Kodi Community Forum
Mascot Contest - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Mascot Contest (/showthread.php?tid=100434)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- radiantdreamer - 2011-05-30

monkeysez Wrote:@Radiant dreamer, you are very talented, but I dont really like the anime look to xbmc. Stick to something more gender neutral and more family friendly and id vote for ya. the zappy and the X fish thingy looks great. My xbmc is in my sitting room and i dont want to be the anime guy to all my friends and family that come over.

Anime is nothing to be ashamed of. To each their own, I guess. But you do have a point. Not everyone is into anime for whatever reason.

So I quickly made a new mascot more in line with what I've been seeing on here so far:

I'll probably tweak it a bit, like outline the headphones, but the general idea is there.

I'll probably try making an Xbox Media Cat too... get it XBMC? Laugh

- grumpygamer - 2011-05-30

monkeysez Wrote:@Radiant dreamer, you are very talented, but I dont really like the anime look to xbmc. Stick to something more gender neutral and more family friendly and id vote for ya. the zappy and the X fish thingy looks great. My xbmc is in my sitting room and i dont want to be the anime guy to all my friends and family that come over.

+1

Vector version - DavidC.Code - 2011-05-30

Interesting posts! I love the fish idea, it is really simple and clean!

For myself, I nw got a a vector version of my mascot.

I know it looks more like an illustration, but I made it all for the cause of a beautiful t-shirt. You can check it out as I a posting both!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63371744@N06/5776610742/in/photostream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63371744@N06/5776668738/in/photostream/lightbox/

Hope you enjoy! more to come! Big Grin

- monkeysez - 2011-05-30

@radiantdreamer, now you are on the right track! im interested to see the cat as well!

Second attempt at making the Xbox Media Monkey look cuter, and created some facial expressions for it too.

BTW, thanks guys for all the feedback so far! I definitely appreciate it!

- htpc guy - 2011-05-30

radiantdreamer Wrote:Second attempt at making the Xbox Media Monkey look cuter, and created some facial expressions for it too.

Looks great but there is a program called Media Monkey that plays/organizes music files.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

- Montellese - 2011-05-30

radiantdreamer Wrote:So I quickly made a new mascot more in line with what I've been seeing on here so far:

I'll probably tweak it a bit, like outline the headphones, but the general idea is there.

I'll probably try making an Xbox Media Cat too... get it XBMC? Laugh

I wouldn't name it xbox media monkey because XBMC does not support the xbox platform anymore and the X in XBMC does not stand for xbox.

- Holkis - 2011-05-30

I've been playing around with my angry lemming again.
Here he is enjoying photography, probably of naked lemmings.

I've played around with some colouring too:

And here's my shirt design, simple and plain:

htpc guy Wrote:Looks great but there is a program called Media Monkey that plays/organizes music files.

Montellese Wrote:I wouldn't name it xbox media monkey because XBMC does not support the xbox platform anymore and the X in XBMC does not stand for xbox.

Ah well. It's just a name anyway. He could be called "Bobo The XBMC Monkey" really. :3

.. what does it stand for now, anyway? I've had my XBMC running since the original Xbox days.

- marv_el - 2011-05-31

x stands for xbmc ;-)

organic version - joen - 2011-05-31

i finished my "organic" version:

ImageImageImage Image

XBMC mascot - Morph - Noddy Jnr - 2011-05-31

Hi everyone. Didn't see this little comp until late on but managed to put something together.

I thought about what made XBMC unique to any other media player hub available. For me it was XBMCs ability to be customised to work exactly how the user wants it. Whether that be functionality or in appearance with a wide array of skins. Which then those can be customised if you want.

So to me the only animal that could portray this unique ability was the Chameleon.

So I would like to introduce you to Morph.

Morph is named from the word metamorphose which is a verb meaning to change the appearance of completely, which I feel is fitting for both a chameleon and XBMC.

In this image I tried to show Morphs ability to fit into any situation that he might be needed to be in. Whether he needs to play dress up as a pirate or Ninja Tongue And how he is still recognisable in various positions and facial expressions.

Hope you guy like him.

PS. well done to the other entries. There are some really nice design appearing Big Grin

- seand - 2011-05-31

wmclain Wrote:Thanks marv_el

Thanks pseudo7...does this look more fish like

I think the smile and more expressive eye really makes it a lot clearer how to read this visually. Really makes it more of a mascot, less of an abstract logo. Its good.

- rflores2323 - 2011-05-31

Noddy Jnr Wrote:Hi everyone. Didn't see this little comp until late on but managed to put something together.

I thought about what made XBMC unique to any other media player hub available. For me it was XBMCs ability to be customised to work exactly how the user wants it. Whether that be functionality or in appearance with a wide array of skins. Which then those can be customised if you want.

So to me the only animal that could portray this unique ability was the Chameleon.

So I would like to introduce you to Morph.

Morph is named from the word metamorphose which is a verb meaning to change the appearance of completely, which I feel is fitting for both a chameleon and XBMC.

In this image I tried to show Morphs ability to fit into any situation that he might be needed to be in. Whether he needs to play dress up as a pirate or Ninja Tongue And how he is still recognisable in various positions and facial expressions.

Hope you guy like him.

PS. well done to the other entries. There are some really nice design appearing Big Grin

Wow.. great design and awesome work. I really like him.

Moprh T shirt design - Noddy Jnr - 2011-05-31

Placed some of the images onto a t shirt to show what he could potentially look like.