Kodi Community Forum
Mascot Contest - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Mascot Contest (/showthread.php?tid=100434)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- da-anda - 2011-05-07

poor Ecksby is lacking a second pair of legs Wink But acutally I like the idea of not having a second pair - makes it more "special" - it's a dragonseal. But I'd also drop the CAT5 plug.

- anarchintosh - 2011-05-07

My favourites so far are MHarter's basilisk and Blaize's chameleon (except Chameleon the open source bootloader and Suse linux both use chameleons)

mharters basilisk FTW!

imho cute mascots are f*ckin annoying, and make me feel murderous.

mharter Wrote:Image

- paul - 2011-05-07

htpc guy Wrote:Here he is in full color
Another Forum Member helped with the name. This is Ecksby!Laugh
and the orignial B&W

I like both versions. Both could be used for specific applications. I can see the black version being used with the XBMC logo and the color version used on the XBMC.org site.
now that looks fantastic in color, would make a great splash screen at the very least. I hope this one wins as its bar far the best. Cool

- htpc guy - 2011-05-07

da-anda Wrote:poor Ecksby is lacking a second pair of legs Wink But acutally I like the idea of not having a second pair - makes it more "special" - it's a dragonseal. But I'd also drop the CAT5 plug.

Yes Ecksby has back legs. They are obscured by his tail. Think of how a cat sits and their legs just seem to disappear.

I had a line in there on the B&W version to highlight the back leg but then I omitted it for simplicity. I've added a bit more detail to show the leg. I've also added in some more detail on the tail to highlight that it is a network cable. I don't want to add anymore detail into the tail because then it won't match the simplicity of the design.

Montellese Wrote:Actually I just did that yesterday and she found that it's a nice way of showing that it's something "computer-related" (her words).

I like the B&W version of Ecksby but I'm not sure on the colored version. There I wouldn't have recognized the plug if I wouldn't have known from the B&W version.

I know all about this. I work in Tech Support. Here is my average call....
Me: Your computer is not on the network. Can you make sure the network cable is plugged in.

Them: What's that?

Me: It looks like a really fat phone cable.

Them: OhSad

Anyway, here is a version with more detail.

- pike - 2011-05-07

where's that mouth ? :p

- htpc guy - 2011-05-07

pike Wrote:where's that mouth ? :p

He's cuter without.Wink

- pike - 2011-05-07

poor lil dragon can't breathe fire Sad

- htpc guy - 2011-05-07

pike Wrote:poor lil dragon can't breathe fire Sad

Just for you Pike.

- scales - 2011-05-07

So I am no design pro. I did use a free image for the body but did a lot myself. I will try to create 100% my own. Check it out. Image

- migueld - 2011-05-07

htpc guy I really like your concept however what's that box at the end of his tail? cigarettes box? Wink

- Jezz_X - 2011-05-08

migueld Wrote:htpc guy I really like your concept however what's that box at the end of his tail? cigarettes box? Wink

lol if you read back to the original its a cat 5 plug

I thought it may be better if it curled back the other way so you can see the front and it was a hdmi plug

- VegaOrion - 2011-05-08

I like the detail on the CAT5. Very nice. Anyhoo. I got bored again and decided to play with the doodlehead some more, just for kicks and giggles.

http://grab.by/a4ES

- stoli - 2011-05-08

Jezz_X Wrote:lol if you read back to the original its a cat 5 plug

I thought it may be better if it curled back the other way so you can see the front and it was a hdmi plug

I like that idea over the cat5 even if it isn't obvious. Just a flat end to the tail with the hdmi tapered sides....maybe a hint of 'gold' to denote the connector?

- b00zer - 2011-05-08

Jezz_X Wrote:lol if you read back to the original its a cat 5 plug

Yeah, if just after the front leg it turns back you'll be able to represent the RJ45 or HDMI cable better.

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2011-05-08

htpc guy Wrote:Just for you Pike.

what if you changed the colors to black and green to represent the xbox?