Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Dharma - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: XeeBo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] XeeBo - Dharma (/showthread.php?tid=100334)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- Hitcher - 2011-07-17

Abrasher Wrote:EDIT: Let me first say that I love the skin! It is absolutely the best build for a remote based TV (ie APT). I have downloaded and installed every skin that I could access over the past 5 days... at least 25-30. All had lag, bad remote functionality, graphics that slowed the processor, or ill conceived user experience. GREAT JOB!

I am having some issues with the home screen functions regarding the recently added lists. I would love to port in the random feature to all of these. Just like the top panel, but separated into each category. Is this something that would be safe for me to attempt on my own?

Meaning could I simply take an code segment from another skin and retro fit it into yours? If so, where are these Home Screen items located... HOME.XML?

Just change all the Latest... to Random... items.

- Kalliban - 2011-07-17

Abrasher Wrote:I will absolutely try that. Do I need to download that script from
somewhere... Or is it already packed into xeebo?

They are already there, just change the xml-file. Smile

- e-Nano - 2011-07-18

Hi, really awesome skin!
A little feature request: Is possible to enable/disable recently added items in the main screen? the reason is because I´m using an old Asus eee netbook to run it and is the only item relatively slow (everything else is really smooth).
Thanks a lot.

- umOuch - 2011-07-18

Kalliban Wrote:They are already there, just change the xml-file. Smile

Any help would be appreciated. I have looked inside the XMBX/addons/skin.xeebo/720/...

I can see the HOME.xml, but i cannot find the LATEST or RANDOM XML. Are these located in a different files?

Thanks for any and all help guys!Nod

EDIT: THANK YOU HITCHER. I passed right over your post. I just made the changes and it is AWESOME. even loads a bit quiker, or so it seems.

Is there any way for me to direct a view of random apps installed. Something that I could label "FEATURED APPS" and have it pull randomly form either video addons or program addons?

- lunerceli - 2011-07-18

When will the pre-eden version be out? I currently can't use this skin because I am running a nightly build. It doesn't even show up for me to download anymore.. : ( I used to love running this skin. Thanks for all your hard work Hitcher.

- Swifty - 2011-07-18

Same here, I got all excited when I saw the eden post the other day until I opened it :p

Patiently waiting to butcher PVR into it Big Grin

- Hitcher - 2011-07-18

e-Nano Wrote:Hi, really awesome skin!
A little feature request: Is possible to enable/disable recently added items in the main screen? the reason is because I´m using an old Asus eee netbook to run it and is the only item relatively slow (everything else is really smooth).
Thanks a lot.

You can always set XBMC to start in another window -

Settings > Appearance > Startup Window

- Hitcher - 2011-07-18

Abrasher Wrote:Any help would be appreciated. I have looked inside the XMBX/addons/skin.xeebo/720/...

I can see the HOME.xml, but i cannot find the LATEST or RANDOM XML. Are these located in a different files?

EDIT: THANK YOU HITCHER. I passed right over your post. I just made the changes and it is AWESOME. even loads a bit quiker, or so it seems.

Is there any way for me to direct a view of random apps installed. Something that I could label "FEATURED APPS" and have it pull randomly form either video addons or program addons?

The latest RandomItems script will in fact pull Addons as well but it only works on nightly XBMC builds.

- Hitcher - 2011-07-18

lunerceli Wrote:When will the pre-eden version be out? I currently can't use this skin because I am running a nightly build. It doesn't even show up for me to download anymore.. : ( I used to love running this skin. Thanks for all your hard work Hitcher.

Swifty Wrote:Same here, I got all excited when I saw the eden post the other day until I opened it :p

Patiently waiting to butcher PVR into it Big Grin

I'm working on it right now but decided to add more Weather.com+ support as well.

- Kalliban - 2011-07-20

Abrasher Wrote:Any help would be appreciated. I have looked inside the XMBX/addons/skin.xeebo/720/...

Open HOME.xml in any texteditor, search for "script.recentlyadded" and replace it with "script.randomitems". Smile

- maara - 2011-07-21

It would be really great if there is a possibility to customize (enable/disable) the main screen items.
For example I'd like to have "favorite" instead of "recommended" on my main screen...
I know there is possibility to set a start page but 1)Its not possible to set it to "TV Series" 2)Its not always wanted to get directly to a category instead of the main dashboard.

- Hitcher - 2011-07-21

Kalliban Wrote:Open HOME.xml in any texteditor, search for "script.recentlyadded" and replace it with "script.randomitems". Smile
Already answered -
Hitcher Wrote:Just change all the Latest... to Random... items.

Hitcher Wrote:The latest RandomItems script will in fact pull Addons as well but it only works on nightly XBMC builds.

- Hitcher - 2011-07-21

maara Wrote:It would be really great if there is a possibility to customize (enable/disable) the main screen items.
For example I'd like to have "favorite" instead of "recommended" on my main screen...
I know there is possibility to set a start page but 1)Its not possible to set it to "TV Series" 2)Its not always wanted to get directly to a category instead of the main dashboard.

And again -

Hitcher Wrote:Any Home customisation will wait until I see how it's implemented by XBMC itself and also when skin settings are controlled by the Addon settings.

I'll have at look at adding the flags to the other views but it will mean the cover parts of the posters.

Thanks again Hitcher - umOuch - 2011-07-22

Thanks again Hitcher. All of your snips have been very helpful! Sorry if my questions have led to other people doing duplicate posts.

I was wondering if you new whether or not I could post a nightly build on an APPLE TV. You said that I could set up to pull form my ad-ons but only in nightly builds. I am unsure if they are compatible with aTV

- exobuzz - 2011-07-22

Skin just gets better and better. Loving the larger keyboard, and the short skip buttons.

on my touchscreen when there is a large number of entries in a list, it can be a bit fiddly to use the scrollbar. Would be nice to have some way to scroll up and down perhaps a page at a time with a button or popup nav or something.