Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden (/showthread.php?tid=100882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- locomot1f - 2011-11-21

scarfa Wrote:Fixed.

nevermind... yup it's working. had my intro video pointing to the wrong folder.

- needtotest - 2011-11-21

just installede the latest from git - looks good.

I have a small problem with the addon apple movie trailer lite 2.0.2 - the sort by date added does not work....is that fixable?

Thanks

[requesting] - locomot1f - 2011-11-21

Weather+ support!

wondering if this is in the pipeline, or just a pipe dream....Huh
if you get this working, that would just make this the BEST DAMN SKIN EVER for atv 2!!!

- lambda - 2011-11-21

locomot1f Wrote:Weather+ support!

wondering if this is in the pipeline, or just a pipe dream....Huh
if you get this working, that would just make this the BEST DAMN SKIN EVER for atv 2!!!

it is in my upcoming list, but pseudotv, tv guide and pvr support take my time for now.
It will be supported by Scarfa or me, unless Scarfa has a reason for not wanting this.

- scarfa - 2011-11-22

needtotest Wrote:just installede the latest from git - looks good.

I have a small problem with the addon apple movie trailer lite 2.0.2 - the sort by date added does not work....is that fixable?

Thanks

Fixed. "dated added" is not available, try "date".

- loggio - 2011-11-22

A suggestion to make "add-ons" a part of the actual settings screen. Right now, the only way to get to add-ons screen is to use the sub-menu above Settings... It should be a part of the settings menu i believe.

Also, Lambda.... in settings menu, while pushing on right on the top bar to cycle through the settings menus...the highlighted selection skips "TV" after it skips i have to move back left.

- needtotest - 2011-11-22

scarfa Wrote:Fixed. "dated added" is not available, try "date".

well now you can only sort by year and runtime - so name, rating and added date does not work...

( just to be clear - this is the addon apple movie trailers lite - and not the standard listing of movies)

- bandelguy - 2011-11-28

will artist logos be supported in the git?

- bdee1 - 2011-11-29

wannabegt4 Wrote:I just fixed this in my xbox fork on github these are the two files that need to be replaced:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ld2a2724mn4vuc6
http://www.mediafire.com/?szl7v9lkzmrjq4v
This makes the back arrow focus-able via the directional keys. Either click it or press left again to go back; both ways will work.

I am having the same problem using the latest nightly build - how do i use these files to fix the problem?

- lambda - 2011-11-29

bdee1 Wrote:I am having the same problem using the latest nightly build - how do i use these files to fix the problem?

I assume you use rapier rc1
download rapier from GitHub
https://github.com/scarfa/skin.rapier
requires pre-eden nightly builds

loggio Wrote:A suggestion to make "add-ons" a part of the actual settings screen. Right now, the only way to get to add-ons screen is to use the sub-menu above Settings... It should be a part of the settings menu i believe.

loggio I had the same feeling with you because most skins have add-on browser there and I used to find it there.
Tried to add it there and failed. Buttons are becoming too small.

loggio Wrote:Also, Lambda.... in settings menu, while pushing on right on the top bar to cycle through the settings menus...the highlighted selection skips "TV" after it skips i have to move back left.

Can't reproduce this. Can you pm me a video with the bug in action? Also all pvr views and dialogs are redesigned.
Your feedback would be more than welcome.

- bdee1 - 2011-11-29

thanks for the reply - how do i know if i am pre-eden?

i got my nightly builds from her:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/

- loggio - 2011-11-30

lambda,

Forget what i said about the TV selection menu in settings, false alarm. Downloaded latest git and seems to have fixed itself.

I like what you've done with PVR, looking good.
I like the now playing preview in timeline, it was much needed and works well.
I like that you've made the channel logos bigger, this was also needed. However i feel they're a little too big, they seem to not fit with the rest of the layout being that size... so perhaps downsize them a tad? Your call.

A couple of things:
I feel the blue colour of the channel list and time bar in timeline view is a little dull, the colour seems to be unique to the timeline view and isn't seen anywhere else in Rapier, the other blues are lighter... I'm starting to think i liked it better before when it was transparent (i know i asked you to change it to start with haha) I did have an idea regarding this however... I thought maybe the list and time bar would look better if you used the same colour transparent grey used as a border around the movie library thumbnails view, and the same blue colour used as a highlight for thumbnails as the colour of the hilighted selection for Timeline view. Just a thought.

2)
The transition animation between channel logos when scrolling the timeline channel list i feel is either to slow, or simply shouldn't be there... Either way, there's something odd about it at the moment... And i think it's noticable now because the size of the logos has gotten bigger.

other than that, love the progress :-) coming along nicely
Keep up the good work.

ALSO -
if you get a chance, take a look at the ReFocus skin and check out what Jeroen's done with the OSD channel list, i kinda like this approach, as it centers the list and makes it wider... fiting with the wide view of most 16:9 screens, It's a pretty subtle change but it just feels more natural i think... as opposed to narrow and off to the right like it is in most skins.

If you change anything and you want me to test before you upload to git, just pm me.

Cheers,
Loggio.

- locomot1f - 2011-11-30

one thing i'm noticing.

on my ATV 2, I have several custom category menus -- which use favorites.

when I use these menus to enter, for example, HULU. it loses it's focus. I have to exit back to the home menu, and then re-enter back into HULU, and the focus is there.

I noticed this on other platforms. the difference being, I could use the mouse or directional keys to regain the focus.

If I go in through Videos -> Add-ons -> HULU, then i don't have this problem. Only when accessing through Favorites.

other than that, keep up the great work. any updates on weather +Huh

- lambda - 2011-11-30

bdee1 Wrote:thanks for the reply - how do i know if i am pre-eden?

i got my nightly builds from her:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/

these are pre-eden

loggio Wrote:Forget what i said about the TV selection menu in settings, false alarm. Downloaded latest git and seems to have fixed itself.

Thanks for clearing that up

loggio Wrote:I feel the blue colour of the channel list and time bar in timeline view is a little dull, the colour seems to be unique to the timeline view and isn't seen anywhere else in Rapier, the other blues are lighter... I'm starting to think i liked it better before when it was transparent (i know i asked you to change it to start with haha) I did have an idea regarding this however... I thought maybe the list and time bar would look better if you used the same colour transparent grey used as a border around the movie library thumbnails view, and the same blue colour used as a highlight for thumbnails as the colour of the hilighted selection for Timeline view. Just a thought.

all design changes made in pvr are scarfa's decisions.
will continue tweaking pvr designs, but they have to be approved by scarfa.

loggio Wrote:if you get a chance, take a look at the ReFocus skin and check out what Jeroen's done with the OSD channel list, i kinda like this approach, as it centers the list and makes it wider... fiting with the wide view of most 16:9 screens, It's a pretty subtle change but it just feels more natural i think... as opposed to narrow and off to the right like it is in most skins.

this will break scarfa's design. he has osd dialogs left. so pvr dialogs will have to be left or right.

locomot1f Wrote:one thing i'm noticing.

on my ATV 2, I have several custom category menus -- which use favorites.

when I use these menus to enter, for example, HULU. it loses it's focus. I have to exit back to the home menu, and then re-enter back into HULU, and the focus is there.

can't reproduce this, is this also happening if you add a menu as an addon?
it could help if you uploaded your guisettings.xml.

locomot1f Wrote:any updates on weather +
not yet. scarfa is willing to include it and I will start working on it soon.

- locomot1f - 2011-12-01

lambda Wrote:can't reproduce this, is this also happening if you add a menu as an addon?
it could help if you uploaded your guisettings.xml.

must admit. my guisettings.xml file is pretty huge. it's got stuff in there from old skins i've used in the past.
if i delete it, i assume it will make a new one, but will i need to start over?