Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden (/showthread.php?tid=100882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- lambda - 2011-12-13

activate Wrote:Guys,

There are three things that I have noticed whilst customising that I would like to find a solution for.

1. In the path to choose the Category image (Focus/Nofocus), I am restricted to navigate within the skin add-on folder.
2. When I click on the playlist, it starts playing Wink This may be normal but there must be a way to show the list instead.
3. I don't know how many favourites I have but I am only able to access a certain number of them within the home menu customisation options.

Lots of customisation happening!Wink

1. Scarfa fixed this by adding browse button there
2. playlist behaviour is controlled by xbmc, you need to check out advancedsettings.xml
3. rapier reads what script.favourites gives

locomot1f Wrote:any chance of supporting artist slideshow?

as opposed to just showing fanart...?

scarfa is working in making rapier ready for eden release
add add it to eden repo when eden is released.
he won't add new features until then.

i am working on weather+

- activate - 2011-12-13

Can I say that other than skin obviously, you guys are awesome in support. Just acknowledging the comments regardless of a solution or not, makes a world of difference!

lambda Wrote:1. Scarfa fixed this by adding browse button there
2. playlist behaviour is controlled by xbmc, you need to check out advancedsettings.xml
3. rapier reads what script.favourites gives

Thanks for the advice. The favourites is a strange one. I counted approx 30 favourites in the xml which is also picked up by rapier. Its only in the customisation options that it bottoms out at about 25. I'll take it up in the favourites.script forum.

EDIT: The favourites bottom out at exactly 30 while the number in reality is 35.

- locomot1f - 2011-12-13

i created a fork on git hub to "hopefully" be able to help out with MusicVisualization.xml code, to add support for Artist Slideshow.

- locomot1f - 2011-12-13

yes... i must concur with activate! y'all do an amazing job with support. and the fact that this skin is so sleek, and clean, it allows for community to really get involved.

less options = more control!

now, to my question/ problem. i know i've been messing around with the MusicVisualization page. but something happened, and now I don't get the pretty display screen with the music info when I go to the MusicVisualzation page.

i thought i went back and did a git pull of the original hub... so, i'm assuming it's something i did. but i just want to make sure...

nevermind... i got it

- locomot1f - 2011-12-19

thanks for adding the artist slideshow support!!! really appreciate it!

i would say the only thing missing is the ability to put in the artist info:
$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtistBiography)]

looks better than seeing: No content available

atv 2: audio / no video - locomot1f - 2011-12-19

peace,

I'm starting to notice this problem. and I think it's something with the skin, because it only happens in Rapier.
basically, as the subject says. sometimes when i go into XBMC, and I go to play a video from any section -- my personal videos, HULU, or any other stream -- i'll get audio, but no video.
but, if I switch to Confluence, everything is fine.

here's a look at my log file:
http://pastebin.com/2bK5MeSb

from the last line, it seems to be something with this:
unable to load:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.rapier/VideoFullScreen.xml, Line 0

but then, i could exit out of XBMC and go back in, and it will work perfectly -- but that could be after 6 or 7 times.

- locomot1f - 2011-12-21

any thoughts, to my problem?

- Bram77 - 2011-12-21

I've got the same problem. Video is playing but not showing. Caused by the same error (VideoFullScreen.xml).

- MaRINoL - 2011-12-22

Bram77 Wrote:I've got the same problem. Video is playing but not showing. Caused by the same error (VideoFullScreen.xml).

I'm having the same problem. ATV2, Dec. 10th nightly.

- locomot1f - 2011-12-22

----------------- This is what i've been doing ----------------------------

As soon as i start XBMC, go and change the skin to confluence, start a video.
Then go back to Rapier. Everything seems to work fine after that.

@ Bram what are you're specs? Platform / version?

- The-Boxhead - 2011-12-22

I can also confirm the same problem when using rapier. No fullscreen video but audio.
Switch to any other skin and it works.

- rodercot - 2011-12-23

hey alll,

sorry if this has been mentioned, I just updated to pre 11 and the new 4.00 skin I am in the hide categories window right now and cannot go back, I can go up down right etc on the remote but nothing on back. The arrow is there but cannot highlight it or anything to move back to the previous window anyone else and I am also getting a failed pyscript on startup.

Dave

- Stranger - 2011-12-23

The-Boxhead Wrote:I can also confirm the same problem when using rapier. No fullscreen video but audio.
Switch to any other skin and it works.

rodercot Wrote:hey alll,

sorry if this has been mentioned, I just updated to pre 11 and the new 4.00 skin I am in the hide categories window right now and cannot go back, I can go up down right etc on the remote but nothing on back. The arrow is there but cannot highlight it or anything to move back to the previous window anyone else and I am also getting a failed pyscript on startup.

Dave

locomot1f Wrote:----------------- This is what i've been doing ----------------------------

As soon as i start XBMC, go and change the skin to confluence, start a video.
Then go back to Rapier. Everything seems to work fine after that.

@ Bram what are you're specs? Platform / version?

MaRINoL Wrote:I'm having the same problem. ATV2, Dec. 10th nightly.

Bram77 Wrote:I've got the same problem. Video is playing but not showing. Caused by the same error (VideoFullScreen.xml).

locomot1f Wrote:peace,

I'm starting to notice this problem. and I think it's something with the skin, because it only happens in Rapier.
basically, as the subject says. sometimes when i go into XBMC, and I go to play a video from any section -- my personal videos, HULU, or any other stream -- i'll get audio, but no video.

unable to load:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.rapier/VideoFullScreen.xml, Line 0

but then, i could exit out of XBMC and go back in, and it will work perfectly -- but that could be after 6 or 7 times.

You can follow Rapier's development or download the latest snapshots via GitHub

- scarfa - 2011-12-23

locomot1f Wrote:peace,

I see nothing wrong with the code in VideoFullscreen.xml and I can't replicate it on windows. Can you confirm this only happens on ATV2?

- locomot1f - 2011-12-24

scarfa Wrote:I see nothing wrong with the code in VideoFullscreen.xml and I can't replicate it on windows. Can you confirm this only happens on ATV2?

i'll test it out on my MacBook next week -- after the holiday.
going into Confluence, then back to Rapier is getting the job done for right now.

everyone, enjoy your holiday!!!