Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden (/showthread.php?tid=100882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- nmirza - 2011-10-21

One small request if it can be accomodated to be made compatible. I am currently using the nightlies, and I know rapier right now is for dharma. Everything seems to work fine though except one little thing. When i go into skin settings to add a sub menu item, such as link to youtube plugin in videos, i can no longer get out of that setting option. So for the past 3 weeks i've been stuck not being able to change any other skin settings since i'm stuck on the screen for skin settings that show me which script/plugin i want to add. I also would prefer to stay on the nightlies as there are significant improvements for my system since the last stable release.

I know this must be some change in the nightlies that isn't compatible with the skin right now. But it would be great if you could see if theres an easy way to change some little setting to allow this menu to be compatible with both dharma and eden. that way atleast for now, I and countless others can keep using the skin in current state wile on pre-eden, and you can take as long as you want to finish up the skin for dharma before you move on to eden.

scarfa Wrote:Hey guys, sorry for being away for so long. I've added Rapier to GitHub as promised so you can get the latest snapshots.

https://github.com/scarfa/skin.rapier

Currently I am fixing/tweaking some things mentioned in this thread. If you find any other problems with the skin, use GitHub's issue tracker to make it easier for me or post here if you like.

I hope to have a Dharma final ready soon as that is what most people are using at the moment, then I will move on to making it compatible with Eden.

- loggio - 2011-10-21

Nmirza,
I've mentioned this... He knows. Use your mouse to exit the menu, it's the only way (for now).

- PatOso - 2011-10-24

could add more theme? for example: white.xbt or yellow_golden.xbt.
is this possible?

Thanks

- Westward - 2011-10-24

Scarfa, thanks for adding the movie title at the bottom in Thumbs Info mode!

I'd like to experiment some more with this, so could you point me toward where I can change its font size and maybe its placement on screen? Our current TV is pretty small, so a bigger font would be welcome. I've also noticed that long titles have to be scrolled because the title area has only so much space. If I could rather place the title above the movie thumbs and info area, that should do the trick, allowing for a bigger font and making scrolling unnecessary.

- bandelguy - 2011-10-28

Is the GIT version only for Dharma? For pre-eden nightlies users, the right version is the zip file in the 1st post, right?

Please include support for cdart, artists logos and weather plus support in the future

- wannabegt4 - 2011-11-01

nmirza Wrote:One small request if it can be accomodated to be made compatible. I am currently using the nightlies, and I know rapier right now is for dharma. Everything seems to work fine though except one little thing. When i go into skin settings to add a sub menu item, such as link to youtube plugin in videos, i can no longer get out of that setting option. So for the past 3 weeks i've been stuck not being able to change any other skin settings since i'm stuck on the screen for skin settings that show me which script/plugin i want to add. I also would prefer to stay on the nightlies as there are significant improvements for my system since the last stable release.

I know this must be some change in the nightlies that isn't compatible with the skin right now. But it would be great if you could see if theres an easy way to change some little setting to allow this menu to be compatible with both dharma and eden. that way atleast for now, I and countless others can keep using the skin in current state wile on pre-eden, and you can take as long as you want to finish up the skin for dharma before you move on to eden.

loggio Wrote:Nmirza,
I've mentioned this... He knows. Use your mouse to exit the menu, it's the only way (for now).

I just fixed this in my xbox fork on github these are the two files that need to be replaced:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ld2a2724mn4vuc6
http://www.mediafire.com/?szl7v9lkzmrjq4v
This makes the back arrow focus-able via the directional keys. Either click it or press left again to go back; both ways will work.

- Stranger - 2011-11-04

Hey scarfa, been using RC1 on my main machine since you released it...

Edit: Found what I was originally looking for but now wondering if you have the original media flags that you used to make rapiers flags. Do you have them as a set that you can post here?

Big Grin

- mellis - 2011-11-06

Hey! First start to say very good skin.
I have a problem the "OverlayWatched" and "OverlayUnwatched" icon do not show in "Video" folder. It's blank. Anyone else having the same problem? Cannot see what I have seen or not. It's something I irritates me. In beta version the icon show correctly.

- The-Boxhead - 2011-11-07

I wonder what happened to the user friendly layout that made rapier so great ?
Everything is so small it's impossible to use most of the views in movies and tv shows. (font sizes)

Both me the wife and kids used the earlier versions of rapier but now i've had to change back to confluence.

I've seen this happen for to many skins lately, also aeon nox which is a great skin. Maybe it just me getting old and only having a 720p 42 inch lcd tv these days Smile

I mainly use list views, hopefully there will be a usable list view some day that has a font size that is human readable on a 42 inch lcd 3-4 meters away. Are people using monitors and sitting right in front of it?

- Bram77 - 2011-11-07

I have not problems reading text in this skin on my 40'' 1080 Samsung screen (couch at 3m).
Have you tried refocus? It has bigger fonts and is a really great skin!

- locomot1f - 2011-11-07

what has happened to weather?
is it because i'm using the nightly versions?
the icons have just disappeared... patiently awaiting any new updates.

- wannabegt4 - 2011-11-07

locomot1f Wrote:what has happened to weather?
is it because i'm using the nightly versions?
the icons have just disappeared... patiently awaiting any new updates.
weather.com is going to start charging for access to the information. There is a thread about it on here somewhere.

- locomot1f - 2011-11-11

any updatesHuh

to the skin, that is...?

- lambda - 2011-11-11

locomot1f Wrote:any updatesHuh

to the skin, that is...?

Scarfa is working on major updates to make rapier 100% eden compatible.
Right now he is re-coding breadcrumbs.
I personally coded Extended Custom Categories support
(16 custom categories with Multi image and Sub-menus support)
He will evaluate it and include it after finishing with breadcrumbs.
Scarfa is working on rapier even if he's not active in xbmc forums.

- locomot1f - 2011-11-12

lambda Wrote:Scarfa is working on major updates to make rapier 100% eden compatible.
Right now he is re-coding breadcrumbs.
I personally coded Extended Custom Categories support
(16 custom categories with Multi image and Sub-menus support)
He will evaluate it and include it after finishing with breadcrumbs.
Scarfa is working on rapier even if he's not active in xbmc forums.

thanks for the update!

not so much the forums...
speaking more about the git repository. there was all this activity, and then nothing again for going on two weeks now.
I have to admit, i jumped the gun.

patiently awaiting new updates.... if you have stuff that you'd like tested out on different platforms, please fell free to make another branch for testing purposes.