Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden (/showthread.php?tid=100882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- DazNoonan - 2011-05-08

Just been trying this on my ATV2, seems to be running okay, I do have a few questions though;

Main Menu

Just wondered if there would be a way to disable sub-menu items just as there is a way to add them? I don't really want any of the default ones under Videos, but would like to add some custom ones.

TV Shows

[1] When viewing TV Shows and your in the screen to select the season the only way you can see the ones you have fully watched (with overlay) is when using Thumbnails, could this be added to the other views in someway please as I like the look of Big Icon but really like to know if I have fully watched the season or not.

[2] Could an overlay to show a TV Show has been fully watched be added to the Wide Icon view as it is in the List Info 2 view?

All Views

Maybe I missed this, or maybe it isn't actually there but I just wondered if there would be a way to hide the breadcrumbs?

-----

Other than the above the skin seems to perform really well and looks fantastic. Will keep testing it, as i've not actually played any media as yet. Great Work so far!!

- Paaa - 2011-05-09

I feel the need to echo everyone else here - the skin is fantastically fast. Thumbs for TV and movies load very fast, its a pleasure to browse a huge (200+ TV shows and 1200ish movies) library with.

- needtotest - 2011-05-09

First - This one is nice and fast. Good work.

Second - I agree with the need for a submenu indicator (this is also needed for touch screens). And the one "loggio" made looks very nice. Maybe something like that can also bee added to the top menu? (again for touch screens)

Third - Can you merge the movies and video menu? (or is it fully costumizable so that I can do that my self?)

Fourth - I need a view that shows the fanart more. (just with covers and fanart and the bottom bar showing the labels if hovering the movie for a longer time - and no text. The view from the second screenshot with iron man 2 would be nice for this - just lower the cover row and remove the text)

Brillinat work so far.

- scarfa - 2011-05-09

loggio Wrote:Scarfa,

holly cow, THE BEST!!

Could i request a PVR version of this skin??
it's killing me to know how much i love this skin, and how i cannot use it because i'm using PVR builds :-(

pretty pretty please??
haha

I would like to add pvr support but I do not use this feature and have no means to skin it without being able to visually test it. I would endorse anyone who wants to take up the challenge and add support for it though.

- scarfa - 2011-05-09

devilshura Wrote:This skin look much better. But I still want to change homecategories text image in to my language.And I found incorrect word "general".
This in new rapier
This is my image text to use in general category it mean "general category"
ImageImage

What language is that and can you provide a text format?

- scarfa - 2011-05-09

grobi1209 Wrote:i haven't installed the skin yet. but it seems to be very nice!!
one question: is there a seperate category for HD-movies?

i will install the skin within the next days when i'll be back at home.

You can add HD movies via skin settings. Either add it as a sub menu or a separate menu item. Then create a smart playlist, add it to favourites, and link to it.

- Mallet21 - 2011-05-09

Thanks for the update!! Will give this test drive when I get home tonight.

- scarfa - 2011-05-09

DazNoonan Wrote:Just been trying this on my ATV2, seems to be running okay, I do have a few questions though;

Main Menu

Just wondered if there would be a way to disable sub-menu items just as there is a way to add them? I don't really want any of the default ones under Videos, but would like to add some custom ones.

You're allowed customize the 7 shortcuts for each sub menu. Adding a custom shortcut will override the default one depending on its placement.

- scarfa - 2011-05-09

needtotest Wrote:First - This one is nice and fast. Good work.

Second - I agree with the need for a submenu indicator (this is also needed for touch screens). And the one "loggio" made looks very nice. Maybe something like that can also bee added to the top menu? (again for touch screens)

Third - Can you merge the movies and video menu? (or is it fully costumizable so that I can do that my self?)

Fourth - I need a view that shows the fanart more. (just with covers and fanart and the bottom bar showing the labels if hovering the movie for a longer time - and no text. The view from the second screenshot with iron man 2 would be nice for this - just lower the cover row and remove the text)

Brillinat work so far.

Go into skin settings and hide videos (or movies?). Then customize the sub menu shortcuts to point to whatever you like.

Wrap info view has an option to show more of the fanart. In view options choose "compact mode".

- scarfa - 2011-05-09

Thanks for the suggestions and bug reports everyone, keep them coming, although please nothing too drastic this late in the game.

Check out my first post to see a list of the things I am looking into for the next beta. I'll keep it updated as more stuff gets reported.

- DazNoonan - 2011-05-09

scarfa Wrote:You're allowed customize the 7 shortcuts for each sub menu. Adding a custom shortcut will override the default one depending on its placement.
I see, I didn't realise that was how it worked, that is brilliant... perfect.

Thanks again for a great looking and very good performing skin for use on the ATV2 mate. It really is working well, and has become my skin of choice over my longtime use of Alaska Revisited.

- HansP - 2011-05-09

been using it for a few days now

for me what could be improved :

Movies WALL VIEW , adding a small border or just placing it in the upper border what movie you selected , the fanart or cover is not always very clear

in movie OSD , adding some text near the icons for better visibility ( just the text when you select an icon )

adding info panel when you press info (i)

- scarfa - 2011-05-09

DazNoonan Wrote:I see, I didn't realise that was how it worked, that is brilliant... perfect.

Thanks again for a great looking and very good performing skin for use on the ATV2 mate. It really is working well, and has become my skin of choice over my longtime use of Alaska Revisited.

Glad you like it. Smile

- scarfa - 2011-05-09

HansP Wrote:been using it for a few days now

for me what could be improved :

Movies WALL VIEW , adding a small border or just placing it in the upper border what movie you selected , the fanart or cover is not always very clear

I can add the title label in the bottom info panel that pops up after 3 seconds.

HansP Wrote:in movie OSD , adding some text near the icons for better visibility ( just the text when you select an icon )

I've been meaning to do that then I just forgot about it during development...

- DazNoonan - 2011-05-09

A few more things (hope you don't mind?)

Movies:
[1] When using Wrap info and having the view option to "hide fanart", when you bring up the more info screen (the one that lets you refresh, get thumb etc...) the fanart is then shown on this screen. Not sure if this is meant to happen or if it should still be hidden?

[2] When using Wrap Info; If a movie has DTS that is not 5.1 (I imagine the movie is 2.0) then the icon looks like it has a part missing and only shows the bit that says dts and then has a big gap before saying the screen size.
- Screenshot

[3] When using Wrap Info; on some films the runtime is not shown as it seems to disappear off the edge, I think this is down to when both the Director and Writer content is long. - - Screenshot

Requests:
[1] In the bottom left where it states how many movies (Wrap Info) you have in your collection, would it be possible to also show how many are un-watched? This could also been done in TV Shows (List Info 2). In-fact it really would be fantastic for TV Shows especially.

Thanks again, keep up the good work.