Kodi Community Forum
Mascot Contest - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Mascot Contest (/showthread.php?tid=100434)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- mkortstiege - 2011-05-17

LOST's Dharma.

- da-anda - 2011-05-17

rasluht Wrote:Here my Submission

Nice idea, but the blue eye isn't very easy to recognize, so I'd make it white/transparent for the logo version (standalone could still glow blue though)

- da-anda - 2011-05-17

vdrfan Wrote:LOST's Dharma.

That'll be a hard one I think, because there's nothing remarkable besides of probably their overalls. Could give it try though - but don't expect anything in the next two or three days though (got a consuming job atm).

- mkortstiege - 2011-05-17

da-anda Wrote:That'll be a hard one I think, because there's nothing remarkable besides of probably their overalls. Could give it try though - but don't expect anything in the next two or three days though (got a consuming job atm).

No problem. Was just wondering how Zapy might look in a Dharma suit Wink

- roguesailor - 2011-05-17

rasluht Wrote:Here my Submission

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Makes me think of Backtrack : http://www.backtrack-linux.org/screenshots/

- darkscout - 2011-05-17

da-anda Wrote:That'll be a hard one I think, because there's nothing remarkable besides of probably their overalls. Could give it try though - but don't expect anything in the next two or three days though (got a consuming job atm).

Well. Since you're planning a 'Dharma' one. I'd like to toss out a Eden and Frodo one too.

- natethomas - 2011-05-17

darkscout Wrote:Well. Since you're planning a 'Dharma' one. I'd like to toss out a Eden and Frodo one too.

Oooh. I'd love to see a hobbit version of Zapy.

more sloth mockups - grumpygamer - 2011-05-17

Here is the T-Shirt mockup idea, I hope you guys can "see" it Smile
If I have time I will develop another idea that came to mind when I was sketching this one, still here it is:

It seems most people are trying to give the mascot more positions and expressions so I sketched a couple to give an idea of how they could be:

here are some other ideas that I discarded previously, I wanted to share them here too.
I have loads more but not worth of mention

I am still working on the logo which is nearly done Smile
As always comments are welcome

-gg

- da-anda - 2011-05-18

vdrfan Wrote:No problem. Was just wondering how Zapy might look in a Dharma suit Wink
While driving in the car I had a nice idea for it - let's see Smile

darkscout Wrote:Well. Since you're planning a 'Dharma' one. I'd like to toss out a Eden and Frodo one too.
natethomas Wrote:Oooh. I'd love to see a hobbit version of Zapy.

hey hey hey, hold on guys - first gimme your votes Wink

Nah, just kidding. While Frodo shouldn't be a problem I think (probably only time wise), I have no clue what a Eden version could/should look like. Eden like what Eden? Garden Eden? I know you're refering to the XBMC codename, but I haven't found a info about the naming decision (probably to stupid to find it in the wiki).

- da-anda - 2011-05-18

grumpygamer Wrote:It seems most people are trying to give the mascot more positions and expressions so I sketched a couple to give an idea of how they could be:

here are some other ideas that I discarded previously, I wanted to share them here too.
I have loads more but not worth of mention

nice sketches, but the fishes are clearly inspired by "Finding Nemo" and for my taste to close to the originals. And every time I see a worm I have to think either about the games Worms or Earthworm Jim - although your's looks different. I'm eager for more to come.

- gr8r-x - 2011-05-18

da-anda Wrote:Nah, just kidding. While Frodo shouldn't be a problem I think (probably only time wise), I have no clue what a Eden version could/should look like. Eden like what Eden? Garden Eden? I know you're refering to the XBMC codename, but I haven't found a info about the naming decision (probably to stupid to find it in the wiki).

Pretty sure it's Garden of Eden - so naked holding a leaf sould be apt. Laugh

- joebrady - 2011-05-18

Just put a fig leaf on him. Smile

I could see a plush head of a mascot that hangs on your tv and peeks over like in that sketch below.

- grumpygamer - 2011-05-18

Quote:nice sketches, but the fishes are clearly inspired by "Finding Nemo" and for my taste to close to the originals. And every time I see a worm I have to think either about the games Worms or Earthworm Jim - although your's looks different. I'm eager for more to come.
well actually I haven't even seen the Finding Nemo movie... but the character style has a disney (and don bluth) influence if that's what you're saying, so I assume you might be correct. I agree on the worm too, but I DID say those sketches have been discarded, they were just a quick share.

- joethefox - 2011-05-18

@da-anda, don't forget the zapy's tuxedo for day Monday, June 13th Laugh

- User 77203 - 2011-05-18

joethefox Wrote:@da-anda, don't forget the zapy's tuxedo for day Monday, June 13th Laugh

AKA James Bond. "Licence to thrill" Laugh