[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 (/showthread.php?tid=100882)
- ecafracs - 2011-08-17 14:08
Love your work.
- bandelguy - 2011-08-17 16:09
@Scarfa: Any chance of getting it to svn or git for further future updates, when the skin is released officially? And please , keep the studio logo images separate from the textures.xbt.
How do I include any missing studio logo? What's the folder structure in the media folder?
- otcho - 2011-08-17 17:11
Is this for Dharma 10.1?
- nmirza - 2011-08-17 19:07
leaving the following original post for reference but basically the hide osd when paused issue now has an option. that is awesome!!
Some other comments and observations. ofcourse they are only suggestions and the skin would be perfect even the way it is:
1-list info 2 in tv shows: the list shows epsisode number and runtime right along with the name of the episode. I think this makes the view a bit cluttered, and list info 2 is the only view i use and my fav. Since when you go on the episode you know the episode number and runtiem anyway on the left hand side, i think this info might be two much. First because the episodes are already in order, and finding the right one is still never an issue. second, for tv shows the run time seems to be consistent for the sprecific show. for example i'm looking at 30 rock and it jsut shows run time 21 minutes for each episode right in the list. so in all shows you basically see the run time again and again even though its all the same.
2-in same list info 2, theres an effect when you move up and down the list of the info flashing in and out when you go onto a specific episode. for example scrolling from 1 down to 2, the text fades out and back in. i think its a bit distracting. secondly, the tiny icon besides the info zooms out and back in. i think a better behaviour might be a simple moving of the blue scrollbar rather than an effect each time you move onto a new episode. theicon zooming in and out is fancy and all and im sure ill get used to it, but the text going out and back in is a bit odd.
again, jsut suggestions and you are the designer and primary user and thus ultimately we have to go with what works for you and your artistic vision of the skin.
Scarfa, i had a post a little while ago at the time of beta1/2 regarding player controls while paussed/forward/rewind playing a video. Right now when you press pause, step back, step forward, rewind, forward while watching a video, the osd pops up, showing you how far you are in the movie. Every time i get a skin, i go into the xml file (forgot the name) and make changes so the osd only shows up when i press menu, and not on any of the other actions. This way it doesn't kill the suspense of how much of the movie is left if you happen to pause rewind or forward. Plus you can still see how much of the movie is left by pressing menu and also get to the other options.
Back then you said you will add an option for this behaviour to the next beta/rc for those who prefer it. This doesn't seem to be mentioned in the changes section. Maybe i just can't see the option, have you dropped the idea, or any chance we could still see this option in the final release? i hope its an easy option to implement and you wil add it.
edit: the post is here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=823557&postcount=142
- Westward - 2011-08-18 00:44
Thumbs Info is perfect in movie mode. Thanks for adding it, Scarfa.
I have two questions:
1. How do I add submenus to a custom category? I know I can change the submenus for Videos and Music, but would like to add some elsewhere. Will this have to be done manually?
2. Poking around to solve one of the question, I had before, I added this in custom_ViewModes.xml on line 334:
Quote: | Container.Content(Seasons)... right after Container.Content(TVShows). This makes the List Info image appear on the season level's View dropdown list.
Comparing with the custom_ViewModes.xml from Qualar's mod, I figured changing line 126 should then activate the view mode:
Quote:<visible>Window.IsActive(VideoLibrary) + [Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons)]</visible>The skin sets itself to Icon mode on the season level however.
What am I doing wrong - should I add a completely new control ID for seasons?
- scarfa - 2011-08-18 04:44
bandelguy Wrote:@Scarfa: Any chance of getting it to svn or git for further future updates, when the skin is released officially? And please , keep the studio logo images separate from the textures.xbt.
Thats the plan. (svn or git)
- scarfa - 2011-08-18 04:47
1. Use mixed mode view style.
2. Turn it off in skin settings.
- scarfa - 2011-08-18 04:49
@Westward Do the same thing at line 1156 in ViewsTVShows.xml
- Westward - 2011-08-18 14:03
It worked, thanks scarfa!
- freaktm - 2011-08-18 15:19
Thanks, Scarfa, for this great great skin!
I've a couple of bugs/request features to make it perfect, though!
1. (bug) When using a list-veiw in Season-level of TV-shows, and enabling "mixed" or "expanded" (can't remember the name) option, it shows [total EP's] [SQUARE] [watched EP's] (or something similar) - I guess the [SQUARE] should be some kind of special symbol? To me, it looks like the square Windows uses to replace unsupported symbols, anywho. Will provide screenshot later, if needed
2. (request) Is it possible to add the movie title to the new Info Thumbnails view?? I love the view, but always return to the default Thumbnail view to get the title of the selected movie. This is because not all posters clearly state which movie it is xD