a way to get the functionality as well.

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - RGB_Gamer - 2013-09-09

USTVnow is the only plugin with stuttering issues. All others I use like Navi-X, YouTube, and offline videos work fine. Ustvnow plugin does not display any bitrate beyond 1024kbps, but that may be since I do not have an HD subscription.

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - spanktastic2120 - 2013-09-09

(2013-09-09, 20:37)RGB_Gamer Wrote: USTVnow is the only plugin with stuttering issues. All others I use like Navi-X, YouTube, and offline videos work fine. Ustvnow plugin does not display any bitrate beyond 1024kbps, but that may be since I do not have an HD subscription.

If you pause for a few seconds and then hit play does it still stutter? Have you tried it on multiple machines?

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - dCypher - 2013-09-10

Rock on @learningit, I will give that a go tonight or tomorrow and report back! Cheers for that.

I am on their full plan (all channels and dvr) and get 720p when I select 1024k.

I am not experiencing any stutterings issues with USTVNow; I'm on a 15mbit plan. Perhaps tuning your router may help?

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - RGB_Gamer - 2013-09-10

If i pause foe any more than like, 15-30 seconds, it stutters

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - spanktastic2120 - 2013-09-10

(2013-09-10, 02:44)RGB_Gamer Wrote: If i pause foe any more than like, 15-30 seconds, it stutters

Stutters for a few seconds and then continues playing normally?
Is it both live and recordings? You shouldnt be pausing live video, xbmc really just cant do that.

Yeah, my doesn't like pausing at all. A couple seconds perhaps, but otherwise the stream breaks and I have to restart it.

On a side note, I am still struggling with accessing my recordings... frustrating since I subscribes primarily for that feature, and since subscribing, I can't access it. (sorry, just venting to people who can understand)

Took a look at the TV Guide integration. That seems way over my head. Is there package that has all this available for download somewhere?

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - RGB_Gamer - 2013-09-10

@spanktastic2120,

I don't even try to pause live video since I am never home to watch live video. Recordings have the pause/stutter issue.

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - dmdsoftware - 2013-09-10

RGB_Gamer, what device are you using.

Just FYI, I get the stuttering effect on my Raspberry Pi on some of the SD streams, such as CW. It is chronic -- always happens. The audio and video eventually become out of sync, and I have to stop and start the stream again to resync. I have played with every damn setting on the Pi, tried many updates, and tried other pis. I haven't witnessed this on any HD streams (FOX, CBS, etc). Tried with different overclocking settings etc. The pi isn't being overworked, etc, either.

Doesn't happen to me on the ATV2 XBMC or on the laptop through XBMC. So I've always attributed it to a Raspberry Pi shortfall.

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - RGB_Gamer - 2013-09-11

I habe a G-Box Midnight 2.2 . I only get stuttering on ustvnow.

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - learningit - 2013-09-11

(2013-09-10, 12:08)dCypher Wrote: Took a look at the TV Guide integration. That seems way over my head. Is there package that has all this available for download somewhere?

If there's interest, I could create a repo for the modified ustvnow addon. I have the .strm files for the basic channels, but someone would need to create the files for the other channels. The biggest pain is that you need to run mc2xml for the listing info every couple of weeks. You will need to get a copy of mc2xml and set it up properly. I have a batch for windows and the .chl files, but mc2xml isn't perfect and often doesn't have data for a couple of channels which can be annoying. I'm not sure if there's a version of mc2xml for anything other than windows.

Also be aware that you have to individually configure the .strm file for each channel in tvguide. A database savvy person can use a SQLite browser to speed the work up, but it takes a bit.

I don't want to turn this into a project that I need to constantly maintain but I'm willing to get folks started.

[RELEASE] ustvnow - j2048b - 2013-09-11

(2013-09-11, 00:24)learningit Wrote:
(2013-09-10, 12:08)dCypher Wrote: Took a look at the TV Guide integration. That seems way over my head. Is there package that has all this available for download somewhere?

If there's interest, I could create a repo for the modified ustvnow addon. I have the .strm files for the basic channels, but someone would need to create the files for the other channels. The biggest pain is that you need to run mc2xml for the listing info every couple of weeks. You will need to get a copy of mc2xml and set it up properly. I have a batch for windows and the .chl files, but mc2xml isn't perfect and often doesn't have data for a couple of channels which can be annoying. I'm not sure if there's a version of mc2xml for anything other than windows.

Also be aware that you have to individually configure the .strm file for each channel in tvguide. A database savvy person can use a SQLite browser to speed the work up, but it takes a bit.

I don't want to turn this into a project that I need to constantly maintain but I'm willing to get folks started.

Sorry man id be out... To much work... And not enough time or knowledge to do this...

As isaid before im totally lost as to y all these people r having issues with ustvnow... I already gave a suggestion that was posed to me from ustvnow and that was to email support... Submit a trouble ticket... To cancel ur account due to nothing working...Cancel ur account under what ever email u used to begin with... Once deleted ( u should receive an email when its deleted) and then go and re register under the same email and it has worked fine for me ever since... Some r still in 720p and others are sd... And its been about a month... Watch live football games and what ever show is on and have not had an issue since i followed their directions... Im sorry but going to these lengths and all the other stuff people are trying to do has not yielded the results people are after... Ive done the steps above and it yielded the results the app was destined to do: GIVE ME LIVE TV FROM EAST COAST... Along w live football and tv! Take my advice for what it is worth: And i have yet to see anyone follow this advice... If 1 more person would do this... And let us know what happens on ur end...we can see if it will work for others as well!?

I maybe off with what ive said but it worked! And have had no problems up to this date!

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - dCypher - 2013-09-11

@RGB

That's because Recording are streams as well. XBMC doesn't usually handle the pausing of streaming data very elegantly.

@learningit

That would be a great leap forward. I've spent the last several hours trying to set it up with some successes, but many road bumps. It seems I could probably fill in the blanks in your repo (and once I do, repost them up for you or whomever) if I could get a running start at it.