[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 (/showthread.php?tid=100882)
- PatOso - 2011-06-22 22:47
You're doing it again
- scarfa - 2011-06-23 04:05
1. Some people have commented they didn't like the white top bar in Rapier 3, others loved it. It's hard to please everyone plus the design has evolved since then and I don't think it will look as good. Maybe a colour theme perhaps in the future?
2. Have you downloaded beta 2? Theres a skin option to set a global default background of your choosing. You can try to find my old one and set it as default. With this new background I am trying to maintain a smooth, subtle, pro look throughout the skin. The old background is textured and very rough which looked okay at the time for my old design.
3. I am in agreement here. Sometimes I do not want to see the end time also. There will be an option for the next update.
- scarfa - 2011-06-23 05:03
This is a very good post, so I will take my time to answer it!
1. I like these mockups and you have the right idea. I can make them as a view style for thumbnail view. Expect to see it in the next update.
2. I will think about it although I haven't heard much complaints about it (actually none at all). Putting in a option is easy but sometimes I have to consider if its worth it if only a few people use it.
3. Will think about it although low priority.
4. I'd like it if people used the submenus to add their items especially if it belongs in the other categories. Having 4 extra slots for home items I think is a fair amount. After all you end up scrolling too much with more menu items. Of course I can add more but that is just a luxury and thus low priority.
5. Fanart transparency, do you mean change the dimness level? Edit the file includes_Backgrounds.xml in the 720p folder. The section you are looking for are FanartDim and CustomBackgroundDim. Change the fade value to your liking.
6. The full sources will be available once the skin gets an official release. If you want to fool around with the beta textures just PM me.
7. Will look into it.
8. Yes this is true.
9. I am planning on changing banner style for list views to include such data on the second line.
10. Low priority.
11. Will look into it.
12. Settings->Appearance disable "Show RSS news feeds"
13. Will look into it.
14. a.) Kiosk mode is suppose to disable the submenus. Isn't that the point to make it more simple?
b.) Most view options are specific to the view and content (movies, tv shows, episodes, etc). So if you turned on enable fanart for thumbnail view in movies it doesn't apply to any other views and content. However the setting to enable fanart for tv shows in thumbnail view seems to be missing so that needs to be fixed.
- activate - 2011-06-23 07:26
loggio Wrote:It's the tv logos script. Just install the skin manually.If you mean by zip file, then thats how I have been installing it.
scarfa Wrote:Not running nightlies but I think the addons repo for nightlies is separate from stable so some scripts might not have been updated and marked compatible to go into that repo.
Mate, do you mean the svn installer. Anyway, if i try to install it via the repo, which one is it ? I have always been downloading the file directly.
- epoke - 2011-06-23 10:18
Thanks for supporting to select lyrics and subtitles scripts.
I've found some issues.
Win7. Dharma 10.1
Can't see music info on fullscreen visualization. I can see progress bar only.
Ipad. 10.0-8 for iOS
Can't see osd menu on fullscreen video. Tap does not work. beta1 have no problem.
Recently added album widget is not campatible with nightly build.
- nmirza - 2011-06-23 16:08
thanks scarfa. I did download beta 2, and i like it alot, apart from the couple of things i noted. I realize the skin is an evolution on the older one, and obviously that means things will change and you don't just want to give us the same thing as before updated with couple of things here and there.
1-theme would be great. If i recall correctly in the previous verison (or maybe it was in one of the mods?) there was an option to have a blue/black/grey/white top bar. Can we have something like that back, or a blue/black/white theme please.
2-yes i saw this option yesterday. Can you provide me a link to the older background? i did try to get used to the newer bg, maybe its my tv, but it still seems a bit too sharp and bright, and also when its dim i see alot of layering in the bg. again, maybe just my tv. but i would still like to set the old blue textured bg.
3-awesome. finally no more editing the xml file. Basically the only way to see time bar, and other option for bookmarks, favourites, open subtitles, etc is by presing menu to pop up osd. I'm sure you know the setting i'm talking about.
I'm still having difficulty getting used to the new black and white toggle switch after an hour of use yesterday my settings were all over the place. I'm sure i'll settle in with time.
- Stranger - 2011-06-23 16:09
scarfa Wrote:2. I will think about it although I haven't heard much complaints about it (actually none at all). Putting in a option is easy but sometimes I have to consider if its worth it if only a few people use it.
I do not dislike the design of the icons, its the repetitiveness I find distracting. I can understand why no ones complained since they are really nice icons. After browsing around last night I realised how useful they are in file views, especially search results. Although they look great in those scenarios, I would still love the option to disable them in library views and the recently added widgets. If no one else picks up on this suggestion I can totally understand how it wouldn't be worth implementing.
scarfa Wrote:4. I'd like it if people used the submenus to add their items especially if it belongs in the other categories. Having 4 extra slots for home items I think is a fair amount. After all you end up scrolling too much with more menu items. Of course I can add more but that is just a luxury and thus low priority.
The people who use my setup are useless at navigating XBMC, even with the great submenu indicators you have made I find myself directing people. Custom home items help split libraries up and provide easy access to every day add-ons. With the kiosk mode disabling the sub-menus (and my friends & families reluctance to use them anyway) I find I need more than four additional home items. With eight default categories on the home page I usualy have to disable most of them and tailor a menu. Here is my ideal set-up:
1. Movies (Disable original item and replace with link to the Movie library's root. I should probably just edit the code for this)
2. HD Movies (Smart-Playlist for HD Movie's)
3. Family (Smart-playlist filters suitable Movies for family)
4. TV Shows (Disable original item and linked to a smart-playlist to filter out Anime & Kids TV)
5. Anime (Anime library separated from TV library)
6. Cartoons (Kids TV & Cartoons separated from TV library)
7. Youtube (Link to Youtube app)
8. iPlayer (link to iPlayer app)
9. Default Music
Although I would be using 8 custom items I would still only have 9 items to scroll though. Obviously this is an excessive approach, I would really appreciate any advice you have on achieving this level of accessibility without the need of some of those custom items and sub-menus.
scarfa Wrote:5. There is thread sticky with the psd and action files that automate the process.
- DazNoonan - 2011-06-23 17:15
Just ugraded to Beta 2, the Thumbnail View for TV Shows seems to be missing and you now only have Icon and Big Icon, List etc.. was this intentional? Could we please have it back as its there when you go down a level to choose the season and without having it there for the actual TV Shows then you loose the feel of fluidness....?
- ikarusx3 - 2011-06-23 19:20
Just a quick comment, as i think this hasn't been mentioned before:
In the shutdown menu, in Beta 1 the default menu item was "shutdown"
In Beta 2, it's "Quit XBMC"
I'm not sure if this is intended, but since i want shutdown to be the default (to shut down my htpc with just two buttons and the tv already turned off), i changed the second line in 720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml to:
Other than that, all of my issues seem to have been addressed, although i would like to see ClearArt to be incorporated in the info and pause view of the playing screen. But thats also something i could quickly add in myself...
- activate - 2011-06-24 02:21
1. I have simply copied the folder of an installed version of beta 2 on my mac (stable dharma) over to the nightlies on atv2. Seems to have done the trick. Someone stole my red theme but thats cool. Am happy with blue.
2. All the suggestions people have are cool. I am happy as long as it as fast as it is. Am a little confused about how to enable the new extra thumbnail and extra fannart views ie. I seem to loose fanart/thumbs when I do it. Not sure if it will download extra images or I have to mannually add them.
FYI on difference between running on nightlies and stable.
On the nightlies...
1. Installation required mannual copying of preinstalled folder.
2. Skin is slower - though I think this is skin support on the nightlies...and it doesnt bother me, knowing that its a temp situation, though it might be an extended temp.
3. Some features are missing, eg. Movies - recently added.
4. Network settings - Enable http control - It doesn't save. In other words on restart the settings is always turned off. I am assuming this is a nightlies thing.
5. Oh I noticed going from Home-->Videos-->Video Add ons , took me to the library rather than the add ons.
Overall all good and just figuring out the new views! Ta very much :o
Edit: PS. Your new addition of Music Videos fixes the previous issue for me ie. Music videos are displayed as library.