Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden (/showthread.php?tid=100882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- locomot1f - 2011-08-24

Ah!!!! you can ignore my comment about not working with the latest nightlies... i overlooked this entry!

- locomot1f - 2011-08-24

if you're still taking suggestions:

I definitely like liggio's suggestion #2, i like the image he gave of the option for the submenus!! nice graphic!! I like not seeing the whole submenu above the nav bar. But i just have to say again, I like the way that liggio's graphic looks.

also, i would like to suggest having the option that when you select to have weather on all screens, this still includes the home screen.

lastly. i feel that the little icon of the analog clock is not necessary. is there a way to get rid of it?

other than that. I'm running this skin on my ATV 2 with latest nightlies. Did the manual install, and seems to be working great!
I installed the latest nightly today. At first the colors were all off; somethings were blue other things were orange, and i couldn't use the menu button to go backwards. I was able to reset the skin settings, and restarted my ATV, and that seemed to clear everything up.

we'll have to see with the next nightly if the same thing happens again. I'll keep you posted.

- locomot1f - 2011-08-24

Okay, first bug I've found -- I think...

With the latest nightly http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/xbmc-20110824-2182753-master-atv2.deb

Once I go under the Skin Settings -> Home -> Hide Categories, I can't get out!! it's not frozen. I can still do other operations. But anytime I go back to the Skin Settings screen, it puts me right back. I can not access anything under the Skin Settings.

- nmirza - 2011-08-24

unless you're sick of all the bug reports/suggestions, heres another one. When i go into video, the normal behaviour used to be that I would go straight into file mode, where I would get a list of all my different sources, be able to go into addons, etc. As of the last two betas and the rc, when i go into video, it takes me to whichever one of tv shows or movies I was in right before. So if i was in tv shows - simpsons - season 1, going to video form home screen would take me back to season 1 of the simpsons. If i was in the movies menu with all movies listed, video would take me to movies.

I think its kind of redundant to do it this way, since video's I thought was just a way to quickly be in the base menu to see all your sources for example. As of right now i sometimes have to press back 4 times before i get to my actual video files.

Is it possible to change the behaviour, or to add an option where we can select where we want to go to when pressing on videos. The default previously worked for me, but I can see how some people might like to go to addons as default.

- nfranto - 2011-08-25

How can I get back to movie when I go back to the menu?
So:
1. play a movie
2. go back to menu (don't stop the movie)
3. how to go back to running movie?

- Stranger - 2011-08-25

nfranto Wrote:how can i get back to movie when i go back to the menu?
So:
1. Play a movie
2. Go back to menu (don't stop the movie)
3. How to go back to running movie?

tab

- locomot1f - 2011-08-25

nmirza Wrote:unless you're sick of all the bug reports/suggestions, heres another one. When i go into video, the normal behaviour used to be that I would go straight into file mode, where I would get a list of all my different sources, be able to go into addons, etc. As of the last two betas and the rc, when i go into video, it takes me to whichever one of tv shows or movies I was in right before. So if i was in tv shows - simpsons - season 1, going to video form home screen would take me back to season 1 of the simpsons. If i was in the movies menu with all movies listed, video would take me to movies.

I think its kind of redundant to do it this way, since video's I thought was just a way to quickly be in the base menu to see all your sources for example. As of right now i sometimes have to press back 4 times before i get to my actual video files.

Is it possible to change the behaviour, or to add an option where we can select where we want to go to when pressing on videos. The default previously worked for me, but I can see how some people might like to go to addons as default.

Huh As far as I know... this skin has always operated in this way. It could just be my experience though...

- Hirs - 2011-08-26

I think there is a bug in skin config, once I enter in categories, I can't get back to skin config, esc and backspace gets me back to the home screen, now I can't access other sking settings (not even restarting).

I'm using xbmc pre-eden

- locomot1f - 2011-08-26

Hirs Wrote:I think there is a bug in skin config, once I enter in categories, I can't get back to skin config, esc and backspace gets me back to the home screen, now I can't access other sking settings (not even restarting).

I'm using xbmc pre-eden

yup... already commented on that. Glad to see I'm not alone.
What platform are you using? I'm on ATV 2.

It's only with the nightlies (as you stated). the official build on the ATV 2 works fine.

- daviduco - 2011-08-26

Best skin ever.

And resources usage is minimum.

Big Grin

- Bram77 - 2011-08-26

Second that, though I really wish the 'Videos' home screen option would always link to the files mode for videos .... Wink

- scarfa - 2011-08-27

Bram77 Wrote:Second that, though I really wish the 'Videos' home screen option would always link to the files mode for videos .... Wink

It's always been this way since beta 2. Huh

- `Black - 2011-08-27

<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles)</onclick> is obsolete since MyVideo.xml is deprecated in the pre-Eden nightlies. Use <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Files)</onclick> instead. Smile

Also it's not ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles) anymore but ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles).

- scarfa - 2011-08-27

OK I see, some of you are using nightly builds which I don't support at the moment.

- nmirza - 2011-08-27

scarfa Wrote:It's always been this way since beta 2. Huh
I posted above regarding this, and mine never goes to files mode it always goes to the last category i was in either tv shows or movies.

Also a bug:
I went into customize submenu, and now cant get out of it. pressing back or previous or escape or left button or any of the various buttons i've tried wont get me out of the skin config customize submenu section. Tried exiting xbmc and reentering, and changing skin to something else and back to rapier, it seems permanently stuck in the customize menu dialogue.