Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden (/showthread.php?tid=100882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- scarfa - 2012-02-06

rodercot Wrote:Scarfa,

I noticed on the current svn I am getting crashes to the desktop, so far I noticed it on a clean lucid build running the latest AE git and x-swat nvidia-current drivers 290.10. I assumed two things one is I am running a development branch and I have a custom kernel configured for this build. So! I attributed the issues to that, but last night on my production machine that is in the living room I notied the same thing. It is also running AE but a different build; but it is stock (updated) lucid and x-swats with 290.10 as well. For some reason on that machine it did not create a crash report or stack trace at all, which has me confused as I spent a couple hours last week getting that fixed.

On the test machine, it did create a crash error report With about 17 threads in the stack trace all seem to point to an Nvidia .so file. I updated to the new beta binary on that system just this morning and so far I have not had it crash. The new driver is 295.17.

I can pastebin the crash log if you like. This first one is 630k the 2nd is over 1Mb and the third is 2.2Mb.

Thanks,

Dave

If you're having video driver problems, there is nothing I can do.

- scarfa - 2012-02-06

locomot1f Wrote:peace scarfa,

i'm noticing on the latest build, the main menu categories are missing.

i've tried to update a couple of time, but notice the same results.
if i do a rollback, the menus are there.
but when it try to do an update, they disappear:
Music
System
Video
TV
Movies

--- all gone. :-(

my custom menus are there.

Latest build of Rapier or XBMC? If latest XBMC what build and platform.

- locomot1f - 2012-02-06

scarfa Wrote:Latest build of Rapier or XBMC? If latest XBMC what build and platform.

sorry bout the confusion.

latest build of Rapier.

Running:
xbmc beta-2
Rapier(SVN) 1328382140 - Passion's Repo
Apple TV 2

The last change log is for Feb. 3.
seems maybe the SVN is a couple of days old, as i see you done stuff yesterday.

I will try to force refresh Passion's Repo.

- scarfa - 2012-02-06

locomot1f Wrote:sorry bout the confusion.

latest build of Rapier.

Running:
xbmc beta-2
Rapier(SVN) 1328382140 - Passion's Repo
Apple TV 2

The last change log is for Feb. 3.
seems maybe the SVN is a couple of days old, as i see you done stuff yesterday.

I will try to force refresh Passion's Repo.

One of my commits the home categories are not working. Should be fixed in the latest build.

- rodercot - 2012-02-06

scarfa Wrote:If you're having video driver problems, there is nothing I can do.

I am not having video driver problems. my point was that it seemed to be related to a .so file. when I switch to confluence or back to qualar or even 4.0rc1 the problem does not occur.

What version is the toolbar fixed in, I rolled back to 2120 this morning from 2140 and have not seen an update yet.

Thanks,

Dave

- locomot1f - 2012-02-06

scarfa,

i have to tell you...

i went to your git version, and they still aren't there...?
could it be a file naming issue? case sensitive on the AppleTV 2.

edit:
interesting... i switched my language from English -> English (US), and now the icons appear...

- locomot1f - 2012-02-09

peace Scarfa,

I appreciate the "hide date" function.
I'm speaking merely cosmetically -- wondering if you meant to leave the two bars (||) there. Or should there just be one bar (|) to then separate the weather (if there is weather) from the time. So, i guess on some screens, there should be no bars.

- hhuynh1983 - 2012-02-11

woop

- locomot1f - 2012-02-11

just updated to Eden Beta 3, and weather plus icons are not showing up...
not sure if it's a skin, or weather plus...

i haven't seen anything about this in the weather plus forum... so i thought i'd start here.

it's just the main icon -- the one on the home menu under general, and the main icon on the weather screen.

if i go into weather, i still get the animated icons on the selected days (weekend, 10 days, hourly, etc.)

so that's what makes me think it's something that might have changed the way this particular item is selected.

also, the conditions background has ceased to work.

other than that... the weather plus feature does work.

Okay...
so after going through and playing with settings, everything seems to be caught up.

I basically went through NOAA, and made sure everything was working with that provider. then i switched back to weather.com, and everything works: animated icons, and condition based backgrounds.

guess sometimes you just need a little patience. :-)

- nmirza - 2012-02-12

I had a quick question regarding recent skin updates. The last time i downloaded the rapier skin was from the main page link for rapier rc1. After that i see all these changes being talked about, but no no new link. A few days ago though on xbmc i did see a popup saying rapier skin updated. Does this mean that now xbmc is taking care of skin updates that scarfa is committing as part of the addons? Or was that update some fluke and i should go to the jrapier skin code page and download latest version? Sorry im not sure about git and all these different things, if thats only for people downloading the source code or if thats where i can also go download the latest verison.

- bandelguy - 2012-02-12

The Git link in the 1st post, gives you all the latest updates of Rapier. You can download the updated skin also from Xbmc passion too under the addon section too, if you find Git too dificult.

- nmirza - 2012-02-13

bandelguy Wrote:The Git link in the 1st post, gives you all the latest updates of Rapier. You can download the updated skin also from Xbmc passion too under the addon section too, if you find Git too dificult.

Perfect thanks i used the passion xbmc addons section to download it. Should i delete the rc1? Is the svn version the final version, and xbmc will automatically update with any changes?

- bandelguy - 2012-02-13

Delete Rapier RC1 first, then either install the passion repo, and then download rapier from the skins section or manually download the skin from xbmc passion. The xbmc passion repo will automatically update the skin whenever updates are pushed in Xbmc passion. Personally, I prefer GIT as Scarfa pushes all the updates there first and then they get incorporated later in Xbmc passion.

- nmirza - 2012-02-14

bandelguy Wrote:Delete Rapier RC1 first, then either install the passion repo, and then download rapier from the skins section or manually download the skin from xbmc passion. The xbmc passion repo will automatically update the skin whenever updates are pushed in Xbmc passion. Personally, I prefer GIT as Scarfa pushes all the updates there first and then they get incorporated later in Xbmc passion.

Aweosme thanks i downloaded from passion. I dont mind waiting few days for uodates if i have the convenience of auto uodates. Lots of changes!! Loving it.

- nmirza - 2012-02-14

Scarfa, a small note on the skin and the now playing window. I noticed that when playing music i basically see the artist, album, and below that "no descriptiom found" (the now playing window). Ive played lots of songs and it always says no desc found Im thinking having a space for description is a bit redundant when it comes to musuc since as far as i know theres generally no descriotion ever the way you might find it with tv shows or movies. I havent played via normal music files or library mode. Im using the itunes plugin.

Maybe you need to still have a space for description since maybe you cant have a sepaarate now playing window for musuc vs one for videos and thus theres a space for description whether something has a descriptiom or not.. Im not sure about the mechanics of skinning but if thats the case would it be better to basically change the behavior of the descriptor tag so that if theres no description then The tag space for description is empty (no text saying "no description found") and if there is a description then obviously theres a description in that space. This way dependent on how people tag their music or scrapers they use the description is available if neeeded and just blank if not needed.