Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden (/showthread.php?tid=100882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- ikarusx3 - 2011-06-27

Jimmeh Wrote:Thanks for the clarification, I had a feeling there was a reason it was like that.

I did try to implement your suggestion before my post, but it will only allow local directories. I am unable to point it to an smb share despite having one mounting in the file manager.

Add the smb share to your fstab, this way its shown as local to xbmc. i send screenshots to my server this way...

- nmirza - 2011-06-27

Thanks! i appreciate you taking the time to develop this awesome skin for the community and also considering all the suggestions.

Just one more thing i thought i'd throw out there. whats the consensus on the power settings as part of system, vs the old top bar power button? Personally i loved the top bar power because i could exit anytime quickly by doing up up ok ok on my harmony remote on the homescreen regardless of which menu item i was on. Now i have to find systems, then the power settings. Is this placement final or room for changes?

Another thing i noticed was the transitioning on home screen when navigating left right from item to item. In the original version it was more of a scrolling effect say when you went from movies to tv shows. Now its an immediate screen change, i.e. it just displays a new image. Is this a beta thing, or is this how you intend it to be?

scarfa Wrote:I'll see what I can do. I don't want to think about themes until I get an RC out.

Look in the images folder: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/179871/XBMC/Release/Rapier_v3.06.zip

- noumenon - 2011-06-27

Love the skin. Rapier has been my default for a while now.

I did notice one bug, however: when using the audio offset, the text is cut off and the actual amount of time in seconds is not displayed.

noumenon

- scarfa - 2011-06-27

ikarusx3 Wrote:I found an error in the MusicOSD:

The nofocus image for visualization seems to be off:

Looks fine over here. I did a quick check its pointing to the right texture.

- scarfa - 2011-06-27

chilly Wrote:I just did a fresh install of everything and tried rapier again, and I'm getting the same sorting problem I had last year. This is 10.1 with 4.00B2. Everything else seems to be OK, but the sort/order options are greyed out in my movie listing. AND they are working wrong...

Currently greyed out and say:
"Sort By: name"
"Order By: ascending"

And wrong, because the are sorting by name, but descending (ie. Z is first).

Unfortunately, I can't remember how I fixed it last time Sad

If sorting is greyed out it means you are in a node that doesn't have sorting options. It is strange that it is happening in the movie listing. However try this to see if it fixes it:

Open includes_MenuBar.xml in 720p folder and search for all instances of:

<enable>!Container.SortDirection(None)</enable>

and delete it.

- scarfa - 2011-06-27

nmirza Wrote:Thanks! i appreciate you taking the time to develop this awesome skin for the community and also considering all the suggestions.

Just one more thing i thought i'd throw out there. whats the consensus on the power settings as part of system, vs the old top bar power button? Personally i loved the top bar power because i could exit anytime quickly by doing up up ok ok on my harmony remote on the homescreen regardless of which menu item i was on. Now i have to find systems, then the power settings. Is this placement final or room for changes?

Putting it on top has its own set of problems. I am happy where its placed right now although I understand sometimes its not ideal. If you're using a remote its probably more convenient to bind one of the buttons to open up the shutdown dialog.

nmirza Wrote:Another thing i noticed was the transitioning on home screen when navigating left right from item to item. In the original version it was more of a scrolling effect say when you went from movies to tv shows. Now its an immediate screen change, i.e. it just displays a new image. Is this a beta thing, or is this how you intend it to be?

Intended. Rapier 3 had the same effect.

- scarfa - 2011-06-27

noumenon Wrote:Love the skin. Rapier has been my default for a while now.

I did notice one bug, however: when using the audio offset, the text is cut off and the actual amount of time in seconds is not displayed.

noumenon

Not sure what you mean. Can you clarify?

- chilly - 2011-06-28

scarfa Wrote:Open includes_MenuBar.xml in 720p folder and search for all instances of:

<enable>!Container.SortDirection(None)</enable> and delete it.

Great! Thanks Scarfa, that worked perfectly. FWIW, I deleted it from two places - under the 401-"Sort By" and 404-"Order By" sections.

- ikarusx3 - 2011-06-28

scarfa Wrote:Looks fine over here. I did a quick check its pointing to the right texture.

That made me wonder, so i set up a fresh xbmc on a windows machine, with Rapier4b2, and the error is exactly the same (the other screenshot was from my htpc running ubuntu)

- scarfa - 2011-06-28

ikarusx3 Wrote:That made me wonder, so i set up a fresh xbmc on a windows machine, with Rapier4b2, and the error is exactly the same (the other screenshot was from my htpc running ubuntu)

Figured out I was running with uncompressed textures hence why I didn't encounter the problem. Seems like the texture packing process marked the problematic button texture as a duplicate (when it isn't). To fix it, I made tiny alterations to the texture so the file size changes. All working now.

Quick fix: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/179871/XBMC/Fixes/textures.xbt

- gerryyoung1977 - 2011-06-28

Scarfa

Love your skin but one thing prevents me from using it, the blue background when in system or when in music (mine is not in library mode).

Can you offer an option to change this background to black or show me a way-around on how to achieve this.

- Stranger - 2011-06-28

gerryyoung1977 Wrote:Scarfa

Love your skin but one thing prevents me from using it, the blue background when in system or when in music (mine is not in library mode).

Can you offer an option to change this background to black or show me a way-around on how to achieve this.

Settings > Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Default

Pick a Single image or Multi Image

Here are some backdrops I've used in the past...

-

- Stranger - 2011-06-28

Here are some backdrops I've used in the past...

Image Image Image Image Image Image

(These images have been taken from various sources over a period of time)

- Baswazz - 2011-06-28

Really nice Scarfa. The nice effects are really a pleasure.
One thing when i am in the homescreen on movies, the recently added text is a little hard to read on my 32 inch LCD.

Edit: When i choose a default background, i see the background is also in the settings menu. But that makes the settings hard to read. Can you make it the default blue or maybey a bit darker.

- Juno - 2011-06-28

@scarfa
How can i change default font (Futura?) to another one on home screen to have my diacritic marks?
Anyway GJ!